It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:19 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Butterpaw, you can click on the "Play now for 99 cents" link at the top of this page, click on join now on the next screen, but on the next screen, ignore the Create an Account, but instead click on the tiny "Already have an account? Sign in" link above it. Sign in and continue. This should work for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

butterpaw wrote:
Sadly, none of that helps with my problem, I log in to beta from a link with MystOnline icon... GameTap splash plays, then Cyan splash plays.. then I sign the agreement (every time) then I get to the screen where you can log in as your established avatar or set another one, and I just click Play Uru.

I do not have a paid GameTap account and have one which I got with the special code. I was expect instructions on how to subscribe to a paid account with GameTap based on the account I have (i.e. the transition so I don't lose everything I've done so far as a beta tester, and don't lose my ID)

I log in to MOUL exactly the same way as you do. It is the "standalone" version of the game which is utilised by customers outside the U.S. and Canada. (I'm in the U.K.). I am expecting an email from Gametap on or before the 15th Feb. with instructions on how to set up a "paid" account. I think it is more than likely that will happen "on" rather than "before" the launch date, lol!
I wouldn't worry too much. We are informed that game progress will not be lost during the transition so our avatars will be quite safe.
Just sit tight and wait. That's what I'm doing.
(But the suspense is killing me!!!). :lol:

Post subject: But...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:04 pm 

I think that you do need to let Cyan and GameTap know that you want to do what is called MERGING ACCOUNTS if you have been playing Beta on standalone, i.e., not via the GameTap interface, even if you are already paying for GameTap.

I have been working through that with Ryan W at Cyan and a GT marketing rep named Kendall Frank. I think it is finally working, but it has taken a while to get cleared up.

I think if you do not let them know that you want to merge accounts, your avi COULD be lost.

They are all very helpful and well meaning, but it has taken several points of contact to get this working.

It has changed my name that I log into GameTap with, and I had to give up other progress in other downloaded games via GameTap.

Hope this helps. I think your best bet is to send an e-mail to [email protected] to start the process.

"Let's pretend it's not," said Rabbit, "and let's see what happens."

Post subject: Oops, and...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:07 pm 

I got Ryan's e-mail wrong from memory - here is his original post:

"People who have both a GameTap paid account and an Uru beta account and want to cancel their current GameTap account and start paying on their beta account (to prevent any game progress loss), need to email me ( [email protected] ) with the following info by Jan. 31

Subject Line: Merging accounts.

Customer name
Screen name of current paid account to be cancelled
Email address of current paid account to be cancelled
Screen name of beta account to be transferred to paid account status
Email address of beta account to be transferred to paid account status

Example – I started paying for GameTap last summer. This fall I got a beta code to play Myst Online. I made a new account and have used that account to log into Myst Online. All my player progress is on that account. Since closed Beta will be ending soon I am worried about what will happen to that character.

Let me clarify that this is only for people currently paying for a GameTap account and NOT for people who just want to transition their current beta account to a full paid account. (Those instructions will come at a later date.)

Thanks!!

Ryan"

"Let's pretend it's not," said Rabbit, "and let's see what happens."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:44 pm 

I am currently having the same problem. I did not get the e-mail that was suppose to have been sent out. I contacted GD and GT. GT support got back to me today stating that they would look into the matter and get back with me as soon as possible. I realized today that I was logging in through GT under free beta account so I am hoping all I really have to do is change the current status of my account to a paid one and the rest will just follow the account change. Sounds good on paper at least but we all know that things don't always work that way. I always thought I was going through Cyan but I came into the beta process later so I guess they sent me through game tap. :)

Slightly worried
LeaLea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:30 pm 

My original GT account (Samui) broke. I was trying to set it up again, but I was stuck in an endless billing address loop. It kept saying my address was wrong or something.

The one I currently am using (Samuikon) works just fine.

I would want to continue using the Samuikon account, so I can keep my progress in the game. If it can be merged with 'Samui', and then the account info set to paid, then, that would be awesome.

But, it's too late for me to e-mail them about that, isn't it? =/

KI #00449231

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:20 am 

Don't fret with the email, all mine had on it was a sign up now link. I clicked on that and it just had me sign into my gametap acct. (a total waste of an email). I then clicked Pick A Plan on the right hand side, picked the 99cent/1month account (which said effective 2/20/2007) and entered my CC info. My account still says "Gametap Beta Offer" but since it did say effective on the 20th I'm not too worried (especially since I'm not the only one receiving this). Also I never received a confirmation email either.

FTLNewsFeed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:48 am 
Obduction Backer

Dichromus wrote:
I log in to MOUL exactly the same way as you do. It is the "standalone" version of the game which is utilised by customers outside the U.S. and Canada. (I'm in the U.K.). I am expecting an email from Gametap on or before the 15th Feb. with instructions on how to set up a "paid" account. I think it is more than likely that will happen "on" rather than "before" the launch date, lol!
I wouldn't worry too much. We are informed that game progress will not be lost during the transition so our avatars will be quite safe.
Just sit tight and wait. That's what I'm doing.
(But the suspense is killing me!!!). :lol:

Hmmm, strange.. I went in through GameTap to create my account with a code which I received by email from [Cyan, I believe] and.. I reside in US so that's a bit strange..

However, thanks for the reassurance! ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:53 am 
Obduction Backer

FTLNewsFeed wrote:
Don't fret with the email, all mine had on it was a sign up now link. I clicked on that and it just had me sign into my gametap acct. (a total waste of an email). I then clicked Pick A Plan on the right hand side, picked the 99cent/1month account (which said effective 2/20/2007) and entered my CC info. My account still says "Gametap Beta Offer" but since it did say effective on the 20th I'm not too worried (especially since I'm not the only one receiving this). Also I never received a confirmation email either.

FTLNewsFeed

Thanks FTLNewsFeed ... I'll look into that 99cent/1month thing.. I guess that would give me time to sort things out..

While 'the lag' gives me a lot of grief, there is a lot about MOUL that is very pleasing and fun ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:44 am 

From a purely personal point of view, I'm quite happy to pay for two accounts so that I can play with my grand-daughter. With the current £/$ exchange rate it will not be too expensive considering the fun we will have. :lol:
However, I do hope that I can pay an annual fee so that I don't have to donate too much to my bank :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:48 am 

Dotthorpe wrote:
However, I do hope that I can pay an annual fee so that I don't have to donate too much to my bank :!:

Unfortunately, the only plan is monthly right now.

(Or something.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:38 pm 

You know, a lot of international players cannot continue their exploration after lauch because of the current country restrictions. But Cyan/Gametap told us, that it is just a matter of time until we are able to rejoin later on..

What I want to know is this: What will happen with our affected beta accounts (avatars, KI numbers, collected goodie etc.) for the time being? Are they still avalible then for a later transition or do the remainder has to start from scratch?

And what about the hoods we have founded? If the associated avatars gets deleted then usually the hood imagers and other things are broken. Is this still the case?

My wish would be: Till then, please provide at least the opportunity to convert the existing and affected beta accounts into free visitor accounts without any country restrictions. IMO this should not cause any legal problems to Gametap.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:42 pm 

If your country isn't supported, you wouldn't have been able to play since some time in December, unless you use a proxy. In other words, losing your beta account information is, to put it bluntly, a non-issue because you weren't supposed to have one to begin with. If I'm not mistaken, only the closed beta allowed people from countries outside the 14 current ones to join.

(Or something.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quin wrote:
IMO this should not cause any legal problems to Gametap.

Unfortuantly, your opinion is wrong - this is currently not legally possible for Gametap, so unless you're in one of the supported countries, there will be no URU at all.

"Never put Dolby on snake detectors"

Last edited by Islander on Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Actually, I believe that a number of beta testers not in the 14 supported countries have, in fact, been able to continue up to this point. (GreyDragon made sure that a number of IP addresses were UNblocked.)

I wish I had a good answer for your question, Quin.

Last edited by Reverend Vader on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next