It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Player Explorations
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:51 am 

Hi All,

I am thinking of doing New Player Explorations again, but with a difference.

What Are New Player Explorations?
The last time I organised these, we would have one or more new players, and a group of veteran players. The new players were to solve the age by themselves, and the only help veteran players could give were non-spoiler hints.

How Is This Different to the Age Gatherings I See Happen Regularly At The Moment?
The Age Gatherings, are not aimed at allowing new players to solve the age themselves.

Why Do I Have To Solve The Age Myself?
You don't have to, if you want to consult a walkthrough and be given all the answers, that is your choice. But I prefer players to solve the age themselves, you'll get more satisfaction from the game that way.

If I Solve The Age Myself, Why Are You With Me?
I would be there to give you a hint or two if you get stuck and can't see how to solve the puzzle.

So, Is This A Group Activity?
I don't mind making it a group activity, if there is a group that wants to do it, but I would prefer one on one help.
If a group does want me to organise it, remember the rules, if you know what to do, you can't give out the answer, the new player(s) are to solve it themselves.

What Experience Do You Have Doing This?
I was involved in the last round of New Player Explorations. Tanshin started the idea (afaik) and then could not continue organising them, so I stepped up and organised them. I have written many helpful articles on the Guild Of Sleepers forum, which all try to be non-spoiler. I know the difference between a hint and giving out the answer. I have helped other players solve ages themselves.

When Are You Doing These New Player Explorations?
Because different people have different schedules, contact me, either PM me here on this forum, contact me in-game, or email me [email protected] and we can set up a time and day.