It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:48 am 

That is creepy. I don't think it is even probable. Calam I don't think so. He was a very old man when she met him. I just don't think so. Phil? Are you nuts? :? Oh wait that's him. :shock: Anyway I'm done with the topic.

KI # 01839630

There is no end when there is still so much to learn. -Personal quote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Watson.
Why do you think he kept denying she had a child? :shock:

It's either that.. or Calam. Except.. Calam was a D'ni survivor of the Guild of Writers that she fought with for a long time and eventually made up with. Right? And.. maybe they fought again?
Maybe he's someone we've already met?
Esher is an old D'ni survivor. What did he do? Dunno. However.. he knew Yeesha fairly intimately. Perhaps.. Calam isn't some third person?

And just think.. Yeesha meets the survivor, Calam. They fight, then learn. Love forms. However.. Calam turns hard.. the bahro, it's always about the demon things, he complains. She tries to show him.. he tries to show her. And in the end.. the tablet. They both try.. he fails. She fails. They're angry at each other over that failure. It develops to a hatred personally.. Yeesha for him not trying to help the bahro, Calam for her not trying to help the D'ni. The hatred takes him over, 'kills' the Calam she knew. And in return, she tries to kill him. Fails, but she won't admit that. And the two of them circle, with the tablet to the side. Neither can grab it.

Watson comes, grabs tablet, returns it. And in return the bahro, who are angry at what Calam did in his frustration at Yeesha and her inability to share things like self-linking.. deal with him.

And Yeesha grieves. But won't show it. She's never relied on others. She's the grower, it's all her burden. She might use others, but she doesn't ask them for help. Certainly not for any relationship issue.

But she has the child still, left of what once was. How, years later? Time isn't linear with the grower. What was then can be the future to her still.

She still can't bear to say his name. Can't bear to think of him as Calam. The Calam she knew was dead. She calls him by another name, which he took mockingly. Esher.

:shock:

Do I believe that? No, but had you going, didn't I? And it has a disturbing beauty to it.. like a train wreck :D

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:42 am 

/clap
/cry
/shakefist

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Here is the link to video I shot when Yeesha was in K'veer. It is almost 9 minutes long, and about 131.5 Mb, so be patient if it takes a bit to download. I was going to clean it up before I posted it, but decided that the raw footage was better than a "sanitized" version. I want to apologize to those I inadvertently walked through on the way to the stairs. I usually use 3rd person, so I was a bit disoriented. There is, occasionally, a small amount of lag, caused mostly by running Fraps, but it's not too bad.

I wish everyone could have had the chance to be there. It was awesome!

http://smokedreams.net/Yeesha11-05-07.wmv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:55 am 
Obduction Backer

Well, middle of the night for me.

I really need to get my hands on the Kveer book !

Now, this is some interesting story !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Problem with the Calam theory is that Calam died a long time ago. Remember from the Myst 5 journals, Calam was murdered and then Yeesha killed his murderer?

If she is pregnant - and I currently doubt that - then it would have to be with someone she met more recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:26 am 
Obduction Backer

It was a joke, the Calam theory.. it's far too unwieldly to be realistic.

But since you present a challenge I accept. :)

It already accounts for the Big Bad Red. As noted, it was Calam's jealousy of the bahro, hatred of them, that the Red signified. Yeesha was always focused.. Calam likely felt left out, playing second fiddle to them, to her quest. Moreso, he was jealous of Yeesha's abilities, of what she could do that he couldn't, despite being full D'ni and having learned from her. He tried to take the tablet quest.. and failed in it because of his beliefs or personality. At this point his jealousy probably took over.. killed the man she knew. He'd failed her, failed to prove himself to her. In return, Yeesha killed the jealousy. Specifically, she killed the force of it, by taking the tablet quest. Or tried to at least.. she failed too.. and at that point it did the damage needed. She was crushed herself.. she managed to stop him from being jealous of her feelings to the bahro.. instead it turned to a bitter animosity between the two over failures.

As for time.. as Yeesha likes to repeat again and again (in case you missed it before) she's the grower. That means time doesn't apply to her the same way. It's quite conceivable she went back in time to have one last thing to remember her Calam by.. or alternately has been carrying the baby the whole time but all the unlinked temporality she undergoes made it so that it's still only a month old at the most.
Note that I'm assuming D'ni and part-D'ni gestation periods are relatively similar to humans, as indicated by the rooftop journal. D'ni were.. but part-D'ni? Dunno. No cases except the one lineage, and we kinda lack detailed genetic studies of them to see what genes are dominant and what are recessive amongst the two groups, and more specifically in Yeesha herself.

