It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am honored to have been asked to conduct part of this year's Opening Day Celebrations again. I'll be part of other GoH events as well. Thank you Janeerah and TrapperDave for getting the ball rolling this year :)

See Trapper Dave's thread for some general Anniversary Info

Schedule (as it takes shape)

(As of: January 25, 2017)

7th Anniversary Opening Day Welcome:
Saturday, February 4th, 2017
Live Broadcast: 11:00 KI to 12:30 KI

Dancing/Shard Scattering: 12:30 KI to 13:00 in MOULa. (See Tai'lahr's thread on Shard Scattering during MOULa Anniversary Events)
(Broadcast of celebratory music will continue until 14:00 for shard/OOC listeners or until new D'niJ broadcast begins, whichever comes first.)

(The AGM begins at 13:00 in MOULa)
Another Opening Day event begins after the AGM

During the week:

Explorer Memorial:
Tuesday, Feb 7, 2017
11:30 KI Time and 18:00 KI Time
Location (Shard-Wide, Cavern-wide City Memorials, Khalo Pubs)

This event will also be inclusive of explorers in other shards and across the Metaverse, akin to a shard scatter.

Edit: RL prevents me from hosting additional events - possibly in the future :)
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Healing (in) the Cavern (&) Community
or
Compassion & Caring Assembly (GoH Delin)
or
Maybe a MOULawakening event? (/me looks around for LC and heads to the GoH Hood to see if her message to Phyllis Xylem has yielded any results.) MOULaWakening 2014

edit: (removed)

My thoughts:

The Opening Ceremony was traditionally a two-hour event on the Saturday that began the Anniversary. Since the first Anniversary event, an Explorer Memorial has been part of the Opening Ceremony. This was to honor explorers who had passed away between the closing and reopening of the Cavern. In subsequent years, it was also to honor those who had passed away during the previous year.

This year, I would like to hold the Memorial at a time during the days of the Anniversary, but not as part of the Opening Ceremony. And the Opening Ceremony has turned into an Opening Day Celebration, with lots of events already taking place. :)

So I'd like to do something for the Opening Day Celebration that is about the Welcome (for new and returning explorers), showcase explorer accomplishments (across the shards) and celebrate the fact we are still a community even as we have moved outward across the metaverse.

In addition, this will allow me to hold a Memorial as a representative of the Guild of Healers and the Opening Day Welcome event as one of many Opening Day hosts. I love doing this event, and others might love doing it as well.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Last edited by ghaelen on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:13 am, edited 13 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Summary, Agendas for Opening Day Welcome, and Guild of Healer events. Please post your thoughts or requests below. I would like to hold a Memorial; other GoH events can happen as time allows.

Opening Day Welcome Details
General Welcome and Cavern info
IC history of disasters in the Cavern and our rebuilding efforts (Closings and Openings)
What explorers have been doing, accomplishments, donation call
Welcome of new and returning explorers (reading of messages)
Dance music, more messages, announcement of upcoming events
Continued music, shard scattering

Call for Explorer Messages during Opening Day Welcome, Memorial, and other GoH events
If there is interest, I'd like to broadcast recorded messages from explorers in one shard to other shards (or across the Metaverse). These messages help new explorers or OOC listeners feel included in our celebration. Chances are, some explorers aren't able to get into any Cavern so they're on the surface or in other virtual worlds.)

Best scenario - send me a short message prior to the celebrations. Forum PM or email, KIMail, SL Notecard, FB message, G+ IM, etc if you want me to read out your message during the broadcast. The more I have before the celebration begins, the more I'll be able to read out. You can also pre-record your message. Contact me for ways to send it.

I'll also be on a chat somewhere to read messages as they come in live. That's always fun (and nerve wracking).

GoH Events during the Anniversary Week

Explorer Memorial Details

Tuesday, February 7 (see OP schedule)

This memorial celebrates the community as a whole and also those who have passed on. It is usually rather emotional and yet brings us together. This is a time for remembering passed explorers and for sending positive healing vibes to those who might need them now.

It is normally held in the city, in the Khalo Pub. Only 50 people can meet together in the city, which has always been an issue. So the broadcast will expand in description and welcome so that you can gather in any pub instance, in another virtual world, or listen in RL. We're all together via the airwaves and chat, so join us in whatever way you can.

