It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:24 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:52 pm 

Tweek are these ages already made or have you had to remake and are there puzzles etc?

Post subject: Re: Mysterium 2014
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:10 pm 

janaba1 wrote:
Ahhh, and as we're already at it resp. at her, our Ainia, I just see that Calumon has begun uploading 'Ainia's Cleft Research' presentation to his YouTube channel, you can already watch 3 of 5 parts if you like here ... Enjoy, and thanks Calu ... :D

Ah, I was going to post about that once I'd finished uploading the cleft stuff... But I'd run out of usable time last night (sleepy time for caluuuu) and then this morning I had a broken key (now fixed). >_<

The last two segments should go up today, plus whatever else I can fit into today's schedule.

@Tweek: KHALO. Oh My GLOB it's FULL OF BONES!!! *squeals in excitement*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:00 pm 

A badge system to tell people you don't want people talking to you? Seriously?
I can't think of anything more anti-social and insulting. You go to a convention where members of the Myst community have travelled from across America, and in some cases the world ... and you set your badge to Red because you don't want to talk to people? Why not just stay at home?

I volunteer at conventions here in the UK, and I have had people come up to me and talk to me and I have no idea who they are, but they know of me. I have seen people shown respect and left alone. We didn't need any social badge system.

Do yourselves a favour, scrap the idea.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:12 pm 

What he said

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:01 pm 

And for whatever reason YouTube decided to not like the file type of the final fifth of the Cleft Presentation and won't process it... So I've got to re-render it entirely in a different format, I guess? >_<;

On the Badge System- it's about how free you are to talk, emotionally and physically. I'm not going to go into this in detail because I know I can't do the system justice (plus there's stuff about it on the Sunday wrap up footage), but setting your card to red means just about the same as setting your Skype status to "Do Not Disturb."

You can't judge it unless you've experienced it first hand, and everyone there reacted positively to the badge system. It's a great system and I, like many others, hope it gets adopted by conventions internationally.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alien wrote:
I can't think of anything more anti-social and insulting. You go to a convention where members of the Myst community have travelled from across America, and in some cases the world ... and you set your badge to Red because you don't want to talk to people? Why not just stay at home?

I volunteer at conventions here in the UK, and I have had people come up to me and talk to me and I have no idea who they are, but they know of me. I have seen people shown respect and left alone. We didn't need any social badge system.

I liked the idea of the badges myself, as someone with social anxiety issues they would be perfect for me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:14 pm 

Tweek wrote:
Alien wrote:

I liked the idea of the badges myself, as someone with social anxiety issues they would be perfect for me.

The trick is to bring someone you know along with you. The first one I went to in Minneapolis, I was kind of quiet as the only person I actually really knew there was OHB and I didn't bump into him until just before I had to go.

Second one in Boston went better as it was a smaller group at the beginning, then later I had AgeExplorer to hang around with. :P

But yeah, as far as the badges, to each their own. Someone may just be there for the sights and presentations but might be a wee bit shy. It happens.

EDIT: Tai's post after mine? Very well put! :D

Last edited by Doobes2 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Alien wrote:
I can't think of anything more anti-social
If you knew someone with Asperger's, you might applaud the idea. People with Asperger's are generally highly intelligent, so they're often drawn to intelligent puzzle games like Myst & Uru, and are in our community. They should be able to pursue their fan interest by attending Mysterium without fear of being overwhelmed by well-intentioned strangers.

Think of it like providing handicap parking for someone who's physically challenged.

Post subject: Re: Mysterium 2014
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:23 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
Alien wrote:
I can't think of anything more anti-social
If you knew someone with Asperger's, you might applaud the idea. People with Asperger's are generally highly intelligent, so they're often drawn to intelligent puzzle games like Myst & Uru, and are in our community. They should be able to pursue their fan interest by attending Mysterium without fear of being overwhelmed by well-intentioned strangers.

Think of it like providing handicap parking for someone who's physically challenged.

Thanks, Tai, you said it better than I could, I think.

Update on 5/5 of the Cleft research videos, I've 'reformatted' it and am in the process of uploading it (80% W00T!) to Youtube again. Let's hope it sticks this time. T_T

EDIT: Not wasting a new post on this. I completely made a new file and YouTube still refused to publish it. So I'm concluding that it's THEIR problem and not Mine. SOOOO... I'm just going to wait and see if YouTube fixes itself. :/

Last edited by Calumon on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:28 pm 

Quote:

I never looked at it that way

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:57 pm 

Youtube is behaving now. I've got 5/5 of Ainia's cleft presentation AND Manhole Madness uploaded...!

And now I'm out of time to do much else for another few hours. WWAD video(s?) is probably going up tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:57 pm 

Don't really wanna double post, but for those curious, the What Would Atrus Do video is up, plus the Pre-cyan stuff at the Hotel.

I'll probably get the Cyan videos started uploading tonight or tomorrow, depending on how things work out with editing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Big thanks again to all those uploading pictures, videos, or just impressions! :)

Who is the neat girly looking Gehn? Is that Rchan?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Yeah that's Chan.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

:lol: Nice! With the wig, the costume, and the lack of glasses I wasn't sure..
Great work she did on the costume and the props BTW. That's a very original version of Gehn.. :D

Maybe to return the favor next year someone should make a male version of Catherine.... :shock:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next