It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:44 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just a reminder that the Cavern Tours are tonight and we ask everyone to arrive at 21:00ki time in Ae'gura (The City) so we can get a head count on who going and some preparations. The actual tour will start at 22:00ki time.

for other times check this site out http://www.florestica.com/hpotd/timezones.html

The tours is to learn about each and every age history, why it was created, who owned it and small details you may have not noticed before.

I hope you can join us tonight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Another tour completed. Of course, this one also went south before it even began. r'Tayrtahn suffered a breakdown of his notebook computer and could not attend at all. Even worse, our gray hat Stone had to work overtime, and wasn't able to log in until just after I ended the official part.

So... We ended up linking one by one to Zeke's Relto to begin the tour, which took a lot of time. However, full credit goes to Zeke because he actually shared his Relto book well over 30 times without a single mistake. That's something I can't do with half that number -- I always accidentally link myself somewhere in the middle of it.

Then we found out that we couldn't go directly to a tour location, and everyone had to make their own way to it. At least it was a public Age, so it was possible. At the end of that lecture, Mirphak happened to log in right after waking up. He made it possible for us to go to another location with much less trouble. Later, he told me that we could have used Mir-o-Bot to go to our first two locations, but the commands for them were undocumented in the bot's help file. He's going to fix that.

After I ended the official tour because we were 10 minutes from the normal end, Stone was finally able to log in. A lot of the guests had left by then, but we decided to continue to the last location we'd planned for the tour since it would have been a shame for him to have rushed home just to say good night to us. I gave the (short) lecture for it while he was getting the initial set up done, and after transferring there, we allowed the guests to explore as he added more and more elements to the model.

Again, the tour was very well attended, and thanks to the patience of the guests, it could have been a lot worse. Thankfully, the first two locations Zeke had selected for the tour did not need a gray hat's help to set up, and we added a third on the fly.

The tour will be repeated on Saturday with Mirphak as the gray hat, and should go much smoother. So if you missed anything, you can join us then and catch up.

That's Saturday at 13:00 KI time, meeting in Tokotah Courtyard. The tour will be held in Mir-o-Bot's game, and the bot's KI number is 32319.

This KI Time Zone conversion chart should help you figure out what time that is locally.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:12 pm 

Where are we off to on saturday?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's always a repeat of Tuesday, but I'm not allowed to say outright. Zeke wants all of the tours to be a surprise, and changes the order we hold them in every year. You may have noticed that I leave any mention of the locations out of my reports.

That doesn't stop anyone who was there from letting the cat out of the bag, though.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:59 am 
Obduction Backer

larryf58 wrote:
That doesn't stop anyone who was there from letting the cat out of the bag, though.

With that in mind, my photos from Tuesday's tour are here. And the possessed :twisted: Hood of Illusions (that swallowed bridges whole, blocked me from approaching the Egg Room, and muffled my shouts for help) photos from the week before are here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Reminder: The Saturday tour is tomorrow, because... y'know... it'll be Saturday. (。◕‿‿◕。)

The group meets in Tokotah Courtyard, and the tour begins at 13:00 KI time. It's held in Mir-o-Bot's instance of the game. His KI number is 32319.

This KI Time Zone conversion chart should help you figure out what that is locally.

Except for you, Ainia. You can just look at your flippin' clock. (^_-)-☆
(I wanted to send a friend request on facebook, but all I saw was "follow". I found a way around it later today)

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:20 pm 

Larry is a great guy for putting up with my annoying questions : P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

The third tour of the season is tomorrow night. For me, that's just three days after the last one.
٩(⇀‸↼‶)۶

That's the joy of being the only member of the team that does both days of the tour.

The Saturday tour group gets the benefit of that; the questions and feedback I get from Tuesday goes into the Saturday version. Same for the interaction with the other team members. r'Tayrtahn is a better speaker than I am, so I unashamedly rip off his ideas for my own lectures; I'm the Borg of tour guides!

Oh yeah, this is supposed to be an announcement.

The tour group leaves Tokotah Courtyard around 22:00 KI time, so you should show up before then. The tour is held in the Hood of Illusions; we meet in the Courtyard because Stone has to log in and make the neighborhood public before we can go there.

Go here for details and a link to the KI time zone conversion chart.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Cavern tours are tonight and it is recommend that everyone arrive at 21:00ki time in Ae'gura (the City) Tokotah Courtyard before 22:00ki time because we leave around 22:00 KI time for the tour and to help give you preparations before the tour.
The tours are to give some history of all the ages we explore.

for other ki times check this site out http://www.florestica.com/hpotd/timezones.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:55 am 
Obduction Backer

Tours are canceled for tonight we will keep you posted.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:52 am 
Obduction Backer

For now, the plan is to reschedule the tour for either Thursday or Friday, depending on input from Stone. It'll be held at the same hour. We'll let you know which day when we hear from him.

The server problems we had tonight kept the number of people logging in down to only about a third of the group we expected. Since the tour we were going to hold is an important one that people would not want to miss, it's better this way.

Not that it makes it feel better. A number of people stayed up late or got up very early in the morning to show up. Thank you! I'm truly sorry it worked out the way it did, even if it was beyond our control.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Latest update. The storm in the Spokane area was one of the worst in the State's history, and there is so much severe damage and so many downed trees that the power companies are hard pressed to even figure out where they should begin. There are no estimates yet, but guesses have been made that some areas could be without electricity for up to five days.

Cyan's servers are still working on a hit-or-miss basis; some people can log in, but many cannot, and it seems to be worse for operating systems newer than Windows XP for whatever reason. Cyan is posting occasional updates in this topic: 11/17/15 MOULA down again?.

For the Cavern Tours, it means that until we can all log in reliably, we'll have to delay the third tour. We will keep checking the server status.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:33 am 

Thanks Larry! Chum here. I am using windows 10...cant log in

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:08 am 
Obduction Backer

With Cyan getting their electricity back and the game working again as of about 18:00 KI time, I've sent email to the others in the Tuesday night Cavern Tour crew to see when we will resume the schedule. Keep an eye on this topic to see what day and time it'll be; it could be as early as tomorrow night if everyone can make it.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

okay after a long delay and with servers back online it time to announce some changes we will be doing to the Cavern Tours.

The Cavern Tours will be temporarily moved to Friday nights instead of Tuesday nights for right now and we will be holding at the same time as usual. It is recommended that everyone arrive at ae'gura (The City) at the top of the great stairs around 21:00ki time because will be leaving from there at 22:00ki time and to give you some preparations as well.

Now this does not mean that there wont be sat. tour either, but let me point this out before you go making your mind on just going to saturday tour. Tonight tour has a different team than than Saturday's so you get different experience from both of them

so be sure to join us tonight with r'aty, larry Leday, stone, and zeke365

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next