It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Maybe, considering we've seen images of Minkata with a symbol similar to that found by both Sharper and Wheely, that the DRC will open up Minkata in hopes that the explorers can help figure out what's going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:57 pm 

I don't think we see Esher and MystV realted stuff this year because of the license of Ubisoft.

-Qvist #25056

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:42 pm 

Gadren, since when have the DRC ever opened anything other than the GZ in hopes we can help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Studying some glyphs mysteriously drawn on her fence in Texas.
All I can say at this point is that I am totally blown away by this plotline. I was there when the dramatic cliff hanger happened.

At this point I am trying to decide how I really feel about all of this.

And right now, it is not good.

Ti'chelle #10684

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

The DRC might not release Minkata (IC), but Cyan (OoC) almost certainly still will. I'm still hoping I have to sneak into an office to find it :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:15 pm 

Y'know, if I link in from the surface and find a new book in my bookcase... I honestly don't know if I'll use it immediately. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:33 pm 

This plot development goes beyond my wildest hopes. I thought they would keep develop Uru as a "past tense" game, where the main idea would be to examine symbols and solve puzzles to figure out why things happened in the past. Instead, we get uber-action (well, sort of...) and the chance to dive into trying to solve why things are happening now.

I'm excited!!!

I just hope the game doesn't turn into a first-person shoot 'em up... You know, "How Many Rogue Bahro Can You Kill Today"...*

:shock:

(* Joke!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:45 pm 

At least it isn't 'Yeesha Teaches Typing'...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:02 am 

Quote:
I don't think we see Esher and MystV realted stuff this year because of the license of Ubisoft.

They probably can't copy the ages, but they can do whatever they want with the characters. We've already seen the detailed Bahro, and that first appeared in EoA.

I'm not sure it's Esher, though. Aren't the events of EoA part of the Uru storyline?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:54 pm 

coyote wrote:
I'm not sure it's Esher, though. Aren't the events of EoA part of the Uru storyline?

We don't know, exactly. We know that the Bahro were freed in 2005, so that event is true as far as it goes. But, we don't know how much of EoA is artistic license. For example, we don't know if there ever was a Tablet, or if that's just something Cyan made up for better gameplay. We do know that Marie Sutherland has told us that the person living on Noloben is no longer there, and that he refused to give his name to the DRC, which suggests that Cyan made up the name "Esher". Perhaps Rand can be persuaded to tell us how much of EoA is fiction and how much is IC fact, during the meet-and-greet tonight.

Post subject: simple question
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:15 pm 

Reading all this trying not to miss anything and since the story has unfolded in neighborhood/news style I have yet to notice one piece of information. Did they actually find Rose's body or is it just that its assumed by her Ki being non reachable? If her body is missing this could lead to interesting story twists later...

Sorry for the question but I couldn't locate the answer.

Post subject: Re: simple question
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:35 pm 

silverhawk wrote:
Reading all this trying not to miss anything and since the story has unfolded in neighborhood/news style I have yet to notice one piece of information. Did they actually find Rose's body or is it just that its assumed by her Ki being non reachable? If her body is missing this could lead to interesting story twists later...

Sorry for the question but I couldn't locate the answer.

In one or two of the logs, Wheely mentioned Rose's cold body under the rubble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:39 pm 

We all have our opinions and are entitled to them. Wheely was a great member of the community. However, her death, as sad as it was, did spur alot of interest and speculation, as well as got the story rolling in a new unforseen direction. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have a rather silly question. In the mornings I don't have time to read all the threads, but take time to visit the city. This morning I went to the Library to visit the site (as I understand it) of Wheely's death. Almost no one was there and there was a ton of people listed in my Age Players. No one would answer me when I /shouted "Where is everybody?" I didn't have time to look for everyone. Now I'm at work and reading threads and I see pictures of wreathes and explorers around the crack in the pub. Why is it all taking place there instead of the Library? And nowhere do the threads say it's taking place there, only a couple pictures I had to find on UO. Why? I'm always clueless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rik wrote:
I have a rather silly question. In the mornings I don't have time to read all the threads, but take time to visit the city. This morning I went to the Library to visit the site (as I understand it) of Wheely's death. Almost no one was there and there was a ton of people listed in my Age Players. No one would answer me when I /shouted "Where is everybody?" I didn't have time to look for everyone. Now I'm at work and reading threads and I see pictures of wreathes and explorers around the crack in the pub. Why is it all taking place there instead of the Library? And nowhere do the threads say it's taking place there, only a couple pictures I had to find on UO. Why? I'm always clueless.

I'm afraid you understood incorrectly. The site of Wheely's death was a crack that appeared near the Kahlo Pub, not the Library. As for why the threads don't say that the memorial is by the Pub, well, I guess it's because other threads covering the events of the past week already stated that the events were taking place near the Pub.

Hope that helps!

KI#00149165

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next