It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

At the last GoM (GoMe/GoMs?) See a Need, Fill a Need meeting (on Saturday, October 13) we sat around the pub and talked about what we could do with the tools and people we have to get information about events and news out to explorers. The Town Crier idea came up again so we decided to talk about it. We're going to try something and see how it goes.

The main idea is to be available at regular places and times to pass on KImails to explorers who want them. So far there are three/four

1. Explorer recurring and one-time events (might be one or two KImails.
2. Episode news (Thends daily KI Chain mail, up to five total)
3. Guild Support KI Mail

There might be one or two others, but we don't want to get overwhelmed right away.

Following the Greeters' example that has people stationed in regular places at regular times, we thought that would be a good way to start. I, for one, can be somewhere for a couple hours each week without feeling too committed in case work on the surface becomes too demanding. So, we decided that each person can sign up for however much time they thing they can commit to.

So we're starting out stationing Criers in the city near the Great Tree/tent/top of the Great Stairs area. Tokotah Plaza. We are wearing our yellow messenger shirts and some kind of yellow/gold/beige hat. If we get our wings we'll wear those too. Maybe. (See the "Hats, Wings, etc chat log).

If you are interested in signing up, please post your avie name and KI# in the People resource List. It will be easier for me to find your name if it's not buried in a mass of other types of posts.

In this thread we'd like some feedback on a few questions.

1. Where are the best places to be if we only have a few people?

2. What are the best blocks of times (evenings around the world, weekends?)

3. Would an in-Cavern KI Mail with names and times of Cavern Criers be of use? Of course it would be to the group, but what about for explorers who want to go and get the news?

4. How best to handle gathering news information to add to the KImails?

There might be other info I forgot to add. If I did, sorry, and would someone please add it? :)

I'll start adding names and times to this list if I get any interest.

Cavern Criers Tentative Schedule

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:33 pm 

Oh, Thank you, guys so much for including the Guild Support KI mail!!!!

This is so cool that you will be doing this and Lynnutte already asked about my "From the Surface" news KI mail. Thank you! Thank you!

Would love to include a blurb in my little news blog if it's OK?

http://www.fromthesurface.org

"Always consider the Whole, Atrus. Always look at the interrelatedness of things and remember the 'whole' of one thing is always just a part of something else, something larger." wisely spoken by Anna- "The Book of Atrus"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:29 pm 

Sounds good to me Jenine! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Comedy Night announcements.

Hi ghaelen,

The Guild of Comedy is interested in having the ‘Cavern Criers’ make announcements about our Comedy Night shows which are every other Friday. How do we go about arranging this?

What we would really like to see is the Criers pass the word an hour or two before show times.

We have a poster that is updated on a regular bases advertizing our shows. The show is held in the Guild of Comedy Bevin. An early show for our European audience and a later show for our North American audience.

http://slackerslive.servegame.com/pics/comedypics/cn_poster.jpg

We have a forum for the Guild of Comedy. It is at the below link.

http://slackerslive.servegame.com/SlackersLive/viewforum.php?f=18

Regards,

semplerfi - GoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:01 pm 

You contact me. :D
I will see what I can to do arrange it. I know we already have Comedy Night listed in the current events newsletter we hand out, but I don't see a problem making an announcment an hour or 2 before it starts. I'll talk to the other criers and see how they feel and I'll get back to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lynnutte wrote:
You contact me. :D

oops, sorry Lynnutte. I should have paid closer attention. :oops:

Thank you for your concideration. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:32 pm 

Np Semplerfi. ghaelen is a crier too. I think...... I really need to write everyone's alts down so I can remember. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

semplerfi wrote:
We have a forum for the Guild of Comedy. It is at the below link.

http://slackerslive.servegame.com/SlackersLive/viewforum.php?f=18

Regards,

semplerfi - GoC

Shorter link: rel.to/comedy 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:04 pm 

Ghaelan said

Quote:

Are you asking us (the Cavern Criers) to give you what hours and days we can be available in cavern here? so that you can put a schedule together?
boogihn meesahl KI # 10308647
Cavern Crier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:59 am 
Obduction Backer

rivkah wrote:
Ghaelan said

Quote:

Are you asking us (the Cavern Criers) to give you what hours and days we can be available in cavern here? so that you can put a schedule together?
boogihn meesahl KI # 10308647
Cavern Crier

Yes, Rivkah. I will add your name to the people resource list and your time committment to the first post here (for now). I hadn't been adding KI numbers for either list, but I think for the Cavern Criers that would actually be helpful to other people.

I could also add the "real" name (whatever that means) but I'm not sure whether that would be our forum name, or the avie we use the most in cavern.

For example, my avie for the Cavern Criers is Ful'a M'Larkeh. I'm not sure I need to list that name and the fact that it is me, too. What do you all think?

Semplerfi, I'm glad you got a response to your request. Thanks, Lynnutte.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:27 pm 

I dont know.... I dont think that our names or KI#s are all that important to the explorers. It is the information that we have and the knowledge of where we are located and how to identify us (our yellow uniforms) ....that seems to be the more important things to get out. They can request the info by clicking on our avi. Just my very layman's 2cents. :D

Of course, internally, all that information would be needed, I would think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:46 pm 

I think linsting our names and KI numbers is a great idea. That way people can PM or KI mail us a request for the times that we aren't in the cavern. That way when we do get into the cavern we can send them off to those that want it.
Maybe we can just list everyone's name and my KI number for now. That way all the criers will be free to go to the city and I can handle those that are having trouble finding us when they are on.
I'm not saying no one else can do it, just not sure the other criers would like to spend there time sending the same thing to multipul people when they could be having fun in the city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:26 am 
Obduction Backer

ok, that's sort of one vote for each way, lol. I'll wait a bit longer and see if we get any other opinions.

my thoughts are no to names, and yes to KI numbers. Only my Crier avie is on duty, which I guess had better begin at the end of October, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:45 am 

If all cavern criers could please pm me. I really need to talk to everyone really soon.

Post subject: skills
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:54 pm 

can offer writing, proper wording, proofreading, etc.......not very technical but would like to help in whatever ways i can

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next