Last edited by ghaelen on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

@ Ghaelen
We are honored to have you ! I am looking forward to all your wonderful presentations as I am sure all are :) Welcome home to the cavern !
Thank You

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you, TD :)

Updated the OP with the Explorer Memorial date, times

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think all GoH events scheduled to-date have now been finalized. If other GoH members decide to host events, I'll add them to the OP schedule.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Dancing is happening as I type, and the Welcome begins in about 30 minutes. See you all in the Watchers' Pub. :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alternate music url: http://aegura.harriman4.com:8024/ghaelen.mp3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Explorer Memorial on Tuesday will have two main segments. The first, lasting about 40 minutes, will be a remembrance of explorers who have passed away. There are a few new names on the Pub Memorial since our last memorial. :(

These are the names that I have:
(edit: corrected name errors)

Cindy Farrar ... Jim "Dust'ei" Rhodes ... Janet "Pehpsee" Burress ...
James "Aquila" Carpenter, ... Ramsine ... JDrake ...
Maureen "Mo'zie" Jannot ... Katzi ... Josef Riedl …
CAGrayWolf ... Len "Flyboy" Mumbower ... Jahuti ...
Gandhar ... Richard "ShadowCats" Bader ... Myst'Aken ...
Virginia "Terra" Cinova ... Perlenstern ... Sil-Oh-Wet …
William “Oldmanjob” Meir … Mark “Zardoz” Plummer … Ron Hayter …
Jeannie “jmb30321” Barcus … Kees “Grassie73” Grasshoff …

(DRC children) Rosette Taylor … Willow "Wheely" Engberg ...

If someone in your life has passed away, there will be time to remember them as well.

-------------------
The second segment (about 20 minutes) will be a time for all of us to send our healing thoughts and prayers to friends or family (or ourselves) in difficult situations of any kind. I'll invite people wherever they are to mention that situation in chat if they wish to do so. It isn't necessary to say anything, and please don't mention names in case they don't want it to be public. The exception is our dear RAWA, who has allowed us to follow his healing path with humor, honesty, love and camaraderie.

Remember that we'll meet twice on Tuesday in the Kahlo Pub -
11:30 KI time and again at 18:00 KI time.

I understand the loyal and true Mir-o-bot will help you make your way to the Kahlo Pub if you're in MOULa and your Nexus link won't activate properly (IC for 'City is Full'). KI#32319 type a PM to Mir-o-bot "to city" and he will get you there :) (I think I have those instructions correct)

Music stream on UruTunes and here for music players: http://aegura.harriman4.com:8024/ghaelen.mp3

Last edited by ghaelen on Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:40 pm 

I seem to miss Deirdre's name. Unless I'm mistaken, she passed away mid 2015.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:06 pm 

cpt-jericho wrote:
I seem to miss Deirdre's name. Unless I'm mistaken, she passed away mid 2015.

For some reason, Cyan added her name to the Memorial, then removed it. I was going to mention her as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
ghaelen wrote:
Janet "Pehpsi" Burress ...
Kirsten “Mo'zie” Jannot ...

Hi Ghaelen, a long standing error on the memorial was recently corrected: Janet "Pehpsi" Burress is now correctly listed as Janet "Pehpsee" Burress. Also, there is no Kirsten that I know of; I think you meant to write Maureen "Mo'zie" Jannot. An up-to-date list of all the names currently on the memorial is maintained on the Explorers Memorial wiki page.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
ghaelen wrote:
Janet "Pehpsi" Burress ...
Kirsten “Mo'zie” Jannot ...

Hi Ghaelen, a long standing error on the memorial was recently corrected: Janet "Pehpsi" Burress is now correctly listed as Janet "Pehpsee" Burress. Also, there is no Kirsten that I know of; I think you meant to write Maureen "Mo'zie" Jannot. An up-to-date list of all the names currently on the memorial is maintained on the Explorers Memorial wiki page.

Sorry I didn't see this, and thanks Tai - correcting it now. I think I can overdub it on the recording.

Thanks to everyone who came and made the Memorial a very special time. I'll have a recording playing at regular intervals on the KRHI/KGOH 24/7 station by this weekend.