It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:37 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: I have a question.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:53 pm 

Does Cyan really have a definate plan of how they want the guild structure to be or only a general idea? Do they know what will work and what won't? Are they waiting for us to figure it out so they don't have try setting up a system that won't work in our community and one we will rebel against?
Ok, so it was more than one question, but this has really started to bug me. Anyone got any thoughts on this? Maybe greydragon or Tweek? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

You're not the only one this bugs. Players have been wondering this, out loud, since July.

If Cyan had wanted to answer, I think they've had plenty of opportunity.

My own opinion is, they'd have to be crazy to believe they could go into a conference room and invent a precise plan that had any chance of working. And I don't think they're crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well I'd not be surprised if Cyan wanted explorers to do it. Thats what was wanted with the Liaisons, it was stressed very heavily that the explorers should take control, which they didn't.

Personally I see no harm in going ahead and setting things up ourselves. As long as you are willing to be flexible when Cyan says "hey we had this idea" then I don't see much of an issue with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:28 pm 

Since Cyan has not given us a clear direction in regards to the guilds, is it safe to assume that, at this point, the argument that Cyan might decide to do the guilds differently irrelevant? If it is irrelevant, does that also make the question about whether a guild is "official" also irrelevant? Assuming that both these assumptions are true, then the only thing keeping any guild from forming and becoming a working entity is ourselves.
I know there are a lot of assumptions in this tread, but it seems to me a good train of logical assumptions. (If there is such a thing. :lol: ) If anyone can find a flaw in my logic, there usually are a lot to find, please point them out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:37 pm 

The answers, straight from the horse's mouth.

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:55 pm 

If this is the case, why are there still debates about whether a guild is "official" or not? Why are people still hesitant to try and work together to start guilds? Why are people still trying to discourage others from doing so? We have been given free reign to try our wings and see what we can accomplish on our own. I personally think this is something to be excited about, not fearful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

I do not think that people try to discourage eachother. I see that people are coming with initiatives and ideas. Also I see that people are prepared to cooperate with eachother.
I think the most difficult thing is to get a clear picture about what the Guild of Messengers can and has to do as a Guild.
Also building a structure how the Guild of Messengers will be formed is something that is still not clear.
My suggestion would be that we try to be flexible if it is about forming a Guild.
As example I will mention the current situation from the Guild of Greeters.
They are be able to act as a team and I believe that is the warranty for a succesfull Guild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:43 pm 

Thank you Veralun. I think flexibility and working as a team is exactly what the GOM needs to do. I hope we will figure out how to, in a way that benefits everyone, soon. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:18 pm 

I posted my view of this under the Joe Q. Explorer's View topic. Basically, as long as people are confidant in their guild establishments, that will make them just as legit as anything Cyan can offer later. Heck, if more of the public supports a fan based guild rather than some Cyan guild later on, I'd rather listen to the fan-based guild. Sure, Cyan has the final say, but if no one likes their guild, or guild system, they will lose players and head towards disaster again. Uru Live is alive again owing mostly to fan support. It would be a shame if that is forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:56 am 

That's a good point. Considering that the most recent indication of a time frame (from GD in August)said that Guilds could indeed be years off, if fans are going to go ahead adn make guilds anyway, there's plenty of time to have a de facto Guild system entrenched before Cyan decide to implement anything 'official'.

As Onslaught said, if a system was established that the majority of the community appreaciated, it would just be silly for Cyan to bulldoze it over completely. I mean, they may request that the systems be tailored so they can fit in with story/fan content delivery tools, etc.

But if it happened that Guilds were functioning well before Cyan implemented their ideas, I would think that perhaps there wouldn't have to be any really radical and/or fundemental changes made to the explorer system(s) to bring it into step with Cyan's system.

On the other hand, plans change. We've seen Cyan have to change their original plans to fit with whatever situation arises in terms of its relationship with gametapGametap, or the community, or content delivery etc. It's not out of the question the Cyan may change their expected Timeframe. Heck, maybe that's what they're spending the hiatus doing. Working out how to implement the Guild perhaps sooner than expected

We'll have to wait and see.

Old MOUL KI: 13986530
MOULa KI: 02058741

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]