It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:04 pm 

Quote:
I just read that chatlog too (to get some more backgroud info on Phil Wink) and it's creepy how well it fits in with recent events.

I don't think that either Ahlsendar or Calam is Yeesha's daughter's father. Calam was way too old, and Ahlsendar did things that Yeesha never would tolerate. Phil on the other hand... Laughing

Oh and remember Yeesha's cleft speech? "And I will be concerned with other things..." What if she was pregnant? LOL

I think you just may on to something here!

And did anyone see the Baby Bahro? wonder if there is a connection?

(Another theory; sence the D'ni were into Science, they created and also stopped a phauge. what if this plauge which killed all the terrenee, the great King was locked in the tomb with all the books,

Some of the books were taken out and put in the guild/cult of the great tree and then later it says they were put back into the tomb and was resealed. Someone(s) linked into one, later the books are put back.
(the trojan horse theory here) the great king also could have done this.

That plauge might have mutated with the atsmphere of the age which made like a fountain of youth age for the D'ni.
Or you forget that you can also time travel through linking So yes
the Great king and also Yeesha and others could all be very much alive
Rember the orginal Myst game in the observatory platetarium, you had to line up the dates with the stars? incredible time spans between those dates.

AND then you can not forget that the Bahro can link at will.
The Bahro MUST be kept in check through the stone.
or eles! they will multiply faster than ROACHES!

Really Wacked theory on the orgins of the bahro; The D'ni were working on a fountain of youth drug through gene splicing etc. and the bahro were created out of a failed attempt at this. and like the movie 'The fly' somehow a linking book got fused into the mixture too! lol

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ok i finish my search and i found that the the oldest ages that d'ni can have a child (i am talking about men) and it is written too, is King Solath at the age of 324 and King Lanaren at the age of 342 :shock:
Does anybody know what was the possible Calam's age?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

After searching i found that the fall was about 250 years before and that King Rineref become a Master in Guild of Masters at the age of 90.
Yeesha in her journal of found on Myst 5 is saying that she learned from a Master (Calam).
Supposing that the meet of Yeesha and Calam took place within these 250 years maybe Calam was able to become a father because he could be less than 340 as is the oldest written age of a men capable to be a father.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:36 pm 

Looking at timelines I think Yeesha was born around 70 years after the fall. She left home at the age of 16(?) and some time after that she met Calam. Say that Calam was pretty young when D'ni fell, maybe 30 or 40. That makes him 100, 110 when he met Yeesha and pretty likely. So in theory it works but since he died she had to have had the baby before she made the journey for us and we have no proof of that. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Of course we cant have proves but remember what you wrote earlier 'and I will be concerned with other things' Yeesha's speech.Maybe to grow up and protect her daughter :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:15 pm 

I think that Yeesha must have had her daughter way before we came along and she made journeys for us. Even a full-blooded D'ni woman would have reached menopause long before Yeesha's current age of around 190, and I would be very surprised if her child-bearing years had not passed long ago. The phrase says the daughter of the daughter will "live in peace" not "be born into peace". The peace could very well come later in the daughter's life, and she probably exists now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:30 pm 

My god :shock: - parents often name their children after THEIR parents, or after themselves, right?

So - Cate, from Catherine (Katran)
and - Alexander from Ahlsendar

It is a very strange thought, which gives me the creeps - but it sounds logical to me!

But - if she really is Yeeshas daughter, why does she so not sound like her mother?
Was she raised by humans or something?

My IC-blog for exploration and age building:
http://dniworlds.rabenschwinge.com/blog/wordpress/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:29 am 

Rabenschwinge wrote:
It is a very strange thought, which gives me the creeps - but it sounds logical to me!

Welcome to the club. Have you been asleep or something? This theory has been floating around since Cate first showed up. :)

My theory is that Cate left home to live among us long ago. In the process she became wealthy, and is now gathering funding and working on the Restoration in order to futher Yeesha's goals. Working from the other side, since Yeesha needs people in the Cavern, and a viable Restoration is needed to bring them there. Perhaps Yeesha contacted her and asked for her help when the DRC shut down back in 2004, but it took Cate a couple of years to get her ducks lined up for another try.

We never did find out how Cate learned of the Restoration and became involved with it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:25 am 
Creative Kingdoms

My suggestion about Cate is similar to BrettM's, yet different in tone:
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 416#193416

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:41 am 

I should probably add that Dan'nee was the first one, afaik, to bring up the idea of Cate being Yeesha's daughter. The basic idea isn't mine, just the embellishments. And it might be more fun if JWPlatt's embellishments were closer to the facts. I may have to convert to his church. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:23 am 

BrettM wrote:
Welcome to the club. Have you been asleep or something? This theory has been floating around since Cate first showed up. :)

My theory is that Cate left home to live among us long ago. In the process she became wealthy, and is now gathering funding and working on the Restoration in order to futher Yeesha's goals. Working from the other side, since Yeesha needs people in the Cavern, and a viable Restoration is needed to bring them there. Perhaps Yeesha contacted her and asked for her help when the DRC shut down back in 2004, but it took Cate a couple of years to get her ducks lined up for another try.

We never did find out how Cate learned of the Restoration and became involved with it. :)

Hehe - no, I did recognize the theory, but when I first read it, I thought something like "Oh, surely... Yeeshas daughter." But now I see it in different way, it finally makes sense for me :lol:

But - she is so - down to earth, compared to her mother. Yeesha is more the spiritual person, talking in a very mystical manner, while Cate is very straigtforward and pushing to reach her goals.

I don´t know, if they really work together - or against each other.

My IC-blog for exploration and age building:
http://dniworlds.rabenschwinge.com/blog/wordpress/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2