I don't believe it's Esher/Calam's kid.. it might be Calam's, but I doubt he's Esher. It's a fun idea to run with.

The big reason I'm doing this hypothetical thing is really to prove a point.. that you can make a theory fit the facts if you twist it right.. so accepting a theory based on what evidence we have is dangerous. Take the one that fits the best with least weird edges (Occam's Razor) but don't expect it to be gospel truth any more than any other theory that fits nicely. The bahro are at war, they have a choice, and unless Yeesha lied there wasn't the tablet or a partial control or Esher behind all of it. Just personalities clashing. And yet your Esher theories fit, although ugly and unwieldly.

I still believe it's a baby, but it is quite possible it is just the chunk of skin. It's also possible she scavenged Esher's severed head after they finished with him.. and the bahronoir wants it as a trophy and will chase until he gets it or gives up in turn for more active revenge pursuits he'd neglect. You don't know until you get more facts. Until then.. conjecture away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:35 am 

Could she be pregnant from a Bahro? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Leonor wrote:

I rejected that idea as too silly even for me. Mostly because it's one thing to accept she can be pregnant from someone possibly long dead due to time leaping.. but another to accept she can be pregnant from a completely different species altogether.

But you never know. She IS the grower. Now, though, Yeesha and a bahro in bed.. with... :shock: ewwwwww.... I'm not gonna even TOUCH that mental image, thank you!

Although now I'm imagining the pair reclining and doing 'pillow talk' by scratching symbols into a tablet.. oh geez, that's gonna stick with me. Thanks a LOT Leonor! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:48 am 

The Bahro must do it through a special linking process.

Why would they want a D'ni or human child she is carrying?

Maybe it's just the skin she has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:56 am 

I dont think she is pregnant until she says, 'hey im pregnant'

It could either be talking about her burden, or the tablet are in the good bahros possession and they want that

I think everyone is going to much into the pregnant thing... For now anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:16 pm 

I wasn't there, but here is what I took from her speech:

At first I thought she had the chunk of Bahro flesh that the bad Bahro leader is missing thanks to Esher, but why would they want it badly enough to chase her where ever she goes? Is that Bahro unable to link because he isn't "whole"? Is it more of a symbolic thing for them?

I too agree that Yessha will become pregnant, if she isn't already, but who's the father? Calam? No, he died and I doubt she'd time travel to have his child. Sharper? I guess that's possible. Bahro? No, just no. /shudder Couldn't it just be a D'ni survivor, or possibly a descendent of one? I think it more likely that she fell for someone while on Releeshahn (sp?).

It sounds to me like Yeesha expects to die while leading the bad Bahro away from the cavern. She didn't sound very confident that she would be returning to help us.

Someone mentioned that Yeesah looked a lot older in Myst V; you're right, she did. But Myst V is supposed to be a game based on real events. I guess for whatever reason Cyan made her older than she actually was, maybe to make it easier to "end the series".

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:14 pm 

Leonor wrote:

Leonor you made my day :lol: :lol: :lol: Imagine THAT baby :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:17 pm 

Leighana wrote:
Here is the link to video I shot when Yeesha was in K'veer.

http://smokedreams.net/Yeesha11-05-07.wmv

Leighana, that clip is AMAZING! Thank you for sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:01 pm 

OMG. So embarrassing... I was in right up in Yeesha's face! I'm sorry Yeesha.... I wasn't trying to be rude. =)

Forgive me.

Lol. Besides that one slip by myself. The video was awesome. And I'm in it all over the place! The girl with short black-hair, a choker, glasses (were they sunglasses can never tell with my res), and the red robe at the beginning.... so cool. (**saved**)

The only thing missing is sound. Though if Yeesha had physically spoken, everyone would probably have dropped to the desktop age. Lol.

And the whole...
Quote:
Destruction is coming.

And then booking it out of there.... I'm sure lots of people would have at least liked a glimpse of her. Maybe someone could create a holocast with a blue button, press it and Yeesha repeats her speech or something. Apease the masses who missed this great event.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next