It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:09 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:01 pm 

Tho we know little for sure about the Bahor as a species, what their underlying and main behavior pattern groups may be, etc. it is true for humans that victims of abuse, both personal and intra generatioonal display intriguing and paradoxical responses, often conflicting and simultaneous dual and opposite response cycles, such as avoidance and dependency, aggression and passivity. Hence such anomalous responses within a species as Good Bahro and Bad Bahro are not all that much of a surprise to an anthropologist or behaviorally oriented scientist and there are some scientists from such fields and backgrounds among us here whose feedback will be very interesting.

Repressed angst and pain and fear can emerge either in overall patterns of behavior or in a burst, ar cathexis or sudden burst of rage or anger, and certainly not for just humans.

And we should remember that because the Bahro have some mamalian characteristics, bilateral symetry, i.e. two arms, legs, vaguely human shape, are tool users and possibly have a social or tribal associative grouping "tribal" order...... and some form of communication and symbolizing ability does NOT mean they will neccesarily have human interests or welfare as a motivatoin or goal in their own actions or thougths.

The only group of Bahro I have personally observed was a small "pack" of three or four in number and there were indicatoins that there was one "leader" or apha "pack" member who gave a variant of "command" gestures, and also a territorial or imperative "command" gesture to me, the observer. So there is a potential, based on this very sllim amount of field data, to consider that there are higher order levels of behavior possible among the Bahro, including a "regression" to more primal levels of behavior (i.e. back to the law of the jungel.......the renegade or wild Bahro) and a socialized and more highly developed Good Bahro.....though at this point all of this is as I say based on just a very few observations and extrapolations. More remains to be seen. Hopefully the resources of the D'ni Zoological Society and other experienced or interested explorers will be able to bring to bear thought and discussion on these points.

One final point, the glyphs, and drawings found in some of the ages such as Eder Kemo, one image at the dead end of the sewer or drain pipe in Teledahn, which are supposed to be by the Bahro (I not yet observed one making any such markings but will remain open to that theory) indicate a Phase III or higher ability to observe and image from that observation complex concepts and idiations concering their surroundings and the D'ni culture and technology. It is unclear to me to what degree the Bahro may be aware of and able to manipulate or "operate" any elements of the linking process and related matters. So much around all of that remains to be observed, quantified and discussed.

It is clear that we must remain very cautious and vigilant in the presence of any Bahro we encounter. Very cautious indeed.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:11 pm 

This is all very interesting!

I still think that Esher may be involved but do I agree that it may be much more complex than this. One problem I have with the Esher theory is that

[spoiler]at the end of MV - EoA he was taken away by the Bahro. Did they imprison him? Did he escape? What happened to him?[/spoiler]

Of course this assumes that MOUL is happening post MV - EoA. I think that is what I have read in earlier posts here and over at UO. If anyone can clarify that point for me I would be grateful.

If you think you understand quantum mechanics,
then you haven't been paying attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:31 pm 

aras wrote:
Of course this assumes that MOUL is happening post MV - EoA. I think that is what I have read in earlier posts here and over at UO. If anyone can clarify that point for me I would be grateful.

EoA is a fictional account (with artistic license) on Cyan's part. It did indeed happen in 2005, i.e. before MO:UL (which is happening right now), but after Uru: ABM (in 2003), and, of course, long after Myst I through IV (early 1800s). It did not happen quite the way it was depicted, however. Exactly which parts are true and which are exaggerated, misrepresented or completely false is mostly unknown at this point.

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:40 pm 

Huh! Well thanks for that. Clears up a few assumptions that I have been making. Such as... Esher may not even exist in MOUL.

If you think you understand quantum mechanics,
then you haven't been paying attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:53 pm 

SillyEagle wrote:
Geez.. gone for four measly hours and BAM!! Drama! :lol:

This seems to explain why 1 second, that Bahro was *clearly* helping and protecting Wheely... then in the next breath... ugliness. :cry:

Another one [or several] linked in and killed her. :cry:

I'm with the person who said it didn't seem safe in Negilahn anymore.. crack or no crack.. they don't need one! YIKES! :shock:

I still think this thing is effecting ALL Bahro. Dual personality. Their unity symbol corrupted, they can be good one moment and rip you to shreds the next........It's all about the symbols folks. Look at the Bahro tablet......nothing but symbols. The tablet is nothing, it's what is chiseled in the stone that effects them.

"Live together, die alone." - Jack Sheppard, LOST
KI# 00265224
Humble member of the Unbound Hearts of D'ni

http://vormaen.deviantart.com/
For scraps by me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:57 pm 

I agree with the differant levels of devolopment or from where they came from is what they know and how they act.
The Ones that have been enslaved for 10,000 years by the terahnee
because the were 'the Unseen' were left unchecked, so their numbers grew to the point were they over took their captors and killed them all, and sence they do not know much because they were never taught naturaly think any terahnee or person that looks like their captors would be on their black list, (mainly the D'ni)

The other faction of bahro are the more civalised normal bahro which were from Nobelen, they were the
ones who have been treated not as bad as the terahnee bahro were.
It is quite possible that they actualy choase
to serve and to teach unrestrained and the watcher and grower and a ahndfull of D'ni knew about them.

Think how long it took our troops to recover after they came back from WW2 and other wars IRL.
Then throw in; and you did not know that the war was already over when you got back home. ( a possible thought in the minds of the vengeful bahro )

There are questions about the rosetta stone;
It was said that it is in many places at once! BIG clue here but it deadends with many theorys.

The Bahro also made the stones Escher said by mipulating the art
to their linking technology or ability. or with this clue the above clue
says that the Bahro ARE definatly far far more advanced than any D'ni
Art or skill. Yeesha even said that she broke all the boundries
she beat all of D'ni best age writers etc. with the knowlage she gained from learning from what the bahro taught her.

