It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Server not responding
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:31 am 

Logging on about 9 PM East coast time got only a response "Server not responding". This lasted about 15 minutes. Does Cyan offer a means to see what the status of the network is so a user may determine if his/her problem is local?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:42 am 
Obduction Backer

There are three threads about this now... it would appear there is a server problem. ;)

Post subject: Yes...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:54 am 

Yes... both GameTap and Cyan are aware. Just spoke on live chat to a GameTap rap about an hour ago. And then opened a ticket at the support forum.

Didn't get an answer on how long though... but I'll keep checking my open ticket to see.

your buddy in the zone, earthwiz

Post subject: server problem
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:10 am 

I encountered a problem about 10 minutes ago, here in NJ.

I was in Gahreesen and ready to go to the Journey Door. When I linked back to Gahreesen from my Relto, I found that my KI wasn't working. I actually ran the trail back to the gear room and found that my gear wasn't working any more and did that whole mess again (errrggghhh!!!). Just as I got the gear working, I got an "Error 6 message". Thought my connection pooped out on me, so logged out and checked my connection, all was fine. When I logged back in, I could not get back into Uru ... I was getting an "authentication failure" message and tried again and again. I didn't think anyone would have posted anything so soon, but here you are. Hope they fix it soon. I just want to get through that jumping aggravation to the journey door. :-b

Flobiwan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:33 am 

I was visiting URU for the first time. I am trying to play it from Arkansas. Went off line about 30 mins ago. It is 10:33pm central.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:39 am 

Just started having this same problem.

But before it started refusing to let me on...it gave me a 90-minute long >600 Mb update.

Anyone else have the gigantic update and then not be able to get on?

EDIT: Also--and this never happened before--now Uru Live is asking for a login and password. It's got my gametap account name already in the field, with an added "@gametap.com", and then a password field. Always before I had to enter my login and password for gametap...but I don't think I ever had to input it again for Uru Live until now. Anyone else having that as well?

MOULa KI#237576

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:54 am 

Yeah this server thing has happened to me a few times, it usually starts working again 5-15 minutes later. it also takes me to Uru live gametap login.

Post subject: same here
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:43 am 

I haven't been able to log on for an hour :(

What's going on?

Says Server..Authentication Failed Try Again

Ahhhhh!

I guess I'll play Quake...so violent though! :)

Post subject: Service still out
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:56 am 

Coming up on 1 AM in the East and there's no response since since 9 PM. I would hope the problem is related to failed hardware and not the system can't accommodate the new load. My 10 year old is going to kill me if this is not back up tomorrow (He just finished Riven a month ago). As you can see by the dates I'm a new subscriber - the family tried the free online portion of URU out for a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:03 am 

Have a look here at Tor'i Cyan Employee's post..
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=138036#138036

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:07 am 

You beat me to it AW, was just going to share that link. Hope that it is a easy fix, server has been very very stable overall. Crossing fingers and toes for good outcome. :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:09 am 

Back up up for me.... just in time to go to bed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:14 am 

servers seem to be back up...YAY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:51 am 

Maybe it's just because I'm a server developer myself, but I always appreciate when light is shed upon a mysterious outage in the online games I enjoy playing, and since I find myself in a position to shed such light here, I thought I would offer some info about this evening's outage. The outage this evening was due to the way one of our servers caches data. It has an issue where it can use up all available memory. We will be working through the weekend to correct it. Once our change looks good, we'll update said server and all will be well, but until then it's possible URU will experience intermittent outages. Sorry for any inconvenience. We're correcting it as quickly as we can.

-eap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:53 am 

I hope you also fix it so I can use my "old" character and not have to start a new one to play from now on.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next