It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: No Response from Server?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:35 am 

Okay... was online earlier this afternoon, but this evening I keep getting the following error message:

Untranslated: SetActivePlayerFailed: No Response From Server

Hmmmmm... has the DRC shut us out of the Cavern in response to The Great Tree's vigil for Sharper?! :P

URU Live KI #50911

Last edited by Mystlander on Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:43 am 

Mystlander wrote:
Okay... was online earlier this afternoon, but this evening I keep getting the following error message:

Untranslated: SetActivePlayerFailed: No Response From Server

Hmmmmm... has the DRC shut us our of the Cavern, again?! :P

I just joined last night and I got the same message. At least I know it's not just me! From what I've been reading of other posts, it would seem as though there is trouble whenever they do updates. I'm guessing the server can't handle the demand. They need multiple realms, like World of Warcraft. People really need to keep things in beta mode longer before they start charging people money. I'm glad I got mine for the first month for 99 cents. If these problems keep up, I'll be awfully disappointed to have to say 'later y'all.' Plus, I think it's retarded to have to log in twice; once to gametap and then again to URU. I hate the gametap software, it's bloated and although it looks attractive, I'd rather have better performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:32 am 

If you are experiencing the dreaded "set active player failed" / "No response from server" problems, GameTap support can't help you.
This is a well known and documented bug for some players and only Urulive support and/or all the wonderfully helpful contributers to the Urulive forums will get this resolved. You need to create a ticket with Uru live support.

It's important to give the urulive support team as much input as you can concerning your problem, your explorer's name, the PC's system specs. you play on, etc.

For some players there are fixes for this and others will have to wait for the next build of urulive to be released, date unknown.
Which one you are, will depend on your exact circumstances. For some, it happens all the time. Others have intermittant problems or a problem with 1 explorer but not another.
As for myself, I can play only if I delete all existing explorers ( loose all progress in the game ) and create a new explorer with a different name and start the game all over again from the start. :cry: That sucks, but at least I'm able to check out something new.

If you have an invidia nforce network controller, a quick fix some players is done by by disabling the "checksum offload."
Path = Device manager >Network adapters >Properties >Advanced >Property >offload/checksum - set value to "disable" or "none."

Look in the Technical Discussions section for topics such as:
"Connection problems"
"Still 0 seconds remaining"
"Set active player failed"

There is lots of opinions, advice and/or workarounds to try, if you're able to. I've tried them all with no success and I will have to wait for a fix from Urulive support or wait for the next build of Urulive.

Remember that the "player failed" problem started long before the public game launch, so be sure to look back into the January and February posts also.

Bumjelly

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:51 am 

Yay! I changed the checksum offload thing like you suggested and I've had no problems since. Thanks! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:12 pm 

Sephirah,

I'm glad that the fix worked for you. :D :D :D I wish that it worked for me, but that's the way it goes. :cry:

The fix for the "invidia" bug has been around for a while and I was just posting what I had read in previous posts.
It helps to keep these bug fixes reposted from time to time, especially for the new players or those that aren't familiar with forums.

There really needs to be a "Sticky" in this forum for all of the various tweeks and fixes offered up by forum posters and urulive support. I'm sure this would help out a lot, especially for the "newbies."

In the last couple of months, I've had a lot of advice and help from our great community here as to my situation with the "set active player failed" bug. Help is always appreciated. People helping people is a good thing.

I got an email from urulive support the other day that included several more things to try, so I'll give it a go and see what happens.
Stay tuned...

Bumjelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:02 pm 

just because i tend towards being pedantic on occasion, its nvidia not invidia. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:30 pm 

Firesign,

No problem. :D
It's nice to see that someone's paying attention. I know better than to spell it that way, yet I did it twice! :oops:
Bad Bumjelly, Bad Bumjelly!!! "No Soup for You !!!

Actually, correct spelling does show that one cares about what's being written.
Thanks for the input.

Bumjelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:56 pm 

To my knowledge, there are three errors that cause the "UNTRANSLATED..." error.

And right now we know of two fixes for two of the errors.

The first error is solved (or at least worked around) by disabling Checksum offload, as posted earlier in this thread.

The second is caused by your login process timing out due to an oversized Recent folder in your KI. Clear your Recent, and you're good.

The third, which seems to be what bumjelly had, was supposed to be fixed with Build Live 3. Was it, bumjelly?

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:00 am 

Maratanos,

Like you said, the first error doesn't apply to me. I don't have the "nvidia" hardware situation.
(Yeah, I spelled it right, Firesign :D )

The second wouldn't have much to do with me because not only do I not use the KI hardly at all, I can't even get back in with the same explorer twice in order to clear anything KI related anyway. Unless you were talking about in the UruLive folder in the My Docs folder ???

The third thing is still up in the air. Last week I uninstalled and deleted everything, and I mean everything, Gametap, Uru and Urulive. Then I re-downloaded GameTap, then the new v.3.504, 791 MB build of Urulive.
I played Saturday afternoon only after deleting my existing explorer and creating a newly named explorer. FYI: I'm up to "Zaphod #5" now.
I completed Cleft to Rainy Cleft, no problems. Then I logged out of Uru and then out of GameTap.

I havn't gotten back to the game since then, too much work lately and my cable broadband has been down for a few days anyway, but I plan to get back to the game tonight.
If I have the same bug again, I'll try the latest suggestions from support ResEng, B. Drechsel, who suggested 2 things.

First, delete the UruLive folder in the My Docs folder before launching the game, as it only holds local settings for graphics and audio along with local copies of KI images and avatar mugshots.
Second, make sure that the "Program Files/Game Tap/Games/140000150/data/dat" directory is the only MystOnline-related directory on my machine.

Support seems to feel that it's some sort of a local file corruption. This was also suggested in some previous posts. One by yourself back on 2/10, and some from Mustard Jeep and Earthwizard I do believe.
I have yet to narrow it down as I'm an old geezer and these things just take me a little longer to do. But, I'm trying. :D

Stay tuned...
Bumjelly