Im beginning to think that freeing them in Myst5 was a mistake.

there are questions to to this; because in a 'bad ending' you set the stone in the cradle escher has set up on the hut, and then escher leaves you trapped on myst island. not trapped because you could just go in and write something on the stone and get out.

If I kept the stone not give it either of them then it would go back to the main holder in the bubble.

But what acautly is the freeing of the bahro REALLY ABOUT?
Yeesha has NEVER told us that part of it. has she? o_O
(well in M5 you get a very short answer if you can call it that, in the good ending of the game. that only explaines that the only way to have her family forgivin is freeing the bahro , This just does NOT make any sence at all to me with everything that has happened even if I didn't know anything about the bahro It still would not be right because Yeesha is just using the bahro still to get her way without reguard for anything eles.

I think,
The rosetta stone is a communacation and teaching device.
Myst3 was a teaching age, so like the rosettastone in M5.
I the freeing did not really 'free' the bahro as what we think of freeing.
But as a test as to what kind of person you are. ( also like sereniea M4
when you were told to put your hand on the cloth by the seers)
If you were judged as a worthy person then you would get to link to releashon. ( season 2 )

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:43 am 
Obduction Backer

Wait, so you think there's three bahro types?
The terahnee's unseen bahro are not the same ones that are roaming about, and are the self-linking ants. Different species entirely.

I still think the simplest explanation is what is suggested. There's 2 sides, not by any force or mind control or experimentation or anything, but instead by ideological differences, be them over what we are, what to do about us, or simply what to do with themselves. At least 2 mind you. There's probably also shades like any group, and it's the extremists who attacked, and not the other ones, who might agree but think the actions were extreme. We just dunno.

Esher was a composite likely, I've heard as much put forward, and put it forward myself. He was apparently based upon the survivor that was canonically there (according to Laxman) but we have no clue how much based or how accurate he is (no one has said and Cyan probbly wants us to find out) so the games can't be used as a fact, only a base for theories. And shaky ones based on multiple guesses.

I'm gonna stick to ideologies... it just makes sense that you get any two independent intelligent fully-cognitive thinking creatures together, and they're gonna have differences of opinion. And it's not a stretch to make it go to arguments.. and in groups outright warfare. It's a bit egotistical to figure we're the only ones who'd do it... I figure Cyan might just think the same.. after all they seem to be saying via characters that yes, they are indeed at war.

Freeing them wasn't our call. It happened according to Cyan's plotline, or didn';t need to happen and the game was fiction. Or something else. It doesn't really matter, because the game events are non-canon until shown otherwise. We'll see in the end.

Bah, I think Cyan took a gamble putting themselves into Uru as explicitly as they did, moreso not just as Cyan the company who made games based on Catherine's journals, but instead as the one who somehow used a crystal ball to figure out stuff and make a game based on stuff the DRC doesn't even know about in the slightest. If the DRC had said "Myst 5? What's that? They made a 5th Myst game? Thought they were working on that Latus stuff" we'd have figured M5 to be non-canon and been surprised and pleased when stuff showed up.. but not expecting every little bit of it to suddenly be real and when proven not still twist our minds to try to make it real.

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:02 pm 

The Barho from terahnee are a human species.
Not the bahro we know today. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:19 pm 

CrisGer wrote:
higher order levels of behavior possible among the Bahro, including a "regression" to more primal levels of behavior (i.e. back to the law of the jungel.......the renegade or wild Bahro) and a socialized and more highly developed Good Bahro.....though at this point all of this is as I say based on just a very few observations and extrapolations. More remains to be seen. Hopefully the resources of the D'ni Zoological Society and other experienced or interested explorers will be able to bring to bear thought and discussion on these points.

One final point, the glyphs, and drawings found in some of the ages such as Eder Kemo, one image at the dead end of the sewer or drain pipe in Teledahn, which are supposed to be by the Bahro (I not yet observed one making any such markings but will remain open to that theory) indicate a Phase III or higher ability to observe and image from that observation complex concepts and idiations concering their surroundings and the D'ni culture and technology. It is unclear to me to what degree the Bahro may be aware of and able to manipulate or "operate" any elements of the linking process and related matters. So much around all of that remains to be observed, quantified and discussed.

It is clear that we must remain very cautious and vigilant in the presence of any Bahro we encounter. Very cautious indeed.

One might well wish to meet some socialized and more highly developed humans in the cavern. It is clear that we must remain very cautious in the presence of any human we encounter. "Highly" developed? What a notion. Highly. I am seriously taken aback. Highly?
Highly hoghly. Enoughly. Oh noughly.
Bighly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:38 am 

3 factions of Bahro;

1. the Terahnee Bahro
2. the Nobelan Bahro
3. the D'ni Bahro (ones in the cavern)

Phil has said alot about the bahro already.
so has Yeesha and Shraper.

By taking in all of what they have said 3 factions of Bahro
are revieled. (I know some of the things said could be taken differantly)

and for the fact that it is very true in how one acts, believes and does,
is caused by the inviroment you grow up in. same for the Bahro.

there also maybe differances in appearance too as adapting to their surroundings. (and there ARE differances ) asp. with the way
they sound, and you will know if its an evil one or not, I have heard the evil ones and their screatch could will straighten every hair you got on your body! thats for sure RROFL actualy not a laughing matter.

Phil had said last episode that there were dark skys over rehtionahn
(spelling) sky darkened with millions of bahro flying over head , prolly linking in and out as they went. there are alot of Noblean Bahro
and alot of Terahnee Bahro but very few D'ni Cavern bahro.

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3