It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hugging in D'ni
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:17 am 

Hugging is a great way to welcome and meet people in URU Live. In the past 100 plus days I have hugged and welcomed hundreds of people in the city and at various Bevins. I even hugged Nick White a couple of weeks ago...I thought. I later found out from him that he didn't remember hugging me....(my hero didn't remember me?)...sigh.../cry.

That hurt.... So I have been trying to hug him again without success and he knew I was looking to do so.

Today, Nick showed up Sil-oh-Wet's Bevin and I thought "I have my chance at last...I get to hug Nick..... my life will be complete".

I linked in to Sils and saw Nick talking to a group of people near the linking room. Great.... my heart was pounding..... I walked up to him and he ran away..... Nick ran away from ME. /cry. I couldn't believe he ran; several times while taunting me as he ran.

I really thought URU people were supposed to be friendly. Ask anyone whom I have greeted and hugged how friendly I have been and how it made them feel. /cry...Nick.....where are you? You are the only person I haven't hugged in D'ni so far....the only one

Love, granelda.....

patiently waiting :cry:

-------------------
update: I ask all women now if I may hug them and have so for quite a while as I understand some people may not want a hug and that's ok with me. Thats not what this post is about.....hint

MOUL KI#502986 MOULa KI #332851 SL=granelda Oh

Last edited by granelda on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:23 am 

I got hugged once in D'ni... actually I felt rather awkward about it because I didn't know the person at all.

Often people feel their avatar is sort of an extension of themselves (it should be... "U R U") and in person wouldn't you feel a touch awkward if a perfect stranger came up to you on the street and wanted to hug you? You probably wouldn't let them.

Don't feel bad about it if Nick would rather dash away and make light of the situation than get touchy-feely. :D Some people don't like to get hugs even from people they know.

KI# 29337

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:41 am 

You haven't hugged me. :P

MOULagain KI# 00831617 MOUL: 04072686

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:03 am 

I can certainly understand a 'person' turning down a hug. Some people have boundaries that are different than mine and I respect their right to personal space.

I have encountered other avatars that actually apologized for walking through my avatar by accident. I felt that was polite and thoughtful action and I very much appreciated the sentiment.

Shorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:40 am 
Obduction Backer

Gran, u ar doing such a fine job huggin everybody in Dni. Keep doing that, u bring joy to the cavern. I admire u.
Forget Nick, he is immature.

:D :) :lol:

Jimbo

Post subject: how?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:33 am 

how exactly do u hug in d'ni? lol i didnt know u could

Dave!!8
KI:#04654331

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:00 am 

Poor gran, I believe she tried to hug me, but I moved away unintentionally. I apologise (again if its the case), I like hugs. I was going to try sneaking up on him, but it's a bit hard in URU.

Post subject: Re: how?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:04 am 
Obduction Backer

Dave118 wrote:
how exactly do u hug in d'ni?

/me hugs <insert_name_here>

How about a Free hugs day in D'ni? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:06 am 
Obduction Backer

You face each other close up and open up your KI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:50 am 

Hugs are awesome. And Gran is the hugmeister! Keep 'em coming girly! Keep 'em coming! I bet Nick just doesnt want you to hug him yet because then you wont have any reason to chase him anymore. Next time you see him, instead of trying to hug him...give him a little slug in the right arm and take off runnin'....hehehe. Oh WOW that reminds me of third grade. That is too funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

My wife says I'm very huggable. She also says that if there is any hugging to be done in the Cavern or anywhere else SHE will be the one to do it to me. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:03 pm 

When i first was hugged by Granelda i thought it was a bit odd looking , but then i changed to third person view. This is one of the best things anyone has come up with in a while. I always expect a hug from Gran and she never disappoints! She is indeed the HUGMIESTER..

Leo Bascalia would be proud.

KI#283599

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Gran is great about it, cause she *asks* if she can give you a hug. And she respects a 'no, thank you'.

I really do wish for a hug emote though. Something where you fling your arms wide, and then squeeze! And why doesn't /blowkiss have an animation?

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Gran's hugs really are the best. If I'm having a bad day or need a hug, I know I can always go find her and get a nice hug to cheer me up!

Don't worry about Nick, Gran. There are plenty of other people out there than would just love to get a hug from you. It's really his loss. :)

I think a bigger challenged for you would be to try and hug Cate and Sharper. :shock:

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:16 pm 

I haven't been hugged yet - guess I'd better find you, Gran. Maybe I need a shower (I'll turn on the rain in my Relto for a bit). It's true, though, some people just don't like hugs. I do, but my mom hates them (and I think she likes me :?: ). So don't feel bad, granelda, you can hug me instead of Nick anyday - and I'll even thank you :D