It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:53 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:03 am 

I think my interrrupted download must have seriously corrupted something. When I tried to uninstall MOUL earlier, the uninstall program didn't work correctly. I got a "could not delete folders" error. Now, when I click on "programs" in my control panel, MOUL isn't listed, yet I can still manually find it in its entirety in my C: /programs directory. When I manually double-click on the uninstall program, I get an "error while reading critical files" message. When I manually click on the launcher, I get the 'initializing patcher' hang. So I seem to not be able to launch the game or uninstall it.

What danger is there in manually deleting the files folder by folder using my delete button?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:56 am 
Obduction Backer

None, but you may need to clean your registry.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:52 pm 

I have EXACTLY the same problem! I have reinstalled URUlive, even tried to turn off my firewall, but nothing happens when i try to launch, no connection, it just says "initializing patcher". When i reinstalled, I first cleaned registry with an uninstalling program! I have submitted a ticket and they are trying to help, but no solution yet!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:14 pm 

I had the same problem, here is how I fixed mine :!:

First I contacted Game Taps Tech support via live chat. :)
They had me run my logs and then they told me that I needed an older version of Quicktime. ver. 6.5.2...I had a newer version 7.1 (I asked them why i needed to install an older version when I had not had any problems before. :?: Their answer was that it was one of their fixes ) :idea: So I uninstalled my newer version of Quicktime and installed the older version. Guess what It didn't work :( So now I've got to update my Quicktime again. :?

Second I contacted Game Taps Tech Support by phone. :)
They told me that my files have probably been corrupted and that I should delete and then re download Uru :( ( They said I would not lose any data because my save info was stored on their server)
So I deleted the game and waited for 30 plus minutes for the files to redownload. :shock: Guess what? It didn't work I was fit to be tied this was my third day of being locked out of Uru. :x

I thought about it and realized everything had been working fine until the new content came out. then it hit me
Now here is what I did to resolve the problem. :arrow:
    Open your firewall program.
    Look for and open program permissions.
    Find Uru Launcher.exe
    Make sure it says allow
    Mine was blocked by my firewall for some reason when it started to download the patcher updates
    May be more than one Uru Launcher.exe

Close firewall program
    Re-boot your computer
    Reopen firewall program and make sure setting is still saying allow
    Close firewall
    Start GameTap and Start Uru.
    Patcher should pick up where it left off and start downloading update.

This worked for me and maybe it will help some of you out with this problem.

Doc.Hemlock
Ki #00608400 - GameBoomers Bevin

Last edited by Doc.Hemlock on Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:15 pm 

IT WORKS! :D

windows firewall was messing it up. i turned it off and now it's fine :D

i'll try adding an exception....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:01 pm 

rnjrowl wrote:
Rusty, before I deleted MO:UL I tried finding urulauncher.exe to try it manually as I had seen that suggested in other instances. I found urulauncher.exe in task manager & did a search & found just the file but could not figure out how to "launch" it from either of those places. Am I looking in the wrong places? It occured to after I had deleted it that I could go My computer, drive C, program files but since I had deleted I had no URU file. Would it be in Gametap or a seperate URU file. Any help or direction either here or by pm would be very greatly appreciated. :)

I am having the same trouble: the launcher hangs on "Initializing patcher..."

You can manually launch it from the address (if you have Gametap): Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GameTap\games\###somenumber###\data (in my case, the number is 140000150, and it may be the same for everyone, I don't know)

But manually launching it didn't help me. It hangs all the same.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2