It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:06 pm 

jetuser wrote:
The camera should change angle in third person so you would be able to see this effect.

:?: It does... the camera follows the pellet all the way down! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:13 pm 

SCGreyWolf wrote:
jetuser wrote:
The camera should change angle in third person so you would be able to see this effect.

:?: It does... the camera follows the pellet all the way down! :)

really what formula did you use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:18 pm 

Messing around with the mixture might be barking up the wrong tree...

[spoiler]
Have you noticed that only three of the four burners are working? (One does not glow like the others while baking). Interestingly the one that does not glow corresponds to the mixer that you needed to disable to reach the burner room. Maybe the solution is to work with a teammate to turn on the mixer for you after you reach the burner room.
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:20 pm 

You wouldn't need a friend, you could turn on the mixer and then you use the shell cloth to get to the room.

But I don't think that's it. I have the 2 other mixers disabled (the last one doesn't shut down), and those two corresponding ovens are working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

MudFarmer wrote:
Messing around with the mixture might be barking up the wrong tree...

[spoiler]
Have you noticed that only three of the four burners are working? (One does not glow like the others while baking). Interestingly the one that does not glow corresponds to the mixer that you needed to disable to reach the burner room. Maybe the solution is to work with a teammate to turn on the mixer for you after you reach the burner room.
[/spoiler]

they all turn on for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:25 pm 

Those lights are dodgy. Sometimes mine appear to be off (not always the one hooked to the mixer turned off), but if I leave and come back or change where I'm standing I can see the light. So, I don't think it's a case of the burner not working (or at least, not because the mixer was turned off).

At one point, I had all of the mixers turned off except for the one that's stuck in the on position, and all of the burners were still lit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, I thought they were a little broken at first too, but I've figured out why sometimes they don't all turn on right away:

All ovens finish at the same time, regardless of cooking-duration setting. In order to accomplish this, ones with shorter durations turn on later than ones with longer durations. For instance, a two-hour oven will turn on when there are two hours left on the longest oven. If you're seeing this with ovens all set to the same time, it's because those ovens that aren't on yet are probably set a pixel or two lower than the others.

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:41 pm 

fchall wrote:
So has anyone heard an "official" cook time?
And what good does it do if we dump them in the cave when we have no way to get to the lower cave?
Used in next episode maybe?

Look for a way to take the pellets to the lower cave where the pelet meter is.

Here's how.

[spoiler]click on pellet in tray then on book.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Someone needs to make a website where we can submit data about the pellets and be able to make sense of it. We need a centralized location.

Anyone up for the task?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:09 pm 

Deledrius wrote:
If you're seeing this with ovens all set to the same time, it's because those ovens that aren't on yet are probably set a pixel or two lower than the others.

Oh, man, I would rather it be a bug than for this to be true. Controls should generally not be more sensitive than the resolution of the scale used to set them. I don't want to have to get a setting right within a couple of pixels!

I am curious to know why all those controls are adjustable at all, if there was only one best recipe for feeding the lake under all conditions. That would be bad engineering. It suggests that different recipes were needed depending on the condition of the algae or the quality of the particular harvest being processed or other factors.

I'm also curious to know why the lake suddenly needed feeding near the time of the Fall, so the food Age was converted from feeding people to feeding algae. What did the algae eat for the previous 9400 years? Or were they feeding it regularly the whole time, and just discovered a better source of the nutrients they needed in Er'cana?

I really want some background on this for a change. We need context for these Ages, daggonit! That used to be one of the strengths of Cyan's games, and perhaps the primary reason why I became a fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:16 pm 

Gadren wrote:
Someone needs to make a website where we can submit data about the pellets and be able to make sense of it. We need a centralized location.

Anyone up for the task?

Someone named Agrif has started setting a database up here (see his post in this thread at UO). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kadish either created or owned both Ahnonay and Ercana. It is my guess that as Ahnonay was the way he tried to show that he fulfilled the prophecy of the Grower time-travelling, Ercana was how he was to show that he could fulfill the prophecy of lighting the cavern, and he created this machine like this because he didn't know when he began what the right combination would be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Perhaps he's even the reason the algae are so messed up in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

BrettM wrote:
Deledrius wrote:
If you're seeing this with ovens all set to the same time, it's because those ovens that aren't on yet are probably set a pixel or two lower than the others.

Oh, man, I would rather it be a bug than for this to be true. Controls should generally not be more sensitive than the resolution of the scale used to set them. I don't want to have to get a setting right within a couple of pixels!

It definitely appears that you can set one oven to 40.5 and another to 40. I'm guessing (hoping) that a variance of a few pixels (seconds in baking time) here and there are not going to adversely affect our readings, or the potency of a given recipe.

Quote:
I really want some background on this for a change. We need context for these Ages, daggonit! That used to be one of the strengths of Cyan's games, and perhaps the primary reason why I became a fan.

I'd like to second this as much as possible. There's a lot we've never learned about Er'cana, and the lake. Surely there are some official records left behind on this seemingly important subject.

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:46 pm 

If we only count increments of 5, and we don't count 0, that leaves us with 10^3 = 1000 recipes. If we use increments of 10, that's 5 ^ 3 = 125 recipes. (This is assuming all four machines have uniform settings.)

I would suggest doing every one of those 125, finding the better ones, and fine tuning them from there.

KI # 04260171

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next