It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Friday Night Dance Party
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:21 pm 

I, along with help from spatailkay, have been providing a dance party in Kirel since mid January. We have been having this party every Friday. I think it is time we made two adjustments. One, we will be having the Party every other Friday beginning on Feb 27, 2015. Two, we have adjusted the time so that music will begin at 1600 KI time. If you have a request for music you would like to hear, let me know anytime, and I will try to accommodate you. The very best time is at the Dance. My one goal is to please you, the dancing audience! In the future, we may make changes in order to get the maximum number of people on the Dance Floor! Please post here if you have any other suggestions on how we might improve this event! Thank you, and see you at the Dance! :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:40 pm 

We just finished the latest Dance Party! What a turnout! 25 people from 7 different countries. It went on for an hour extra!

Here is a pic I took during the Dance:

Left to right: krystal, Janeerah, Choupette, Aki, and Jet Blast.

The next Dance is scheduled for Friday, March 13th at 1600 KI time. Hope you can make it!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:07 am 

We just finished up another great Friday Night Dance Party. The thing I learned tonight is you can't plan how long people will want to stay and dance! Given the global appeal of this game, time zones can present a problem with an event such as this. So in the future, the Dance will not go two hours, as originally planned, but will go until you decide when it should end! Tonight's Dance lasted 4 hours.

Above are Jet Blast and Choupette from France. They were the last to leave!!! My good friend and music lover is zia in the background. :D :D :D :D

Our next Dance Party is scheduled on March 27, 2015 at 1600 KI time. Please try to tune in one hour early. Some great listening rock n roll!

Hope you can be there!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:53 pm 

Last night was a lot of fun. There were a few people I had not met before who had come back to the game after a long absence. Winterwind, and JennytheFlutist I remember.

Below is our bi-weekly picture taken during the Dance.

From left to right: Aki; Janeerah; Piri 919 (not positive!); enders (pops); TigerLillie; and barely visible is JennytheFlutist!

Our next Dance Party will be on April 10, 2015, 1600 KI time, with a one hour warm-up! Hope to see you then...

Patricio.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:16 am 

Another great Dance Party! Many lasted for 3+hours. Towards the end, there were about 12 dancers, and no one was text chatting! Only hard core dancers were in Kirel!

I decided to get up on the stairway to take a group picture. I'm not sure who all is there...

Our next party will be on 24 Apr 15 at the usual time of 1600 KI time. However, the location will be totally new! Takohta Rooftop! Stay tuned for further directions on how we'll do this. Janeerah will have the Bot ready for linking! Should be a blast...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:52 am 

Sorry I missed it. Couldn't get on earlier in the East and I'd like to meet the current batch of players. Glad you had fun. See you next time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:07 am 

Here is the update, as promised, on our next Dance Party:

On Friday, April 24th, we will be having our Dance Party on the Takotah Rooftop!! It will start at 1600 KI time, with pre-dance festivities beginning at 1500 KI time.

To get to the Dance, select Magic-Bot (KI #27527) to make him a buddy, click on it, and type in "to dakohta" (without the quotes).

We use to do this years ago (I'm told), and I can't wait to see how it turns out! Hope you can make it!

Patricio

Last edited by Patricio on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:35 pm 

Patricio wrote:
We use to do this years ago (I'm told)...

Yes, we did. Starting in the Until Uru days (December, 2005) and alternating with Donahoo's D'ni Happy Hour. No other place is like the Rooftop. When we lost easy access to the Rooftop in the Gametap era, there were some other places tried but nothing quite clicked.

There are no extant records of the earliest parties, as they were all posted to forums that have disappeared (Tapestry, Great Tree Shard, Uru Obsession, Slackers). There are some images floating around, and the Guild of Greeters forum has some records from the D'mala era.

I hope the 'bot comes through to make this work.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:15 am 

Just finished with our 9th Dance Party! This one was on the Takotah Rooftop. Very cool. We went on for about 3hrs. of dancing with an hour of post dance music. I would like to thank the following people for helping me with logistics, and the arrangement of the music: Janeerah, spatialkay, Deirdre, and last but not least, zia. She spent some hours helping me with the presentation...thanks zia.

Here is a portion of the group that was there tonight:

From left to right: Elvis, Zeke, dreammaster, Snickuster, enders, two people I don't know, and spatialkay. We will not visit this location again until June 19, 2015, but will be back at in Kirel in two weeks! May 8, 2015. Hope to see you then!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:18 am 

*bump* This Friday we'll try out something new and a bit different...

Patricio will start his usual pre-show early! Some time aboutish 13:00 KI Time.
Between 14:00 to 16:00 KI Time we'll do a Music Trivia Quiz! I've put together
a playlist for the first hour, all tracks are covers.

