It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:51 pm 

I hope it's ok to post this event here. I'm actually going to post the quote from Mystler from the TOC forum. We played this tournament a few years ago and it was a blast. I didn't have too many problems crashing so hopefully it will work well today. We will be meeting in the Contest Hood at 12:30 KI time. I didn't see many signed up for the tournament so I thought I would put a plug in here. Hope everyone can make it!!

"3rd TOC Wall Tournament

Postby Mystler » Sat 1. Nov 2014, 20:33
The day of the contest is decided. On Saturday, November 22nd, the next Wall tournament will take place.
Once again, we are eager to see who will be able to beat the wall and stand up to their opponent.
If you believe that you can compete in the tournament, go to our event registration page and participate.

Important Information
Registration: http://the-open-cave.net/index.php/events/current-event
Live-Brackets: http://challonge.com/tocwall3
Date: November 22, 2014
Meeting: Contest Hood, 20:30 CET (UTC+1), 12:30 KI
Begin of the Tournament: 21:00 CET(UTC+1), 13:00 KI

Rules

We will play in the Contest Hood Gahreesen that can be reached via the linking book on the pedestal behind the Nexus book.
We will prepare the game for you, so all you have to do is to set your blockers. After both players went through the tube, an automated countdown will start. Please wait in front of the ladder until countdown says "GO".
Depending on how many players sign up, we will either play Double Elimination (8 or less players) or Single Elimination (more than 8 players).
We play with 15 blockers.
Each game (except the final) has a 10 minute time limit. If no player can reach the top until the time expires, the game will be repeated with 5 less blockers.
If you completely block off the path to the top, you will be disqualified.
If you are using bugs (e.g. climbing outside the blocker area), you will be disqualified.

Please note:

The yellow seat has a strange collision and you might have to jump after standing up.

------

Der Tag des Wettkampfes steht nun fest. Am Samstag, den 22. November, ist das nächste Wall-Tunier geplant.
Wir sind auch diesesmal gespannt, wer von euch die Wall bezwingen kann und seinem Kontrahenten die Stirn zeigen kann.
Wer meint, der Wall das Wasser reichen zu können, kann sich gerne in die Anmeldeliste eintragen und mit zu machen.

Wichtige Informationen
Anmeldung: http://the-open-cave.net/index.php/events/current-event
Live-Spielplan: http://challonge.com/tocwall3
Datum: 22. November 2014
Treffpunkt: Contest Hood, 20:30 MEZ (UTC+1), 12:30 KI
Beginn des Turniers: 21:00 MEZ (UTC+1), 13:00 KI

Regeln

Wir spielen im Gahreesen der Contest Hood, welches über das Linkbuch auf dem Podest hinter dem Nexusbuch erreicht werden kann.
Wir bereiten die Spiele für euch vor, sodass ihr nur eure Blocker setzen müsst. Nachdem beide Spieler durch das Rohr gegangen sind, started ein automatischer Countdown. Bitte wartet vor der Leiter bis dieser "GO" sagt.
Je nachdem wie viele Spieler sich anmelden, spielen wir entweder Doppel-K.O. (8 oder weniger Spieler) oder Einzelausscheidung (mehr als 8 Spieler).
Wir spielen mit 15 Blockern.
Jedes Spiel (außer dem Finale) hat ein 10-Minuten Limit. Wenn innerhalb dieser Zeit kein Spieler das Ziel erreicht, wird das Spiel mit 5 Blockern weniger wiederholt.
Auf komplette Absperrung des Ziels folgt Disqualifizierung.
Auf Ausnutzung von Bugs (z.B. Klettern außerhalb des Blocker-Bereis) folgt ebenfalls Disqualifizierung.

Hinweis:

Der gelbe Sitzplatz hat eine merkwürdige Kollision und ihr müsst eventuell nach dem Aufstehen springen."