It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:31 pm 

Actually I don't think a hiatus would be bad for Uru, especially not if Gametap have requested it.

If loadsa people leave? Then Gametap will get a pretty big hint that lots of the Uru lot don't touch the other games and are only paying for Uru and maybe more funding might be nice.
And if loads of people don't leave? Then Cyan gets some time to fill up the pipeline making next season even more UBER!

Its all good :D

Seeker of the journey...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:32 pm 

Does this mean that the international subscribers (those who can't get Gametap) will be continueing to pay a higher subscription rate for NO new content for several months? :shock: :o :cry: Image At least GT subscribers will be getting hundreds of other games to play in the mean time for their lower subscription rate. :?

Please, GD could you PLEASE give some indication of when the 2008 season will start? The wait would not be so bad so long as start time is known, but a responce like "Sometime in the first half of the year" will reduce me to tears :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:32 pm 
Cyan Employee

Samsbase wrote:
Can you confirm or deny anything for 2008 Greydragon... There will BE a season 2 wont there...

Cyan and GameTap would love to have a second season. Like I said before the content schedule for 2008 has yet to be finalized. Both companies are working on the details of the 2008 plan at this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

seems like a terrible buisness decision, they will lose all the subscribers from most of uru (except those of us that are really adamant at keeping up our sparklies) and they will have a hard time getting them back in my eyes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:40 pm 

Latharion wrote:
I am betting that the ep.8 content will be a little light on the ages to allow more time to finish the big finale (Ahnonay) which should come in ep. 9 and MYST island plus K'veer in ep. 10.

I doubt we'll be getting Myst. Myst, to me, seems like a large project that will be in the works for years until we see it. I think we'll be getting K'veer (along with Ahny and the temple) and maybe the spyroom, to finish off the "old" content.

Latharion wrote:
Phil will probably try to create a larger rift between us and the DRC.

Technically, Phil can't cause a rift between us and anyone. We'd have to do it ourselves. :wink:

Latharion wrote:
It looks like we will get to see Phil's relto again.

Or possibly, get a night Relto page (or find some other way to make it night), now that it's confirmed that you don't have to be dead for the sun to set.

Latharion wrote:
I am wondering if we will get to see a different message on the mapboard across from the spyroom!

Or possibly no message at all, it would most likely just look into an empty room, considering the DRC doesn't use the Takota for business anymore.

The spyroom was released for a bit during Beta. Possibly someone that was there can tell you more about it, i know it was a bit different, but I'm not sure how.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

greydragon wrote:
Samsbase wrote:
Can you confirm or deny anything for 2008 Greydragon... There will BE a season 2 wont there...

Cyan and GameTap would love to have a second season. Like I said before the content schedule for 2008 has yet to be finalized. Both companies are working on the details of the 2008 plan at this time.

Thanks for these updates, GD!

I think the simple truth is, to all the people grumbling that Minkata, Jalak, and the Pods aren't "real" ages...this is the answer. If you want new stuff of the caliber of Yeesha's journey and Path of the Shell, you need to give them several months to create it. If the really good stuff could be made in 3 weeks then a lot more people would be doing it.

As long as GT will keep Uru going, I'll be there waiting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think all we are looking for GD is someone to say, dont worry, the plug isn't being pulled... again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:07 pm 

Ichabod_L wrote:
Latharion wrote:
I am betting that the ep.8 content will be a little light on the ages to allow more time to finish the big finale (Ahnonay) which should come in ep. 9 and MYST island plus K'veer in ep. 10.

I doubt we'll be getting Myst. Myst, to me, seems like a large project that will be in the works for years until we see it. I think we'll be getting K'veer (along with Ahny and the temple) and maybe the spyroom, to finish off the "old" content.

Latharion wrote:
Phil will probably try to create a larger rift between us and the DRC.

Technically, Phil can't cause a rift between us and anyone. We'd have to do it ourselves. :wink:

Latharion wrote:
It looks like we will get to see Phil's relto again.

Or possibly, get a night Relto page (or find some other way to make it night), now that it's confirmed that you don't have to be dead for the sun to set.

Latharion wrote:
I am wondering if we will get to see a different message on the mapboard across from the spyroom!

Or possibly no message at all, it would most likely just look into an empty room, considering the DRC doesn't use the Takota for business anymore.

The spyroom was released for a bit during Beta. Possibly someone that was there can tell you more about it, i know it was a bit different, but I'm not sure how.

If we see the spyroom, it WILL have a use, otherwise why would they bother to introduce it. It's original TPOTS (or was it to D'ni... I have the CC version so to me they are the same) use was to transition the player from the main game to Kirel, where he would discover bahro stones leading to the various city locations currently that appear in our Nexus. The message on the board opened the eggroom in Kirel that led to said bahro stones.

