It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:26 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:59 am 

Quote:
Look at the ages they've made, the work they've done for their intentions.

I think that is a great idea!!! Umm......so where do we see these age exactly? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:11 am 

To me the folks that have this forum up have demonstrated the most leadership and dedication to the guild as it would stand.

I would think that since Cyan will be looking for the most dedicated people to run the guild, I think these folks would certainly get the nod to go ahaid and run with it. Imagine if Cyan said the guild would be run by people that arent dedicated.......

That is not to say that they would definitely run it, there is plenty of time to get involved.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:26 am 
Obduction Backer

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know you all will :lol: ), but was a major thread of this thread over the past day something like this?

Ushgarak wrote:
...the thread title is entirely misleading and could lead to people feeling this is the official Guild.

Paradox wrote:
This is the official Guild at this point.

MustardJeep wrote:
Four years of constant hacking and tweaking on CC and UU; Their about as Official as it gets Community side, all they lack is the Official Cyan Nod.

The Noble Robot wrote:
Agreed, but it's still not enumerated who "they" are.

Tweek wrote:
/they/ are the community.

???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:34 am 

Goodness, why don't you just join them and then it could be official for you too. Bet their doors are open if you just approach them in a slightly easier manner.

(I warned about the pre stuff too... I know- you just wanted to be nice...)

"Always consider the Whole, Atrus. Always look at the interrelatedness of things and remember the 'whole' of one thing is always just a part of something else, something larger." wisely spoken by Anna- "The Book of Atrus"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:26 pm 

I am still waiting on a response on where we can see these fan created ages.!!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well this is the only shot (aside from a panorama) of one Age called Ahra Pahts.

Ahra Pahts is a community Age project, builders can opt to take ownership of "shells" within the Ahra Pahts city. They can build on these plots of land then have them imported into the Age for others to walk around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:49 pm 

Thanks for the screen shot Tweek! Ahra Pahts is most impressive! For many of us who are new to URU have never seen the fan created ages let alone was aware they could even be created. It is obvious now these groups of age creators/builders have been around for sometime and now have merged together taking the initiative to start the GOW (official or not). I don't have any issue for experience age creators to lead the guild however I think it is important to not assume the rest of us know who YOU are. Most of us don't!

My request is a simple one. Like any leader you should introduce yourselves, list your skills and show us YOUR work. It might make this process a little more easier. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Emor D'ni Lap wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know you all will :lol: ), but was a major thread of this thread over the past day something like this?

Ushgarak wrote:
...the thread title is entirely misleading and could lead to people feeling this is the official Guild.

Paradox wrote:
This is the official Guild at this point.

MustardJeep wrote:
Four years of constant hacking and tweaking on CC and UU; Their about as Official as it gets Community side, all they lack is the Official Cyan Nod.

The Noble Robot wrote:
Agreed, but it's still not enumerated who "they" are.

Tweek wrote:
/they/ are the community.

???

That's exactly how it went, good recap! Confusing, isn't it?

I for one am excited that "they" finally made some movement on this, and I'd follow them to the end of the earth/cavern, but for christsakes, let's see a list of names!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Don't mistake my demand for enumeration as some attack on this website or its (still technically anonymous) founders. I'm a big supporter of both.

But we NEED to do this right. I'm sorry Tweek, but "They are the community" is not going to cut it, especially since the GoW website doesn't even go that far!!

KI#01165421
Hey! Visit The Jalak Registry, the source for all things Jalak. Yes, it's still open!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:50 pm 

I still don't understand why people have to give out their ideas for us to "accept" them. Instead of demanding it from them, go check out the "introduce yourself" section in the Writers forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:28 pm 

Quote:
I still don't understand why people have to give out their ideas for us to "accept" them.

Wait..I thought these ages was for the community!! So what you are implying is if you are not in the GOW you won't be able to see what they created! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:53 pm 

:shock: That will not be the case!

The GoW will build the Ages in a 3D Modeling program and export them for Uru. The GoMa will beta test the Ages and make sure that they are safe for release. The public then gets access to the Ages.

That's the general idea of the process, but things will depend on how the GoMa organizes itself, how Cyan wants Ages distributed, and interaction with other Guilds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Whilyam wrote:
I still don't understand why people have to give out their ideas for us to "accept" them. Instead of demanding it from them, go check out the "introduce yourself" section in the Writers forum.

All I want is a page on the site which explains who runs the site and that it is a community-run effort. It doesn't need to be literally called "unofficial" or anything, but there's absolutely nothing on the site which explains what it is, who runs it, or the context of its creation.

New users have to find this out for themselves, usually by wasting time asking it in the forum, and so far, nothing in forum actually gives them that information.

I am in full support of this site as the home of the official GoW, and I fully support the people who built and run it (although part of my point is that I honestly I don't completely know for sure who that includes!), but even for those who are interested and actively wish to investigate who runs the site, there is only one "global moderator," whose screen name is "Guild of Writers!"

The people who I assume to be running the site are listed merely as "registered users."

This is NOT the way to earn the respect of the community at large.

Is there any argument for keeping these identities a secret?

KI#01165421
Hey! Visit The Jalak Registry, the source for all things Jalak. Yes, it's still open!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:47 pm 

The Noble Robot wrote:
The people who I assume to be running the site are listed merely as "registered users."

This is NOT the way to earn the respect of the community at large.

Is there any argument for keeping these identities a secret?

Is there really a reason? I'm not saying they MUST, but really who cares? The community should respect others for the work they do and the work they do with others, in my opinion. Not just because they started a site, or they manage it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ladies and Gentlemen (I think),

Please note that every time anyone tries to do anything in the URUverse, the wheels quickly fall off or are torn off. It makes me sad.

Thanks for the work on the new forum guys. I'm registered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:35 am 
Obduction Backer

The front page of the guildofwriters.com site credits: "AdamJohnso, Deledrius, Kato, Paradox, Taghtahv, Tiran, Zrax".

Lacking any other notice, I presume they're the ones managing the site. Which is fine.

Other things being equal, I'd prefer all forum admin work to be done under people's "real names" (that is, their familiar community name). Anonymity is not modesty for stuff like this.

But I don't plan to worry about it unless a lot of admin work (moderation) *starts* happening.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next