It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:32 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Age creation group
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:50 am 

Hi!

I have an idea: maybe cyan can make something like an age creation group.People sign-up to the group,cyan take some (like in a beta) and the people who picked are the "age creation group".They will tell cyan about their idea for an age each month.Every few months,cyan will pick the best age idea,and will take the people who think about this age to "design" it.This people will write to cyan about this age (in an e-mail maybe),things like the age name,what are the puzzels in the age,how will the age look,what's the story of this age (if there is a story) and things like thet.Cyan will make this age to look as much as the creator described it and will release it in the next episode.

What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:08 pm 

That's a great idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Maybe not every months, but submiting idea to cyan is a good idea.
Some peaple are quite good when it comes to design and ideas, but don't know how to program.
Me, i'm just the opposite :lol:

I tkink we'll have an other way to use the fans created age. Limiting this the the live itself would limit the possibilites. I see it more like we create stuff on our own server, then, we can submit it to cyan if we think it worthy of being in the live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:09 pm 

I glad you like my idea.I just hope cyan will see thet.

Quote:
Maybe not every months, but submiting idea to cyan is a good idea.
Some peaple are quite good when it comes to design and ideas, but don't know how to program.
Me, i'm just the opposite

I tkink we'll have an other way to use the fans created age. Limiting this the the live itself would limit the possibilites. I see it more like we create stuff on our own server, then, we can submit it to cyan if we think it worthy of being in the live.

I don't think the server idea will be very good.Some people,like you said, are not good in programming things.I think the discription idea is better from thet reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:17 pm 

Oh no, not again ...

Before you start spreading discussing age creation please read the FAQ at http://blog.hurustudio.org/age-creation-faq-info/.

Cyan doesn't need to create an age creation group. The community has already more than enough groups related to age creation (Age Builder, Alcugs, H'uru).

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:21 pm 

Not to flog a dead horse, but it sounds kinda well thought out.
Heck, this is probably what Atrus did when he wrote his "Descriptive Books". Think of it, he wrote them, send them off to the Maker, and the Maker ended up making his ages for him. - With some creative flourishes here and there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:06 pm 

Quote:
Oh no, not again ...

Before you start spreading discussing age creation please read the FAQ at http://blog.hurustudio.org/age-creation-faq-info/.

Cyan doesn't need to create an age creation group. The community has already more than enough groups related to age creation (Age Builder, Alcugs, H'uru).

Those group create ages thet i'm sure will never be available in myst online uru live.What I mean is a group thet describe their ages to cyan,cyan pick one each few months,let him to describe his age and give them some info and they will make the age to look as much as similar to the describe.

You have totaly missed the point of this topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:09 pm 

Fine. Well you've totally missed the point of probability.

Cyan is NOT going to expend THEIR resources to create explorer's ideas for ages. They will continue to make THEIR ages, and if explorers want to create some as well, then they need to either learn the skills or join a group that has them.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:16 pm 

You sounds angry... :shock: :?

Well,why do you think fan's ages ideas won't be good? from all of the ideas people have,there must be one cyan will like.And I said cyan will pick a people after few months they release their age an after the age creation group suggest thier ages,not everytime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:23 pm 

The stranger wrote:
You sounds angry... :shock: :?

Well,why do you think fan's ages ideas won't be good? from all of the ideas people have,there must be one cyan will like.And I said cyan will pick a people after few months they release their age an after the age creation group suggest thier ages,not everytime.

That's not my point.

My point is that even if Cyan likes an age idea that explorers make, they're not going to make it themselves. It'd be a legal nightmare.

And besides, having something like this would get a lot of people exceedingly snarky and bashing people in this group over "elitism". If you don't believe that would happen, take a look at the response to the not-really-powerful-at-all DRC Liaisons. Now imagine: it'd be at least ten times worse if these people had the power to influence the ages Cyan released.

It's just not feasible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I don't think the server idea will be very good.Some people,like you said, are not good in programming things.I think the discription idea is better from thet reason.

That why peaple have to work together, some taking part of the creating aspect, other taking care of the technical part ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:32 pm 

Quote:
My point is that even if Cyan likes an age idea that explorers make, they're not going to make it themselves. It'd be a legal nightmare.

I don't really understand about legal things...it's like a beta test.It's cyan worlds group.Her own group.The ideas are for cyan.Would thet be illegal? :?

Quote:
And besides, having something like this would get a lot of people exceedingly snarky and bashing people in this group over "elitism". If you don't believe that would happen, take a look at the response to the not-really-powerful-at-all DRC Liaisons. Now imagine: it'd be at least ten times worse if these people had the power to influence the ages Cyan released.

This is a problem I can't solve...just when I had a good idea... :(

Quote:
That why peaple have to work together, some taking part of the creating aspect, other taking care of the technical part :wink:

Thet a good idea too-but cyan will have to release a lot of tools to let people make their ideas real...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:34 pm 

Uhhhh..... No.

If Cyan were only to give the legal go-ahead to H'uru, then we could easily have age creation tools relatively quickly (unless I misunderstand).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:37 pm 

H'uru didn't gave ideas for cyan.They just created ages.What I mean is a group thet will give cyan her idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:39 pm 

Sorry, I was unclear. That post was in response to your statement that Cyan needed to release age creation tools... ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next