It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:28 pm 

Shorah love!

I've been in contact with Cyan and Rand has agreed to a live interview!!!!!!

The interview will be during CAVECON and will gather in the DMR!

Rand will answer only questions from you so please post them here in this thread!!!

I will post updates as soon as I can! RL has had me very busy!

Love you all!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:24 pm 

WOW! I thorouughly enjoyed the last in-game q&a session that Rand attended--- I definitely will make plans to attend!!!

I guess these are the obvious questions:

1. Will there ever be a new 'Myst' or 'Uru' game?

2. Will there ever be new content on MOULa? Are there current plans for that?

3. Any update on the Myst movie?

4. Cyan has had some past financial struggles... are things looking brighter these days?

But MY personal questions, tho, are more like these:

4. Would you ever consider 'tasteful' in-game advertising to help support MOULA?

5. Atrus is the 'Mario' of Myst... even decades out, Myst is still highly regarded as a quality game, and Atrus a very recognizable character. Since you personally are so closely associated with Atrus, would you ever consider using your likeness-- more specifically, the likeness of Atrus--- as a marketing tool?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Michelle, sweetie, your timing is very poor. Other people have been working hard and planning for a long time to put on the D'nipalooza on July 27th, and for you to choose dates leading up to and even going over that date makes it seem like you're trying to steal their thunder. And, this particular item makes it look like you felt you needed a wow factor because you didn't get the response you'd hoped for when you posted about the "cavecon" (it's a cavern, not a cave, btw). If you're trying to win friends and influence people, I'm afraid things like this only serve to create the opposite effect.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Rather than arguing about whose event is more important, how about a little-used technique called cooperation? Methinks the cavern is big enough for everyone. I'm sure that Rand doesn't want to trample all over D'nipalooza that people have worked hard on, either. There are still several weeks left to work out scheduling issues. We should be happy that we have these kinds of events to enjoy in Uru, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:32 am 

Kaaja is aware of all this and part of it ! The project is in sync ... it is for everyone to participate .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:23 am 
Obduction Backer

TY Christine...See!!..People can work together without everyone elses input..Stifle Edith (All In The Family---Archie Bunker)...lol

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:25 am 

christine wrote:
Kaaja is aware of all this and part of it ! The project is in sync ...

Then just state it, nice and simply and don't confuse people with non related stuff when you're posting!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:40 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
christine wrote:

If that's true, it would be great, but it would also appear to have been after the fact. Why are there three threads for one cooperative event? Excuse me for being skeptical, but the way the posts were written, it reads as two separate events by two different people, and given the history of the people involved, that seemed the most obvious explanation.

When multiple people work together on one event, it should be organized within one thread (or additional threads should reference the original thread) and one person should be designated to maintain the OP, updating it with new information as items are added to the event.

So, Keir needs to change the OP of the D'nipalooza thread to include this item.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think as long as this Rand interview (which let's be honest, is the only thing people are actually going to be interested in) doesn't happen on July 27th, there won't be any issue with the schedule conflicting with the D'nipalooza.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:01 pm 

I very much agree. Thanks Ahlisendar. The best of the two. The interview.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Rand Miller interview will be integrated into the D'nipalooza schedule as well as the cavecon - all are merging into a singular event. As soon as Rand agrees on a time we'll structure the days program around his availability. There's really not as much conflict as it would seem here as all the concerned and organizing parties are coming together under the same banner. Everyone is cooperating and trying to present the best program we can produce for the enjoyment of the entire community as well as to raise donation and support awareness. Please submit your questions for Rand on the thread announcing the interview. We'll submit those to him to be addressed as part of the program.

Thanks to all!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:33 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
christine wrote:

If that's true, it would be great, but it would also appear to have been after the fact. Why are there three threads for one cooperative event? Excuse me for being skeptical, but the way the posts were written, it reads as two separate events by two different people, and given the history of the people involved, that seemed the most obvious explanation.

When multiple people work together on one event, it should be organized within one thread (or additional threads should reference the original thread) and one person should be designated to maintain the OP, updating it with new information as items are added to the event.

So, Keir needs to change the OP of the D'nipalooza thread to include this item.

I'm not disagreeing with what you said ... just making a suggestion ...
Why not ask Kaaja and Michelle (as it is their threads) if they would mind a mod merging the threads, and then changing the thread title to whatever they agree on.

Just a suggestion ... am happy people still want to organise events like these

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:56 pm 

I am interested in the Interview.
What is the date and time of the Interview.
Some are only interested in the Interview.

You also mentioned that we are trying to raise money for the Cavcon and awareness.
What is the awareness. Just wondering.

It will be great to hear Rand.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:24 am 
Obduction Backer

michelle marquise wrote:
The interview will be during CAVECON....
michelle marquise wrote:
Rand will answer only questions from you so please post them here in this thread!!!
I thought he was asking us to put any questions we have for Rand in this thread. I think a separate thread for the questions makes perfect sense.

I would like to know if he would be interested in playing a soccer/polo game? Cyan vs Blue Bahros :) i think blue won the last set of games.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:47 am 

To everyone concerned ,

Please read Planetary's comment , Mouski , Planetary , Kaaja and I spoke on skype regarding the Palooza .. all we are trying to do is help nothing else . Michelle has always helped during the Cavecon and the Palooza is to help the cavecon and also for the Musicians of the Cavern to present their creations . Now Michelle got and answer from Cyan and communicated it here It is not to compete or overshine the Palooza it is part of Palooza and for Palooza .. As for the other interviews we did in the past the answer always comes to us when we do not expect it . We had spoken between ourselves in the Dmr about this possibility but that was way before Palooza .. the response came now and we communicated it to Kaaja .
Hence, she is the organizer on Uru , now if she does not want this or you find this is an improper time then we can definitely re-schedule . All was done with the best of intention and with no idea of competition in mind . Kaaja has therefore the opportunity to ask her questions to Rand as anyone here ...
The DMR on that day is doing nothing for its own , we are working for the palooza , as many of you .We bring what we can and the best we can for everyone to enjoy . Shorah to everyone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next