It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

That sounded excellent. It's a pity I was on a plane when it was taking place. :? Oh, well.

Robert, I sort of agree with you. I think that we need more than simply a forum before we get going. At least some sort of front page as well. However, I don't think that we need FTP storage at this point. We still need to get "organized".

Someone just needs to *make* the website, whether it be Paradox (who hypothetically owns GuildOfWriters.org) or otherwise. The sooner the better.

Great to see progress being made. I hope I can make it to the next meeting.

Dovahn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:25 pm 

Well, if you'll read what people think based on my meeting, we all think that now is the time for action, and that the first step is to get a forum running. So...there you go. We can work on other stuff later. I'm going on what I heard at the meeting and what I've heard personally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:56 pm 

We can build the forums now, and then once the website is ready, put a link to the forums on the website itself.

Also...great meeting by the way, very informative and helpful. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:36 am 
Obduction Backer

In this thread, we voted to use the Myst Online Guilds forums for discussing the Guild of Writers until we find a home for the unofficial GoW.

If people want to come forth and offer their sites as a candidate home for the unofficial GoW, that's great. But I think we should be able to select the most suitable candidate from a list of choices, rather than being told which place to use.

If you like, I can start a new thread for folks to nominate their sites, where they can list what they have available, what the server specs are, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:58 am 
Obduction Backer

Well, I think we need someone to make a website. If we use a voting thing like you're describing, we'll get a slew of under-qualified websites that don't meet our needs (which have been pretty meticulously stated). So if someone with "high bearing" in the GoW (and we can't pretend there aren't people in that position) wants to make a website that suits our needs to a T, I think that would be the best plan.

Dovahn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:31 am 

Sorry I wasn't able to be at the meeting, I got called in to work :(

Robert, I don't think that Kato is suggesting that we switch to a different forum right away. I'm working with Kato and with a few other groups and we're trying to get some details worked out before we do anything major. You wouldn't believe how much discussion you can have about which forum software is better, or whether SVN is better than FTP :shock:

I'm glad that the meeting went well, hopefully I can be around for any future meetings that we might have. :)

Last edited by Paradox on Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:20 am 
Obduction Backer

I was the one who jumped in and said "What's the action item?" (Yes, management-speak, and on purpose even...) I didn't intend to step on toes or rush things, but I also didn't want everyone to go home thinking "That was nice, but we're not any closer to making things happen."

I am glad Paradox is making things happen, and sad that he wasn't at the meeting to tell us that fact. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the clarification, Paradox.

*whew*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think that having a Wiki would be an excellent way to list documentation, current projects, propose projects, discuss stuff, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:58 pm 

arg, I just now saw this topic...I would have attended the meeting if I had known. *sigh*

~Kia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:40 pm 

Unfortunately I cannot be there. I have been unable to log into Uru for over a month. Do not know what the problem is so I am unable to fix it. I have just been working on my age as a seperate entity. Will try again later to get back into D;ni. Wish me luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Good Luck!

I would suggest that you call game support. I know that my video card is no longer supported (by our lovely game providers) and it now takes me about 1/2 an hour to log into URU. This just happened one day (about a month ago) without warning. Good Luck, but without any further information, I would say this is a likely culpret.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2