It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Guild Descriptions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:43 pm 

Are the Guild Descriptions from Kirel posted anywhere online?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:00 pm 

I believe they are posted on the DRC site.

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:04 am 

Sorry, I might not actually know what I'm talking about. My computer crashes everytime I try to link to Kirel. Are there journals there describing briefly what the DRC has in mind for the Guilds? Or descriptions of how the original D'ni Guilds functioned? Other than the general page that GD posted on this forum? I have tried looking through a few archive sites and don't see them anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:08 am 

A complete transcription of the D'ni Guilds letters is available on the Guild of Greeters website here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:34 am 

Thanks! That's what I was looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:50 pm 

I have also added short guild descriptions to the

http://www.guildsupportnetwork.com website and would love any additional information the guilds or members would like to add.

Thanks

"Always consider the Whole, Atrus. Always look at the interrelatedness of things and remember the 'whole' of one thing is always just a part of something else, something larger." wisely spoken by Anna- "The Book of Atrus"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:10 am 
Obduction Backer

Jenine, nice site! :D

One little correction to the Guild of Greeters description posted in order to avoid confusion later on:

The Greeters are easily recognized by the "Helping Hands" logo on front of their shirt and the word "Greeter" on the back, *not* by their wearing a Guild Support shirt (the Green shirt with cyan trim).

Membership in the Guild of Greeters is not granted simply by showing support for the Greeters, willy nilly, but by making a definite time and attitude committment to serve fellow explorers in the cavern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:22 pm 

Thanks! :)

Hope this is better:

--------

The Guild of Greeters have been a well respected and long time volunteer group in the cavern. Their hard working and personable members are always happy to lend a hand to help any explorer, not just those new to the cavern. You can frequently find them stationed in the Guild of Greeters Bevin and the Beginners Bevin, found in the Nexus, at almost any time of the day or night. The members of the Guild of Greeters have their own unique t-shirt that is easily recognized by its "Helping Hands" logo on front and the word "Greeter" on the back, (different from the Kirel support t-shirt), and are happy to stop and answer questions- no matter where you may find them.

By wearing the t-shirt found in Kirel, you can demonstrate your support and interest for this guild. Since they have been around for such a long time, they are one of the best organized guilds and are happy to tell you more about joining the volunteer group. If you wish to participate in the Guild of Greeters, they will expect you to make a definite time and attitude commitment to serve fellow explorers in the cavern and follow a few established procedures in order to become a member. When you are ready to join this friendly and helpful guild, they would be happy to share the requirements they have for becoming a Greeter.

-------
I understand your wanting the distinction between supporting and membership and the two t-shirts. Hope the change makes it a little clearer.

Thanks for helping me out.

"Always consider the Whole, Atrus. Always look at the interrelatedness of things and remember the 'whole' of one thing is always just a part of something else, something larger." wisely spoken by Anna- "The Book of Atrus"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]