It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:01 am 

I regret to inform you that the International Hood will be closing.

The Hood will be closing on February 5th, 2017.

I have multiple reasons for closing the hood:
    1) The hood has not had many visitors, therefore the hood is not serving it's purpose of helping players find others who speak their language.
    2) Cyan has closed registration, which has cut off newbies from joining. Therefore, the hood isn't directing anyone anywhere.
    3) I have not had the time to run the hood, nor host an event.
    4) We already have hoods dedicated to almost every language, and those players reach out very quickly, and are in no need of help directing new players to their hoods.
    5) The hood is not being utilized very much, because people are using their hoods to host events. And that's ok, it just means there is not a use for this hood.
    6) "International" parties don't have to have a specific hood. All parties that are hosted on MOULa always involve everyone, therefore, no party has to specifically be called an "International" party.

Just because the hood is closing does NOT mean I will not be hosting parties. There is currently a party in planning, that will happen (eventually, when I have time). It is almost completely planned out, so it will happen.

I do ask, if you have an avie that is currently a member of this hood, that you would consider relocating to a new hood.

I want to thank everyone who has helped and supported the International Hood. It was fun while it lasted. Parties will still continue to happen, and I will always be around as Snickuster.

I hope you understand and support my decision for closing the hood.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to message my main avie: KI# 2996132

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Understood. To be honest, this is one reason we did not create a hood for Radio Free D'ni, and just play on the plaza. Seems the best way to both gather a crowd and to catch any interest from passers-by.

I hope that Cyan will open registration again soon. It really does close off the influx of new blood, which every living game needs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:02 pm 

:cry: The International Hood has had a long and wonderful history ran by some even more wonderful Explorer Leaders, always sad to see anything you cherish leave. Thank you so much Snick you gave it your all in fact you gave 110%. Closing or making the Hood is up to you but no need to delete it who knows someone may ask if they could take change of it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:58 am 

Ro'Jethhe wrote:
Closing or making the Hood is up to you but no need to delete it who knows someone may ask if they could take change of it.

If someone would like to step up before February 5th, they may gladly have the hood. But, as I have said before, there are many hoods that represent this one hood, therefore making it unnecessarily. In the future, if we need the hood, we can always re-create it.

After all, you've got "Lnternational."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:20 pm 

This is just a friendly reminder that if you have an avie in the hood, the hood will be deleted in 5 days. Please consider moving to a new hood if you have not already.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am not aware of any way to delete a hood. Is there one? It just becomes inaccessible if it’s private and you are the last member to leave, but if there are any other members they stay members and keep access, no matter what you do. You can ask them politely to leave the hood or to refrain from making it public again, but I don’t think there is a way to boot them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I presume you mean that you will be deleting the avatar that bears the name of the hood and was used to create it; that won't actually affect the hood. Any avatar that joins a hood automatically becomes one of the owners, so it will remain available to any members left in the hood.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:03 pm 

Oh? I did not know that. I heard that if I delete the avatar, that the hood goes too. Thank you for the clarification! I appreciate it! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:34 pm 

I will keep my avatar in the Hood, Snick :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:48 am 

Sounds good, Kay! You're welcome to take over it if you'd like :lol: