It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:11 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Problems with GameTap
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:50 pm 

I decided to start this topic, so that problems won't get lost in other threads.

I logged into URU before 7:00 am MST and I was also watching the forums. When the forums stated that Live had started, I didn't see any change in-game so I logged out and was going to log in again.

Sure enough, I see the Live info on GameTap, but I also got the message that my account has expired!

I signed up several months ago and I just checked my January statement, which shows a payment was sent to GameTap. And, of course, the support at GameTap isn't opened yet.

I'm not about to "sign up" again, as I don't need to be charged twice for the same service.

As I had an account, I didn't think I need to have gotten a "transistion" e-mail, but now I'm not sure what's going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:57 pm 

sounds like you should give gametap customer service a call. they're very helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm getting an error trying to connect to the servers. I might give the service number a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:01 pm 

Yikes! Talk about having a "senior" moment.....I was trying to log in with the wrong account name.....now, if I can only remember my password!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm getting that error message too Rik. I think maybe the servers are down as I'm told in the dialogue box there's a new version of GameTap to be updated. It's after that I get the error message.

Post subject:

anyone else getting or having trouble updating the GT software? I go to launch and it tells me I need to upgrade so I click ok. But as soon as I do and a the updater pops up it instantly gives me "Your connect to the internet or Game Tap servers maybe be down or blocked by your firewall settings. Please wait a few moments and try again" (they some info to contact them for help)

well its been more than a few moments and it still will not update. Anyone have this problem?

Post subject:

Quote:
I'm getting an error trying to connect to the servers. I might give the service number a call.

AAHHHIIIEE!!!

I'm getting the same error. :cry:

-Bonnie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

We've overloaded the GameTap servers already. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

That's the same error message. Out of curiosity, I tried my stand alone connection, and it's updating. Is that supposed to work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:10 pm 

Yep, now that I "resolved" my other issue (DOH!), I am now getting the update message and following error message as well.

Well, it finally updated. How I have a new issue. It's asking for me to create a new character, won't let me use my name as it say it already exists, which means that I've lost all my progress thus far.

Last edited by Paula465 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:12 pm 

ah good to see and sad that I am not alone in my problem and frustration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:15 pm 

:shock: Ok Im getting the same stuff ,so redid my account and got the firewall error too, tried the standalone linkin again and tada logged into live so it's a gametap server thing now ,,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:18 pm 

Yep, same problem with the GameTap servers. I'm located on the left coast in the U.S., and it is 0650AM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't know if it was the same problem as you all but I was not able to download the new client until I unblocked these ports 448 and 1467.

This was the error message I was getting.

"Your connect to the internet or Game Tap servers maybe be down or blocked by your firewall settings. Please wait a few moments and try again"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:22 pm 

panuby wrote:
I don't know if it was the same problem as you all but I was not able to download the new client until I unblocked these ports 448 and 1467.

This was the error message I was getting.

"Your connect to the internet or Game Tap servers maybe be down or blocked by your firewall settings. Please wait a few moments and try again"

yes, I am getting the error but I do not have a firewall installed on my computer but I do connect to a network through wifi that has a router. But I don't know why now I would have to set ports for GT when before I did not have to.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next