It's for all of YOU to figure out the artist, group or the songs titles. And how they
connect together and add additional trivia to them. A bit of a guessing game. No
prizes, but a few surprises, perhaps. The second hour is just for fun, and with
same or original artists etc.

We'll be in the City for this and you all are most welcome to join in when you can!
And Patricio will run his Friday Dance Party as usual between 16:00 to 18:00!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:26 am 

Another great Friday Night Dance Party! Started slowly and then people kept coming in. Got up to about 15 tonight. As usual, here's a photo I took:

Left to right: Jet Blast, Tiger Lillie, zia, Snickuster, Mary Ann (tiny) and spatialkay. Hope I got the order right!

Our next Dance will be on 22 May 15 in the same time, same place, Kirel.

I'm thinking of holding a Dance in K'veer sometime. It is a "closed" age, meaning you have to have made it that far in the game to have it available in your KI. Some folks could be prohibited from attending because of that. Good idea, or bad idea? All of the "core" dancers could attend. Please post your comments here.....thanks.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:53 am 

Well tonight was another special night. We spent 1-1/2hrs. in Kirel, and then another 1-1/2hrs. in K'veer! The first 1/2 of the night was in Kirel, like I said. Here is the shot I took:

I may not get this right, but let me try: Max, 8rus, Snickuster, ELVIS, Salutations, zia, and maggie696. Last but certainly not least....spatialkay....the best!

And now the shot for our second portion of the dance:

Now this one will be harder: Aki, Real Old Timer, and Sah are in the front. I think Deirdre and zia are in the second row. After that, I'm just not sure. The point of this picture is to give you a taste of where we will be in two weeks! I will add more in another post later this week. It will include an announcement by Max for another Music Trivia Night, along with our Friday Night Dance Party....both in K'veer! It should be one heck of a night! I would like many, many folks to show up. It will be on June 5th. Starting at 1400 KI time. I'm gonna promote the heck out of this one!!! So thanks for reading all this, and do try and make it! Thank you very much. Patricio.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:57 pm 

Like Patricio mentions above... June 5th is a sort of a Double-Treat!

We've started doing Music Quiz's on Fridays, prior to Patricio's Dance Parties.
The Quiz starts at 14:00 KI Time and Quiz run time is approx. 60 to 90 min.
All done just for fun!

Each Quiz has a theme & a set of songs played around that theme. It's for you
to figure out the Artist or the Group and song Title etc. The Next planned
Music Trivia Quiz is Friday June 5th. 14:00 to 16:00 KI Time or thereabouts

Join in if or when you can!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:51 am 

We had another well attended Dance Party tonight, with about 15 people. Here is the picture I took towards the end....

The Dancers are, left to right: Aki, Maggie, spatialkay, Ezriilc, Janeerah, and zia.

Our next Dance Party is scheduled for Friday, June 19th at 1600 KI time. We will be going back to Takotah Rooftop! Hope you can make it!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:10 am 

Here's the Track List from the Music Trivia Quiz Friday June 5th...
Noted from what CD, year of the original song and if it was a day or month..
Code:
pre. intro1. Eight Days a Week / The Beatles [Beatles For Sale / remastered / 1964]
pre. intro 2. Friday Night / Lily Allen [Alright, Still / 2006]  = Friday
---
1. Thursday's Child / David Bowie [Hours / 1999] = Thursday
2. Lazing On a Sunday Afternoon / Queen [A Night at the Opera / 1975 ] = Sunday
3. Ruby Tuesday / Rolling Stones [Forty Licks / 2002 / 1967] = Tuesday
4. Friday On My Mind / David Bowie [Pin Ups 1973 (The Easybeats 1966)] = Friday
5. New Years Day / U2 [War 1983] = January (1st)
6. Blue Monday / New Order [Factory Records: Communication 2008 / 1983] = Monday
7. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite / The Beatles [Sgt. Pepper... / remastered /1967] = Saturday
8. Wake Me Up When September Ends / Green Day [American Idiot / 2004] = September
9. See You at the Show / Nickelback [The Long Road / 2011] = Sunday, Saturday, Thursday, Birthday
10. Friday I'm In Love / The Cure [Greatest Hits / 2001 / 1992] = Friday
11. Saturday Night / Suede [The Best of Suede 2010 / 1996] = Saturday
12. Pride (In the Name of Love) / U2 [Best 1980 to 1990 / 1984] = April (4th)
13. Glory Days / Bruce Springsteen [Essential Collection / Born in the U.S.A. 1984, single 1985] = Friday
14. Every Day Is Like Sunday / Morrissey [Greatest Hits / 2008 / 1988] = Sunday
15. Almost Saturday Night / John Fogerty [The Long Road Home / 2005 / 1975]
= Saturday & last track of the Quiz
---
extra to wrap it all up: Days / David Bowie [Reality / 2003]