It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:37 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:21 pm 

Hmm. Looks like others have already got beyond that. There's a long post in the General Discusson forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:13 pm 

Atrius Opheria wrote:
Hooray! I got into the Bahro Cave!

[spoiler]After several annoying calculations, one of my friends and I worked out the puzzle to the entrance is time based from when Negilahn was available[/spoiler]

For a complete spoilage, see below:
[spoiler]It seems to appear every 15hrs 43min 5sec from 00:45 March 1st on you KI[/spoiler]

Hmm. I was there at both of those times, and I didn't see anything. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:53 pm 

I was in that pod for over 45min! And I didn't see ANYTHING! I hit every combo of buttons and Nothing! I don't know if I'm doing anything right. Perhaps I need to stay in there for 2hours, that's a lot of boring time listening to Gorillas! :? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:00 pm 

Monkeyboy wrote:
I was in that pod for over 45min! And I didn't see ANYTHING! I hit every combo of buttons and Nothing! I don't know if I'm doing anything right. Perhaps I need to stay in there for 2hours, that's a lot of boring time listening to Gorillas! :? :(

I was in my pod for less then 20 minutes before 'it' appeared and I was whisked away. I guess Cyan wants people to spend endless amounts of time in their pod just waiting for it to appear. Also, it appears at the link in point so in theory if it is time based you could just stand there while going about your business and be whisked way when it appears (unless it requires physical movement on your part to move into it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:14 pm 

[spoiler]Yeah, how are you supposed to know which is which apart from trail and error? You'd thinkwe would get some kind of hint for this, and well if there is one buggered if I know where it is?[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:30 pm 

OK, I give up.

This is not a puzzle, it's a cretinous and pointless waste of time.

I've read the pamphlet, I've looked at the size diagram. I've run around inside that pod trying combinations of different noises and lights, then sat on my backside for ages waiting for something to happen.

I got the enormous chicken once, but it won't repeat when I do the same thing again.

Any game that just requires you to wait around doing nothing, with no feedback, isn't a game. I can get that bored waiting for a bus.

It's had six hours of my time. I could have been doing something useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:59 pm 

Well, either that or maybe there is more to it than we can see right now... Cyan has said repeatedly that we are part of the game. Maybe the DRC has some info that will be useful? Have we seen Kodama or Engberg to ask? I feel like there is more info out there, since we haven't really gotten any yet... (remember the pamphlet isn't official and should be read with a grain of salt)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Well, either that or maybe there is more to it than we can see right now... Cyan has said repeatedly that we are part of the game. Maybe the DRC has some info that will be useful? Have we seen Kodama or Engberg to ask?

Now that's an interesting concept - that there will be clues for puzzles that the DRC has, but we have to get that information out of them. I can't decide if I think that is incredibly clever, or scary :shock:

MOULagain KI#27460 - Second Life: Vax Sirnah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:28 pm 

From greydragon's post in the information section:

greydragon wrote:
What am I supposed to do in Myst Online: Uru Live?

This is a hard question with the very simple answer of “whatever you want.” Myst Online is comprised of a lot of different elements and you can spend as much (or as little) time doing as many (or as little) of them as you want. If you just want to play through the classic Myst-style puzzles, you’re welcome to do so. If you wish to explore all the amazing environments and debate the hidden messages in all the D’ni culture, you’re free to do so. If you want to actively follow the game’s live story, it’s there for you. If you want to ignore all of those items and just socialize with your friends and meet new people, go for it. It’s all up to you.

I would expect sufficient information to be available in-game, external to IC elements, in order to solve puzzles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:08 pm 

Monkeyboy wrote:

I was in that pod for over 18 hours yesterday. I saw wildlife, but no "sparkly, symbol" appeared.
Beginning at 4:52 am CT, I did notice small individual stars appear in mid air, roughly every 4 minutes until I finally gave up and logged out at 6:30am. But nothing forming a symbol ever manifested itself.
I wonder if my pod might be broken.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:08 pm 

TheLazenby wrote:
[spoiler]OK, I'm REALLY stumped about what to do in Negilahn. All I've been able to figure out is that the big lever powers up the age. There are seven buttons - three of them turn on lights outside, and four of them turn on the speakers. There is also a hatch on the floor, and a hatch on the ceiling - both of which have the D'ni number 18 on them.

But what am I supposed to do? I'm stumped![/spoiler]

Go here, there is a huge discussion about this:

http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7529

That which doesn't kill me is gonna regret its failure.

-Silmefea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:16 pm 

Guy wrote:
From greydragon's post in the information section:

greydragon wrote:
...If you just want to play through the classic Myst-style puzzles, you’re welcome to do so....

I would expect sufficient information to be available in-game, external to IC elements, in order to solve puzzles.

1) Perhaps this isn't a classic Myst-style puzzle.

2) As I tried to suggest earlier, perhaps there is more to this puzzle than is immediately or obviously visible. Often the Uru puzzles require tremendous leaps of logic, ie Ahnonay in TPotS. That Age certainly wasn't "obvious" the first time through... Maybe further clues will come through story, or through other resources that will be made available soon.

I guess I'm just saying don't give up on it yet. It's only been available for one day, give it some time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm 

It seems odd that they would release half of a puzzle however.

I've searched around and not found any new journals.

Given 4 animal sound buttons and 3 light/scent? buttons that gives 128 combinations to start with, and that's before you start thinking about sequences and being at the right window at the right time.

Even the people who've "solved" it don't seem to know what they did to make it happen.

It can't simply be a matter of trying all of the different combinations and waiting sufficient time between them to see whether anything happens. This seems to be the implication from the pamphlet, which perhaps has been held back so that it can be updated.

I'm quite happy with enormous leaps of logic. Animal noises however ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:48 pm 

This probably means nothing, just thought is was interesting:

[spoiler]When it is dark in the Pod its dark in Eder Gira.[/spoiler]

Last edited by dairyairaz on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:51 pm 
Cyan Employee

Guy wrote:
OK, I give up.

This is not a puzzle, it's a cretinous and pointless waste of time.

It is a puzzle. Its not random and can be solved. It will take time to solve the complete puzzle. However, this not a waiting puzzle like that done before.

"The rock is hard. The rock-cutter is patient." --D'ni proverb

Ryan

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next