It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:30 am 

Just started watching the interview with Rand Miller posted from the uruobsession website and I saw the board with the "future content" to be released so out of curiosity I stopped it and saw something very interesting:

Doth my eyes deceive me or do I see "Marrim" as in "The Book of", the long awaited one ... ?

Speculate...

FTLNewsFeed

P.S. Congrats AKA for getting your text shown in the interview while Rand was in the cavern :D :D :D

P.P.S. I did see a female in the room game playing so the Cyan employees know what they are and do employ them :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:36 am 

My guess is that it has something to do with Marrim... ...or something related to Marrim.

Yeah!

~All Rightson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Interesting! I haven't seen the video, but it looks like a timeline of different characters to me... So does that mean we'll be getting to see Marrim sometime soon (halfway through March something seems to have happened... But nothing that we know about yet, then).

Do you think you could enlarge and enhance the whole board (unless you used Paint, then someone else may be able to enhance it), and also post a link to the video?

edit: Uhm... It doesn't say "Live DS" next to Ran's cheek, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:22 am 
Obduction Backer

I don't think that "Marrim" (if it says that) actually refers to the character -- it seems like a codename for a development phase. The top one is "dev," the last one is "live," and I'm not sure about the others. Maybe the third one is a smudged-out "rehearsal," but that seems iffy.

And it's not "Live DS" -- it's "Live 05." You can see "Live 03," "Live 04," etc. They probably mark major content releases.

Anyone figure out what the text is between "payiferen" and "tetsonot?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:53 am 

I'm kinda confused why Cyan would let them film something so full of spoilers.But it's up to them I suppose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:02 am 
Obduction Backer

Gadren wrote:
I don't think that "Marrim" (if it says that) actually refers to the character -- it seems like a codename for a development phase. The top one is "dev," the last one is "live," and I'm not sure about the others. Maybe the third one is a smudged-out "rehearsal," but that seems iffy.

And it's not "Live DS" -- it's "Live 05." You can see "Live 03," "Live 04," etc. They probably mark major content releases.

Anyone figure out what the text is between "payiferen" and "tetsonot?"

Perhaps the Marrim phase is in-house testing?

Where does it say Payiferen and Tetsonot? The vertical lines? I can't even read those...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:38 am 

Yeah, they appear to be levels of testing servers... "Dev", "Marrim(?)", "Rehearsal", and "Live". Interestingly, it looks like Live build 6 is about to get started on...

As for between Payiferen and Tetsonot, I can't really see it, but my best guess is...
[spoiler]Descent[/spoiler]
But I have no idea what it truly is.

Also- notice the KIPS symbols along the top... hm...

Edit: Highly spoileriffic and mostly obscured
[spoiler]For much of the time, Rand's head is covering a spot on the board, but for a few frames, you can see a list of names. The two obvious ones are Anonay and Er'cana, but I believe I see (?)y Isle, something which is possibly K'veer, and at the top...
[spoiler]I'm warning you[spoiler]cave-in[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Edit #2: There's even more on the other side of his head... [/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:12 am 
Obduction Backer

I find it odd that there are all these spoilers in the background. It' seems silly to shoot an interview in front of such a thing unless it was intentional - they wanted to get some leaks out to show that there IS in fact, stuff coming.

MOULagain KI#27460 - Second Life: Vax Sirnah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:29 am 

That's what I inferred from their use of that setting. It seems to me, however, that much of what I was able to latch on to was not meant to be visible, at least not immediately. Still, it does not really tell us much more than what we already know is coming, apart from the in-depth look at their testing. Most of what I have speculated above is purely that, speculation. Apart from what I expected to be on the board, I had trouble reading the rest, even on the HD video.

I think the most we can safely pull from this whiteboard is that Cyan has a lot of stuff coming up, that we can expect updates on the first of a given month, and that they really are looking far ahead as for what is to come.

Come to think about it, I think they also wanted to give us a little something to go and speculate about... not quite clear enough to read, but quite easy to make assumptions off of. As well, the spoiler content is actually fairly low... The only one I was surprised to see was the one I can't make out.

As well, you'll notice that there are some mysterious omissions form what we know. I find no mentioon of Minkata, nor of any way to reach the GZC before Payiferen. *shrug* Time will tell, I suppose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:41 am 

Looking at the pic I have to agree, the rows are:

Dev .. Marrim .. Rehearse .. Live .. from top to bottom.

I'm guessing that Marrim is either in house testers or maybe even the woman who was playing in the interview.

As for what's written down I can see "Live 05 Production" then "Live 05 QC" in blue in Dev then later "Live 05 QC" (quality check) in blue in Marrim and then the same in Rehearsal and then finally "Live 05" release the second week of May. Looks like they have a creation to release time of 7-8 weeks, pretty progressive/aggressive.

If you'll also notice all the dates are marked off by the Thursdays (3/22, 3/29, 4/5, 4/12) giving us a definite release date, cool.

FTLNewsFeed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:48 am 
Obduction Backer

Thinking about it more, that whole scene seems a bit contrived. They are talking about why they came to Spokane, stuff about the area, etc. Seems a little weird for that sort of interview. I suspect that there may have been 'hey lets talk in front of the board!' plan and then they came up with some ideas of what Rand could talk about. ;)

MOULagain KI#27460 - Second Life: Vax Sirnah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:51 am 
Obduction Backer

I like the 'carefully positioned' marker pen obscuring what age comes after Tetsonot :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:58 pm 

Perhaps, then that is Minkata. I honestly didn't think there was anyhting behind it, although the thought did occur to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:34 pm 

So looking at the whiteboard in the interview that just came out today with Rand Miller in the high definition version and also from others who've posted it elsewhere, I've gathered together this information and there is plenty of upcoming news that is definitely without question official…

[spoiler]There are 4 servers that Cyan uses for Uru Live:

Development, Marrim, Rehearse, and Live. Content begins in Development and goes down through the other servers until it reaches Live.

Build release schedule:

Build 3 (green) across March. Build 4 (purple) on April 5. Build 5 (blue) on May 4. Build 6 (orange) by June 7

Age release schedule:

At the start of March, Negilahn
Mid-March, Dereno
Fifth of April, Payiferen
In the middle of April, Descent
At the end of April, Tetsonot

These aren’t connected with any dates but still on the board:

Cave- In
Ahnonay
K'veer
(Something unreadable) Isle…maybe Katha Island?
Er'cana

Now granted stuff happens to make schedules changes and we may see this...but for now everything is smooth and on track! Oh and if anyone wants me to take a HD screenshot of the whiteboard just ask...and I will![/spoiler]Thanks Marten!

Edit: Added credit to gathering info elsewhere and to Marten who so graciously pointed it out!

Mod Note: Edited by Whitch2-3/30/07- added spoiler tags

Last edited by MickBell on Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:02 am 

Could you please take a hd picture of the whiteboard?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next