It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:35 pm 

The music player! What a great idea! Go to the Guild of Messengers 'hood, click on some little thingy there, and get a new sound file to play back home in Relto! News, a little story, recorded dialogue, things of that sort. They could be dated, or something. Maybe notes pinned to the board in the Classroom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:14 pm 

ghaelen said:

Quote:
I would like to see a network of teachers available to help new people learn how to use the tools available for communication in the cavern. The Guild of Greeters do that in a way already, but their work could be supplemented by the Guild of Messengers whose membership might have more specific knowledge about the imagers, KIMail, music player, voice chat. How to use them, what tools work best for what messages, and so on.

This might be a good use of the Beginner's Bevin with orientations on a schedule like the ResEng's do. The Greeters could point new explorers that way if they had an orientation schedule available (obviously, anyone who has the knowlege and desire to teach would be welcome to do this :P )

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:03 am 

OK, I have no idea how this could be accomplished but I think that is probably the best reason to throw it out for discussion. I would like to find some way to get updated on what has been going on w/out having to leave the cavern. I think I spend two to three times as much time on forums as I do in the cavern these days. If CYAN counts everytime some one logs into the game I know that I would double or triple my log ins if I could get the info I want in the cavern. If I just have a little time to catch up due to real life I find myself not even logging in to URU but just going through the forums & skipping the cavern all together. Some thing about that just doesn't seem right :? When I am in the cavern if there is a lot of buzz going on I am just likely to switch over and go read the forums. If we have to leave the cavern to find out what is occuring in the cavern something just ain't right!!!! :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:21 am 

I, and I think most others, agree there rnjrowl. The very well developed 'messaging' culture we have in the cavern has really only failed to reach one place; the cavern itself (except of course, for those brave few. Relayers, Mike Fitz' UAN, etc)

There isn't a whole lot we can do about that, and we can't really match the stellar efforts made out of the cavern, at least, not with the current tools.

I assume Cyan has something up their sleeves, since they put forward the GoM idea in the first place. I'm thinking that once they officially start the Guilds, they'll pull a rabbit out of the hat?

Am I right guys?? :cry: :wink:

For the moment, we have to make do with the tools we have available (as several people on this forum are trying to do)

Old MOUL KI: 13986530
MOULa KI: 02058741

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:32 pm 

rnjrowl, a group of us are working on that problem right now. Obviously the best solutions can't be accomplished with current in-game limitations, but we're going to do the best we can with what we have.

Thanks for taking the time to post! This is exactly the kind of feedback we need. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:55 am 
Obduction Backer

I would like to "Get the Messenge out" concerning URU, it's possibilities and it's future.

Check out my ARG thread in "Suggestions".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:14 am 

Yes sadly in general the cavern has been off limits for effectively spreading news. It can be done but usually only with great labor and staff as the relayers can attest to and some mediums wont carry over at all. I've mulled that problem over at TCT many times but always reach the same point the staffing currently required to do that would be prohibitively high currently. So it is my hope that Cyan will give us the tools eventually to be able to do it reasonably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm still hoping for the day when I can run URU Radio broadcasts into the cavern with no external link :S alas it is not yet so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:39 pm 

I think we should gather as many ideas as we can, then write a formal proposal for Cyan to consider as they are developing the Guild system.

I'm envisioning a proposal of the same nature you would use in a business situation, consisting of:

Request:
Reason:
Benefit:

(repeat as necessary)

We could get as many explorers to sign it as we could, then submit it via Reteltee OR feature request. We wouldn't neccessarily get all of our requests, but it would indicate that we are thinking as a community and that we have thought through specific solutions to the community's needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:47 am 

Woudln't suprise me if they've already got a lot of this stuff planned.

But what the hey! We can send a thank you note along with our suggestions, just to make them feel happy!! :D

And maybe prompt them to look more kindly on our suggestions as well ;)

Old MOUL KI: 13986530
MOULa KI: 02058741

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:38 pm 

Request: Access to the classroom imager, or something similar in the city.

Reason: To post upcoming and recurring explorer based events

Benefit: It gives explorers a chance to find out what activities are scheduled to happen in the cavern, while they are in the cavern. It would give explorers an opportunity and place to find out what is happening, which would encourage them to come to the cavern more often instead of skipping the cavern to read the forums to find out what sheduled when.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:51 pm 

I agree there funny enough I mentioned something very much like this on sam's radio program on the guilds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:25 am 

Well guys, I see a need and as a group(GoMe), I would like for us to fill that need.

Today had a meeting of the 5 Guilds and unfortunately only 3 guilds were represented(GoMe was also a no show). So the explorers in the cavern were not aware of this important meeting.

The good news is that in two weeks there is a second meeting:
In Kirel
On Saturday
October 13th
1400 KI time (4pmEST, 8pm GMT)

I would love it if as a whole, the GoMe could make this meeting a success. Every supporters is free to spread the word as they choose but if would be nice to have something of a larger scale and larger scale means more people involved. So who is up for the challenge? I think it's time that the various GoMe groups(and single explorers) come together to achieve a single task ;)

"When you want your message out in the cavern, use the Guild of Messengers."

Andros KI: #265443 Kalypso Ki: #5962956

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2