It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

TheTraveler wrote:
I can't seem to find the setting with a Nvidia 6150 LE, Am I missing something?

The coolbits tweak that Starlion mentioned probably.

btw, this seems to improve my fps somewhat but the result is hardly spectacular for an old video card like my FX5600.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Saruk wrote:
Just as an FYI, for the ATI you have to install and use ATI Tray Tools to adjust it. It's called 'Flip Que Size' under '3D'. Setting it to 0 is the same as 0 Frames to Render Ahead...

Here is a pic of the settings:

TheTraveler, here is a quote from Tweakguides:

The setting in question is called 'Max Frames to Render Ahead', and it is usually hidden from the normal Nvidia Forceware Control Panel options. To enable it, I recommend using NVTweak 1.71, since NVTweak is easier to use to enable/disable this option (compared to Coolbits) and has other functionality which can come in handy. Run NVTweak and tick the 'Additional Direct3D' box, then close NVTweak. Now go into your Classic Forceware Control Panel, and under the 'Performance & Quality Settings' item you will find a new item called 'Additional Direct3D Settings', click on it and you will see this option. Note that Nvidia users running Vista can't access the Classic Forceware CP, so they should use RivaTuner to change the 'Prerender limit' setting which is the same thing. You can find out more about how to use NVTweak and RivaTuner in the Advanced Tweaking section of my Nvidia Forceware Tweak Guide. For ATI users, you can adjust the 'Flip Queue' setting which is the equivalent setting to the one above by installing and using ATI Tray Tools. The same values apply to both cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:02 pm 

Ahh! Rivatuner looks Scarier than fiery abyss, I'm gonna stay away from the thing, I just got the new computer, and I don't need to mess it up >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have a GeForce 5200. It was an upgrade specifically added to this computer for the purpose of playing the original URU. It works.

Can this anti lag method be used with the GeForce 5200? If so, can anybody provide the directions to access and change the propper settings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, Saruk,

ATI Tray Tools.. I'll need to check ... older card, but newer drivers.. hopefully it will be in there somewhwere..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

I tried it this morning on my 7800 GS but I don't know how much use I got out of it. I was 99 in The Watcher's pub and my FPS ranged from 4 to 7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:13 pm 

To everybody asking how to tweak this setting (on Nvidia cards) go back and read the 4th post on the 1st page of this thread, I've already explained everything there :roll:

Now that that's out of the way, I'm glad to hear that this tweak is helping!

Edit: I added another download location for the coolbits registry tweak to my last post. Thank Guru3D for this link. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:50 am 

I beleive that users like me, having an ATI Radeon card, have to download the ATI Tray Tools first.

I have found one here...
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733

So all is needed now would be for someone who "knows best" to give us a little walkthrough on how to go about it, please. :mrgreen:

Update:
I have installed the ATI Tray Tools and did have a go at a few settings without knowing too much about what I was doing. :roll: :shock: :lol:

And I went to visit Uru Live. First thing I did noticed is a "changing number" at the top right corner, while in the game. (average 21 to 30)

Is that the "in game", "frames rate " ??????

I had the "unproven" feeling that the game was smoother. I could not really test that because there was no big crowd around (max 20) :lol: :lol:

P.S.
with some of the settings, I went for performance rather than quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
And I went to visit Uru Live. First thing I did noticed is a "changing number" at the top right corner, while in the game. (average 21 to 30)

That's the in-game frames per second (FPS). It saves getting FRAPS, I suppose. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:55 am 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
I tried it this morning on my 7800 GS but I don't know how much use I got out of it. I was 99 in The Watcher's pub and my FPS ranged from 4 to 7.

Cool, same video card I have. :)

It doesn't really increase your framerate all that much, but it should reduce any lag you have while running around and reduce delay with the mouse and keyboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:50 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Quote:

That's the in-game frames per second (FPS). It saves getting FRAPS, I suppose. :)

Thank you for the feedback Rusty. Image

Bravo to the ATI Tray Tools and Guru. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, I've been using ATI Tray Tools since, like forever...

You can turn off the Frame Rate Display by going to 'Tools & Options' - 'OnScreen Dislpay' and unchecking 'Enable OnScreen Display'. Another nice feature is setting up a hot key to take screenshots and one to turn on and off the FPS display etc. No need for other programs taking up resources...

Oh, and sorry, I forgot to put a link to ATI Tray Tools in my first post.. :oops:

Last edited by Saruk on Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:22 pm 

Can someone point me in the direction of seeing what the framerate is while I am in URU? I have been suffering badly with lag since Minkata. Now I cannot even attempt going into the public city as the two new items placed there have now made it worse for me. :cry:

I would appreciate any help given.

My video card is GEForce 7800 GS 256 MB - last four numbers in DirectX are 9147. I am running with 1536 MB Ram

I would really love to try this fix but would like to see my framerate before and then again after. Thanks again. ~Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Since your card is a good one (same here), Zanari, when did you last run defrag and how big is pagefile.sys (your virtual memory pagefile)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:37 pm 

Hi Rusty_Russell

I ran a defrag just about 2 weeks ago figuring it would help, but it didn't. The pagefile info is 893 mb used with 2541 available. I hope that's the info you needed as I found it on the directX startup box. :?

~Z

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next