It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:27 am 

Wish I had seen this sooner...Ah well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:53 pm 

Nev'yn wrote:
Wish I had seen this sooner...Ah well.

There's still time to join! We're looking for a way someone can stream everyone's tracks on the same stream. If we can do that, and you can't be here, they can still stream your tracks for you. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:33 pm 

Time slots have been added. This is currently a quick rundown of what's open, who's playing, and what they're playing. A cleaner version will be added later.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:17 am 
Obduction Backer

@ Lord Chaos ... Hi :) Glad you are informing Ktahdn & Donahoo. Most all the old DJ's are in second life easy to reach there :)
A Notecard & Notice out to all the D'ni Refugees is in order. A copy of Snickuster's post here and a link to this thread. This will reach out to 788 peeps in SL.
But need to inform them where & whom to send their tunes to? Will wait to clarify this ?
And it sure sounds terrific that even if they do not have a cavern account they can still get a slot and participate. Since arrangements being made to play their tunes without them having to be present :)
Sounds like a great event shaping up !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:25 pm 

I can do the 13.00-13.30 Slot concentrating on Games Music - with a mix from ALL the 'Music from the Ages' shows that I have done so far. :-D

Quite a few of us would prefer to use our own streams as this gives us more control over any on the fly changes that we need to make and uses UruTunes.com the way it was intended. :-)

BUT I would suggest that each of the participating DJ's do at least a 15min Pre-Show run so that people do not get a dead stream when switching from one to another.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:55 pm 

karel wrote:
Quite a few of us would prefer to use our own streams as this gives us more control over any on the fly changes that we need to make and uses UruTunes.com the way it was intended. :-)

BUT I would suggest that each of the participating DJ's do at least a 15min Pre-Show run so that people do not get a dead stream when switching from one to another.

You make a very good point, Karel. Thank you for bringing this up! We will definitely consider this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

In the event that we don't find someone to host the show, or relay the individual streams, then this will be a good idea. And time is running out for that selfless volunteer to step up to the mark :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:35 pm 

[cough]... Well. I suppose, at a 'worst case scenario' I could try to be that host...
Or what ever we choose to call it. Collecting the tracks etc... But it should for sure
feel more comforting to know if there were two of us! Say do 3 hours sessions each,
if we get that many participants... And one extra in the background, as a back-up
just in case something goes awry.

Anyways. We'd also need to pan out how to solve if peeps want to chat! Would the
in-game 'voice-chat' be sufficient? Or are there any better suited easy-to-use tools
out there?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:51 am 

m.a.x.2.0 wrote:
[cough]... Well. I suppose, at a 'worst case scenario' I could try to be that host...

Max, you ARE going to be our worst case scenario. :lol:

m.a.x.2.0 wrote:
But it should for sure feel more comforting to know if there were two of us! Say do 3 hours sessions each,
if we get that many participants?

It would be great if we could have an American do the evening, if possible. If you look at the time slot chart, it's starting to fill up. Not to mention the two or three who haven't given me a specified time, or are open to whenever.

m.a.x.2.0 wrote:
[cough]Anyways. We'd also need to pan out how to solve if peeps want to chat! Would the in-game 'voice-chat' be sufficient? Or are there any better suited easy-to-use tools
out there?

Lastly, this is one of the main concerns right now. I know Alan and Mal both are interested in chatting, and I really don't want to take that away from them. Not being so music/tech savoy here, I would love to hear a suggestion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:09 am 
Obduction Backer

Lord Chaos wrote:
I will also pass on the news to Donahoo, who was the first D'niJ to have a regular broadcast in the Cavern, with her D'ni Happy Hour. There were others broadcasting sporadically--Tehl Nava and Eirerogue come to mind--but Dona started the weekly Happy Hour in late 2004 or early 2005. The past lives on in memory only; the event started on the Tapestry Shard and was advertised through its forum, which is long gone.

Sorry, I won't be able to participate in this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Individual D'niJ's can talk over their own shows if they host it themselves, which is what I'm planning to do unless someone with Teamspeak, a couple of PC's and an external mixer volunteers to engineer the show. That's the minimum hardware needed, as far as I know, to mix in Teamspeak (for the D'niJ's voices) and music tracks. This also requires the various D'niJ's to send their tracks to the engineer beforehand, plus a tracklist showing playing order and some agreement as to how they will co-operate to present the show. That's how we do it at RFD, at any rate.

If someone can't broadcast their tracks themselves, then someone else can do so on their behalf, and even read out commentary if some is provided as a script. All you need for that is DJ software (we use Mixxx) and an internet radio provider to broadcast through. I can probably do some of that, as long as it doesn't extend too far into the European evening.

When we did D'nipalooza, we had a master schedule which made sure everyone knew who was doing what and when - and we managed with three different broadcasters.

Any combination of the above is possible. The first thing to sort out (I think) is whether there are people who can fulfil the role of engineer and are willing to do so. If so, then you go down one route, collecting the tracks for broadcast and making sure everyone has the Teamspeak client and knows how to use it - a practice session is a very good idea. If no engineers can be found, then a list of broadcasters, stream URL's, times and genres is a minimum, plus an agreement as to how to handover from one to the next.

Not too difficult, but just a little bit of planning and preparation will make for a successful event :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:03 pm 

Hi Snickuster, I apologize, but I have to withdraw my name from this event. I have medical issues that require lengthy and immediate attention. I am uncertain how long it will take so to avoid leaving a gap in your program it is better for all concerned if I withdraw now. Again my apologies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:02 am 

JayRho wrote:
Hi Snickuster, I apologize, but I have to withdraw my name from this event. I have medical issues that require lengthy and immediate attention. I am uncertain how long it will take so to avoid leaving a gap in your program it is better for all concerned if I withdraw now. Again my apologies.

No problem Jay. Health comes first. I hope everything is okay and I wish you the best. Please take care!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Isn’t the 16:00–19:00 slot used by the Karaoke Party?

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Get tweets from the GoMe.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:44 pm 

DJ'S PLEASE READ

We are ready to receive your music! If either Max or I have not reached out to you, yet, please pm one of us so we can discuss final plans.