It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:32 pm 

Lost Avatars - Deliberate or Inadvertently :shock:
Many long standing MOUL explorers with the more than usual vested interest in MOUL might discover to find their long standing avatar name loss a difficult pill to swallow.

I lost my own long standing alter-ego avatar Zane, I had ever since beta Gametap MOUL and I admit I'm struggling somewhat to getting back into MOUL,again again spirit! I wondered how many other explorers may have also lost theirs?

I thought maybe some cavern event to address this new issue might be worth doing.
Although I'm at a loss to know just how something like this would be organized and done.
Concerns with the need for such an event being done and conducted in a positive productive forum.
Maybe something like the Cavern Avatar give-back event. Yes I realize it would only work with avatars taken unknowingly by another, but it could also help ID those with avatars they knew belonged to others. And that would help those dealing with this easier to make a decision about.
Obviously I don't know the technical difficulties involved with isolating a particular avatar name & account to delete it for the original owner to reclaim or if so is even possible. So I'll start a technical thread to see.

No way of knowing if my avatar loss was meant as a mean :evil: spiritedness deliberate act to keep his use from me or just some inadvertent happenstance of coincidence. Obviously my true concern is how he might be misused. Any suggestions? :?: And so in part why I'm posting about it.

Jahmen KI# 170088

Last edited by Jahmen on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:47 pm 

Hi Jahmen,

Obviously if someone took your avatar, you can reclaim it back.

See this post on how to reclaim it: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27443

Your accounts are not lost at all. All the accounts were saved from the wipe. You can use them back, create new ones, or let some old accounts die (not using them).

:)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

There’s also the chance that someone else, new to MOUL, could claim a long standing avatar name from elsewhere. And sorry to say this, but “Zane” is not a particularly unique nickname.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:47 am 

korovev wrote:
There’s also the chance that someone else, new to MOUL, could claim a long standing avatar name from elsewhere. And sorry to say this, but “Zane” is not a particularly unique nickname.

Which would underscore why I posted inadvertently taken in the thread header.