It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:41 pm 

I did one of those free GameTap trial thingies a while back and cancelled it before they charged me. Now I'd like to sign up for the free trial of Uru using that same account. Unfortunately, whenever I click the link to the free trial (this one), it takes me to the create an account page, no matter how many times I try to login prior. If I enter my login information and continue, it takes me to the review your information page, but it lists me as selecting the $0.99 for the first month dealie.

I am in the US, so that shouldn't be the problem. From what I've read there's no code or promotion that I need to enter. Anyone have a clue as to the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think* that free visitor accounts must start from scratch, bearing in mind the limited gameplay available.

It doesn't make sense to me to allow progress to be ported over to a free account.

(* - I could be completely wrong - don't take my words as fact)

"Never put Dolby on snake detectors"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:53 pm 

No, makes sense that progress wouldn't be ported over. I just don't like having multiple accounts to a single site.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:54 pm 

You should be able to play with your old GameTap account. If you deleted the client app from you rmachine, you can download it again from the web site. Note you have to subscribe to play get past certain points in the game. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:57 pm 

gamedawg wrote:
You should be able to play with your old GameTap account. If you deleted the client app from you rmachine, you can download it again from the web site. Note you have to subscribe to play get past certain points in the game. Good luck!

I did delete the client, unfortunately. But I can't redownload it without having GameTap's site prompt me to resubscribe.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:05 am 

You can either create a new account (with real or bogus different e-mail), then download and use your OLD cancelled account to login. OR you can create a new account and download and use your new account to login. Either way you can download and play for free.

You can subscribe later using whichever account you used to play URU, if you decide to pay to play more of the game (and games).

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]