It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:15 pm 

I was just joking everyone. I perfectly understand. I'd like to think I started some ideas, but I don't really know how I would run any of it. Maybe some day when i've had time to experience some things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:08 pm 

Yes, let me stress that point:

These elections are for temp leaders only. People that we put in charge for a short time who will act as a director for that area or department and to help coordinate things in that department with the other departments.

By short term, we mean for a few months or so.

After that, we will hold nominations and elections again, for longer term leaders (note that I said "Longer Term" not "Permanent").

Among some of the work that the temp leaders will be doing, is laying down the foundations and rules for the leaders, such as ways to remove a bad leader. We have no desire to have someone in office that shouldn't be there. At the same time, these rules will protect leaders from personal attack from people that have their own personal agenda, etc. So basically a lot like a constitution in many ways.

Now, if Cyan stepped in and wants us to become the recognized Guild, but they want us to change things, including this, then change we will. This isn't about those of us who are trying hard to create this guild, it's about creating a guild that will belong to the people.

So seriously. If you don't feel you could be a leader now. That's fine. But if later, you feel more confident, or feel you can do a better job, you'll have your chance for getting there. Eveyone will. We're trying hard to make sure we're not exclusive, not only to people outside of the guild, but internally as well! :D

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:15 pm 

I apologize for my long absence again, I should be back on Monday (and if not my internet provider is gonna hear it :x ) Anyway, nominations:

Communications: MustardJeep

Creativity: AnElise

Personnel: Dot, Frisky Badger

Submission: Montgomery, Frisky Badger

Training: AndyLegate

EDIT: Added the most important nomination, myself! :P

KI# 00140468

Last edited by Frisky Badger on Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:27 pm 

Geez, I finally make it back and what do I do? I kill our nominations thread. :oops:

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:30 pm 

It's the two million dollar thread, we've rebuilt it faster, stronger, more verbose. :lol:

Communications: MustardJeep (Yeah I am nominating Myself),Tezza

Creativity: Jishin,Nynaveve

Personnel: ComputerSage

Submission: Montgomery, andylegate,Scyrone

Training: AnElise, Corvus, Bionickai001

(Sorry it was to hard of a choice couldn't narrow it down. :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:46 pm 

How bout Personel: ComputerSage, AnElise?

Yeah,....me too :D

Otherwise known as AnElise KI #08563780

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:47 pm 

Well the episode is over, are all of the nominations in?

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:07 pm 

Probably Frisky Badger

Later tonight I will send out a Batch of PM's asking the nominees their preference or if they wish to withdraw. Once those PM's are in the elections are on.

F.Y.I. about nine hours to go before I PM the nominees so if you want to add someone better hustle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:50 pm 

Can I nominate Nynaveve and myself (Dot) for the Submissions (a) section (the records bit, not the testing bit)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:10 pm 

Quick question:

Are we going to allow Jishin to be nominated? Not that I don't think she'd do a great job in any of the departments, but last I heard she was taking an open ended leave because she was burned out. Has this changed?

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:18 pm 

FB, that's why we plan to PM each nominee and get their approval of their nomination. If she isn't ready to come back from her LOA, then we won't include her in the voting. :)

In loving memory of James Oliver Rigney, 1948-2007.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:23 pm 

Sure point out the obvious. You're trying to make sure people don't vote for me aren't you! :evil: :lol:

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:01 pm 

Hey peeps,

I was actually just about ready to come back -- I've been reading off and on for the past few days, and dropped by in here to see what we were up to and ... yeah. So I guess the timing here is ... interesting.

See, here's the deal: I would love to help. But I feel rather awkward about taking an office since a) I just took a big leave of absence and b) I do tend to get burned out and need to take leaves of absence like this on occasion.

I will also be out of town for at least two weeks in December.

I'm very flattered that I've been nominated, and I'd love to help, but like I said, I feel kind of weird about it.

I would love to help however I can, though. So ... eergh. I don't know what to do. I would like to accept the nomination, but I am concerned about my ability to fill the need appropriately. Also, there have been a lot of other people with their hands in the works for the last month, and they deserve it too, probably more than me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:16 pm 

Wow Jishin your back (Kinda/Sorta)? :lol: :D

Two things one funny one serious....

(A)If elected you will suffer under the Bahro Drinking Game term limits. Everytime a Bharo screams take a drink, your term ends when you can't type.

(B)About the only serious things I can think of during the hiatus for us to do is start drafting inspection procedures, and wrangling interested persons into Activity. (Rather low stress maybe a hour a week for the boring stuff the rest of the time kicking back in the Fan Ages poking at things.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:20 pm 

:lol:

Yeah, I'm back, kinda-sorta-mostly. :D The break helped a *lot* -- I was really (over)stressing over some of the Maintainer stuff, and it's nice to have some perspective back and be able to breathe.

Inspection procedures sound great. Particularly since it looks like we're already getting our feet wet with the user-generated Ages for CC. I'm looking into trying to get my CC set up for that maybe this afternoon or tomorrow. How is contact with the various Age writers going for that? Is there a bug repository somewhere? I couldn't find one.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next