It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:25 pm 

The Guild meeting today has been cancelled due to general apathy. I'll reschedule if anyone is interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
:shock: I was just getting ready to go into the cavern to attend, but stopped here to confirm the meeting time & place. So, maybe there are others like me who didn't think to post a reply about their intention to attend. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:02 pm 

Sorry about having to cancel the meeting. Tai'lahr it looks like you would have been the only attendee.

There is interest in the Guild though as I have been getting PMs from various people.

Everyone, if you are interested in meeting to discuss this Guild, please post here and say so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:09 pm 

Oh yes. Interest, indeed.

We have much to discuss. Although a public meeting would not be my preference.

Perhaps there is a quiet corner in a private Eder Delin where we might find the many ways we can .. help one another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:45 am 

This is my first post here, but I, and others, have been lurking for, well... a very long time.

subumbra, your ideas for this Guild are inspired. At last someone is addressing the idea of the practical development of the game. In my opinion what you are proposing, if executed properly, could be the single most valuable resource in the game. Don't be discouraged if people don't quite get this at first. Your concept is novel, but practical, and attaches high value to vision and imagination. This is a positive thing.

Lots of people will want to be here. They just probably don't know it yet.

Having said that, I cannot see myself taking part directly in the GoId. My own group's activities would prevent this. I wish you the best of luck and will watch your progress with interest. We all will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:51 pm 

I have to say, now that I have a better understanding of what you mean, I think you have an interesting idea. While it's true that the Guild of Writers will also accomplish a couple of the Guild of Ideas' goals such as story, puzzle, and feature concepts (albeit in the context of implementing them into created ages), your general scope of the entire structure of URU Live could be a great way to get suggestions from the people to the people who have power to make these changes.

I'm more interested in IC work and in the Guild of Writers, but I'll definitely be watching out and lending any assistance I can manage in the future.

Go GoI!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:16 pm 

Actually, I think the notion of making a place to collect the best minds in D'ni together to brainstorm is brilliant. If you can get over the "NYAF" (Not Yet Another Forum) hurdle ....

The best thing about this concept is that is is self-replicating, self-expanding. You get people together for the purpose of expanding on ideas, and the purpose of the group will grow as those members find new things to think about.

For example, The Cavern Today podcast has been offered a 2 hour spot every week on Uru Radio. But coming up with 2 hours of material every week, instead of 1 hour every month, has proven to be a bit of a thinker. Wouldn't it be cool if we could stroll over to the GoId and say, "Please, Mr. Wizard, can you suggest some ideas?" If it was a think-tank where individuals or groups could go to seek solutions to specific problems, it would be very useful.

Sort of like Benjamin Franklin's Junto -- a group of fellow businessmen who met each week to discuss politics, ethics, and buisiness, and who together formed one of the first public lending libraries in America.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am happy to see this talk of the Guilds. I am a visual artist, but also interested in storytelling, creating ages, etc. Probably all of these categories overlap in some ways, but that's okay, even good.

I was a member of the Guild Of Artisans Neighborhood in prologue and in UU and in MOUL. L'yssa is the one who started that, but to my knowledge there have been no meetings or anything for a long time. Sorry you had to cancel the meeting, but I'll keep watching for the next one. Is there any central thread where everyone is posting their meeting times so that a person doesn't have to go through all the threads to find them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:45 pm 

Good idea for the Meeting Thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:21 pm 

Aeris wrote:
Sorry you had to cancel the meeting, but I'll keep watching for the next one. Is there any central thread where everyone is posting their meeting times so that a person doesn't have to go through all the threads to find them?

People have tried this before. The problem is that once the thread gets big, you're pretty much where you are now. Also not everyone will post meetings on the thread, so you still end up searching.

When the time comes for a GoId meeting, I will post it here AND on a separate thread. The meeting probably won't happen until after the next episode.

I am now working on the GoId site. It will be up in a few days and I'll let you all know here.

Montgomery wrote:
For example, The Cavern Today podcast has been offered a 2 hour spot every week on Uru Radio. But coming up with 2 hours of material every week, instead of 1 hour every month, has proven to be a bit of a thinker. Wouldn't it be cool if we could stroll over to the GoId and say, "Please, Mr. Wizard, can you suggest some ideas?" If it was a think-tank where individuals or groups could go to seek solutions to specific problems, it would be very useful.

Great idea! Exactly how I see one aspect of the Guild working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:18 am 
Obduction Backer

I can see how it would be hard to keep that organized, or to get everyone to post there. I have since found that Lial keeps a cavern calendar at http://forums.guildofgreeters.com/index.php?act=calendar; and there is a stickied Events Announcement thread in the General Discussion section here at MOUL forums, at http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9263 I'll be checking both of those places, as well as individual threads as I can. I'm still thinking of putting a thread for Guild meetings in this section (the Guild section).

Edit: I sent a note to Whitch2 about the possibility of putting up a sticky thread for guild meetings in the Guild section that would work like the Announcements Thread in the Discussion Section. She is going to check it out and get back to us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:55 pm 

The charter of this Guild fits better with my philosophies than the GoW seems to.

Where do I sign up?

D'nn (dmuk)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:34 am 

dmuk wrote:
The charter of this Guild fits better with my philosophies than the GoW seems to.

Where do I sign up?

Stay tuned. I'll be announcing the GoId site in the next day or so. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Great idea for a guild! It looks like you have lots of good ideas.

Does this fit into your vision? I was wondering - the changes you propose (interesting concepts) are all changes that have to be implemented by, as far as I can tell, someone, such as Cyan. You'll be doing analysis and putting in recommendations for changes, along with other people. I assume that other people will still be posting about stuff and submitting requests for enhancements. I think that's good - requests for changes will come from lots of other places, including this excellent guild!

While you are waiting for things to change - I was wondering - would you perhaps be doing such things as events? Perhaps some way to introduce something interesting in the game? Just wondering. The thing about all these guilds - some of this stuff seems to be stuff you do outside the game, instead of in the game. That's OK for lots of people - they like it. Me, I'm looking for stuff to do in the game.

My vote for changes would be on my customization tools within the game, not something where you have to become a game developer. But that's me, and I don't even know if that's possible. Generally, if you want extensive player customization tools, it's part of the game design.

Anyway - just a couple of thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:53 pm 

mszv wrote:
Does this fit into your vision? I was wondering - the changes you propose (interesting concepts) are all changes that have to be implemented by, as far as I can tell, someone, such as Cyan. You'll be doing analysis and putting in recommendations for changes, along with other people. I assume that other people will still be posting about stuff and submitting requests for enhancements. I think that's good - requests for changes will come from lots of other places, including this excellent guild!

Thank you. :) We plan to make suggestions for Cyan AND suggestions for Explorers, but most importantly suggestions on how Cyan can better utilise the skills of the community for the benefit of all.

mszv wrote:
While you are waiting for things to change - I was wondering - would you perhaps be doing such things as events? Perhaps some way to introduce something interesting in the game? Just wondering. The thing about all these guilds - some of this stuff seems to be stuff you do outside the game, instead of in the game. That's OK for lots of people - they like it. Me, I'm looking for stuff to do in the game.

While the formulation of some of our ideas will take considerable time outside the game, the ideas themselves will ALL be for use in the game itself.

mszv wrote:
My vote for changes would be on my customization tools within the game, not something where you have to become a game developer. But that's me, and I don't even know if that's possible. Generally, if you want extensive player customization tools, it's part of the game design.

Please join the Guild mszv when the site launches and submit your ideas. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next