While Phil doesn't control us, he does have quite a bit of sway in many people's eyes. That has the possibility of creating a nice rift between the DRC guild followers and the Yeesha followers. It could lead to a nice "choose your path" kind of thing.

The nighttime relto is most likely Phil's but I bet we get a page there that will give us the same effect. I betcha that would explain why he had a twilight relto in the first place.

When I mentioned MYST being the final age for the year, I was referring to the library portion of it (in TPOTS this was the final destination of our journey (sort of)). The evidence for this includes that nifty message portion in Kadish vault 2, and (from a metagame standpoint) it would make a nice season ending for the old content. This would effectively close the book on the old stuff, allowing them to create a bunch of all new content.

Last edited by Latharion on Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:28 pm 

Latharion wrote:
When I mentioned MYST being the final age for the year, I was referring to the library portion of it (in TPOTS this was the final destination of our journey (sort of)). The evidence for this includes that nifty message portion in Kadish vault 2, and (from a metagame standpoint) it would make a nice season ending for the old content. This would effectively close the book on the old stuff, allowing them to create a bunch of all new content.

However, there's many different Myst islands we could have. We could simply have a fast-released "TPotS-style" library. Or we could wait a while, and get a "Cyan-style" island which looks like how it did in realMYST and Myst V. Or we could hold out for a long time and actually for once in our lives and get to see the "real" Myst Island, which is what I'm holding out for.

I'm still skeptical on the note having a library code, however, if it did, we're getting it rather slowly, don't you think? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:30 pm 

GreyDragon said
Quote:

Guess now's the time to start speculating/feature requesting things for '08.

/me starts writing up a feature request for Conga Dancing Bahro at the New Year's Party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:31 pm 

Hamsta wrote:
raistlin75 wrote:
or do you think this will result in a lot of GameTap accounts cancelled?

Of course it will:
Hamsta wrote:
And there can not be a "gap" of more than one Month between this season and the next, because nobody (and yeah, I'm only talking about the european subscribers here) is going to pay money for nothing (remember: GameTap is officially not availiable outside the USA and Canada).

I still don't get the TV analogy. As I understand the TV-Production process it is:
- writing
- shooting
- showing/analyzing the ratings
- decision to produce another season
- writing

And in MOUL it is:
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8471

It wasn't an analogy, really. I was just saying that the only other place I've ever heard the term "season finale" was in reference to television seasons, and that they normally are followed by breaks of varying lengths without "new content."

It's hard to tell these days, really, because the networks have wised up and started having their seasons start and end at different times than used to be the norm. It used to be that around the end of May all the TV network shows would have their season finales. Then the entire summer would be nothing but reruns. And then around Labor Day or shortly after the new seasons would start. Now their all over the place with their start and end times, but the basic structure is still there. Of course, I'm remembering a time when there wasn't 3 zillion channels to choose from...in hi def...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:35 pm 

MustardJeep wrote:
GreyDragon said
Quote:

Guess now's the time to start speculating/feature requesting things for '08.

/me starts writing up a feature request for Conga Dancing Bahro at the New Year's Party.

We wouldn't need fireworks. Isn't that was BrettM and Zardoz are already doing in their silos? We could just see the explosions from the shore! Ooooo, pretty boomy pellets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:03 pm 

J'ffrey wrote:
as i posted in another thread

Noverber - no content except spark
December - no content except spark and santa hat
January 2008 - no content
February - Maybe something, but don't hold your breath

disappointed to say the least.

It's not going to be a gap in content, but a gap in the story. Now, will we get a new Age? Of course not, but we'll still get sparks, new clothing, maybe some new Bahro stones. Who knows, depending on how the season-finale goes, maybe the Bahro will be a permanent fixture of the cavern and we get to spend the break trying to communicate with them.

The point is, the sky is not falling.

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:14 pm 

I'd rather compare URU to Doctor Who, both have a following of loyal fans, both have been shut down on the whim of someone else (the head of the BBC in the late 80's apparently didn't like sci-fi), both have been kept alive though other means (Doctor Who though the still ongoing "Big Finish" Radio series, which I'd higly recomned BTW, and URU though expantions, the forums and UU) and both have made sucsessful combacks! :D

And of couse, both have a facinating backstory basied on a race of long-lived people with unique abilitys and technology. And a rather stagnant and pompus class system but thats another matter. :lol:

Last edited by Stellaflora on Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

greydragon wrote:
The Season Finale for Myst Online: Uru Live, which recently updated its content scheduling to follow GameTap’s successful episodic format, is currently scheduled for late October

I don't quite understand what you were trying to say here... do you mean that the change to episodic format was Gametap's idea, and Cyan needs to change their schedule to fit it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next