It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:34 am 

I think you might be confusing the rotating tower of floating stones (aka wedges) near the dock with the circle of calendar spark stelai out on their own little island.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:43 am 
Obduction Backer

nebodin wrote:
I think you might be confusing the rotating tower of floating stones (aka wedges) near the dock with the circle of calendar spark stelai out on their own little island.

That's true, but you can still complete things like Delin, Tsogal, and the pod ages before you do the original journey, if you want to.

Leighana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:46 am 

I am sick of these idiots crying about new content. You have nothing better to do in your life but complain about it. I am getting a little upset with the lack of new ages but it's MY FAULT! There is no complaining from me because I'm the idiot that reads spoilers or goes onto certain detailed websites with walkthroughs that also lists new content added.

My computer was down for two weeks, so I couldn't log on. I just got back on and decided to explore on my own. I was astonished by the little details that were added that usually aren't mentioned on every website. In Gahreesan, I noticed that the Maintaineer's suit area was up now, though you can't get it yet, and the lights are flashing on the grid boards in the rooms next to them overlooking the inner area, i just don't know what they are going to be used for yet, either. Also the new Relto page I found by just exploring.

I have to blame myself for sitting and waiting for new content only because I was an idiot for looking at all the spoilers. There is no way someone can start brand new now knowing nothing about the game and breeze through everything in a month, without looking at spoilers. Especially if they have a life that includes actually working and sleeping and now Lord Stanley's playoffs beginning, children or whatever else is on your agenda in the real world.

In the pod AREAs they are called in the "Story so far" section, is a mystery to me also because the Age itself we don't even know the name of. Try playing a month or two without looking up the exact location of the content and i bet you'd be surprised what you find that isn't plastered all over the net.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:55 am 

THANK YOU, original poster! I was just telling someone how sick i was of all these pods....

I feel like Derek Smalls, for [Pete's sake]! I'm always stuck in a pod!

Last edited by TheLazenby on Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:00 am 

:shock: Oh my...more gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to devote to the game as of late, so you're not going to get any clues or hints from me and I'm staying away from what looks like spoilers in the forums. But I have been able to peek in and take a look at the new stuff. And...I get this impression...putting together things that have happened, or NOT happened in the last few weeks...I just get this feeling.

Which means I have to ask...what makes any of you think that the clues aren't there? Just because you haven't solved a puzzle, does that mean that one doesn't exist? Or that the solution isn't there? What makes you think that you DON'T have a 'complete' age to solve? How long do you think you should have to work at an age before you think you should have 'beaten' it?

How long is a piece of string? :wink:

LR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:05 am 

"I could poop a pod out in a day."

That sentence lost you all your credibility. Aside from making you sound like a 6 year old, it is a frankly ridiculous statement. I'm assuming that you have no background in 3d graphic design? Because if you did you would know not only how hard it is to model something as complex and detailed even as a small pod, and how much time it would take. Not only that, but you would also have to program the age. Put in everything that makes it work, or else it would just be a pretty screensaver (yes, even the mostly empty pod ages would require a huge amount of programming- think all of the animation, the controls in the pod, the movements of the animals outside...). And before that, you would need a central concept, maps, puzzle ideas, concept art... it goes on and on. I know that you might be able to pull of fully-developed age out of your tushie, but most people take time and effort to ensure a quality product. Because I am familliar with how Cyan would go about making the content that they release, I can see that they are moving at a perfectly appropriate pace (if I were to have my way they would move even slower and produce even better work).

So, in far less words: get a clue before you open your mouth. You have no idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:20 am 

Quote:
My computer was down for two weeks, so I couldn't log on. I just got back on and decided to explore on my own. I was astonished by the little details that were added that usually aren't mentioned on every website. In Gahreesan, I noticed that the Maintaineer's suit area was up now, though you can't get it yet, and the lights are flashing on the grid boards in the rooms next to them overlooking the inner area, i just don't know what they are going to be used for yet, either. Also the new Relto page I found by just exploring.

ATTENTION COMPLAINERS: READ THE ABOVE QUOTE!!! THE GAHREESEN WALL APPEARS TO BE ACTIVE!

That qualifies as NEW CONTENT! Now stop whining, close your browser window, log into Gametap, sign onto Uru Live, and go play the game! The time you complainers have spent sitting here whining about how there's nothing to do could have been time spent looking for the new content!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:26 am 

But in all seriousness (and to slightly play devils advocate) how long and how much money are people suppose to spend in the hopes of seeing what was promised them? (or at least what they have the impression of)

People seem to think that it is no big deal and that the amount per month is small to pay so why not, stick around funnel money into Cyan, "they need it". But to someone like me who has lil or no money and is trying to just pay basic stuff, Myst is my luxury and bit of fun that hasn't been all that fun and one which looks like I can't afford to keep so I can "wait around".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:31 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

OK, we have several topics already open regarding content.....lack of, disatisfaction with, happy with, what's new....you name it, it's out there. I'll leave a few links here, but I'm going to close this one.

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8798

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8605

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7721

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8723

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2