It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:14 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:55 pm 

Hey there, I'd love to create my own material for the GoW, but I don't have any realistic prior programming experience, nor do I have a high-end machine to support a powerful CAD program.

What should I do? I'm just a casual player, but I'd love to do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:01 pm 

Blender should run on any computer, but like most modelling programs it benefits from RAM and disc space.

Right now the GoW has areas for Storyline writers, Concept and Texture Artists, 3D Content builders, Musicians and Sound Effect technicians, and Programmers. Even if you don't feel that you are able to do any of those, I'm sure there are still plenty of ways that you'll find to help out :)

The GoW Forum is at http://forum.guildofwriters.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Anyone who wishes to join the Guild Of Writers has only to put on a tee-shirt in Kierel and link in. As with all the other guilds, there are no qualifications to join, as all the guilds exists (at this time) as a shirt, name and a place. Nothing more, at least officially.

At this time, there is NO Age creation process at the moment. The roles of the guilds and those who support it, have yet to be defined.

You can create material with Blender and so on, but these are unsanctioned, unauthorised and beyond the scope of UU - at least at the present time.

There is no evidence to suggest that Age creation will be done in this way, but there is evidence which indicates Age creation will be a function within the game and not out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ghame wrote:
Anyone who wishes to join the Guild Of Writers has only to put on a tee-shirt in Kierel and link in.

That's actually only for supporting one of the Big Five guilds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:05 pm 

Ghame wrote:
There is no evidence to suggest that Age creation will be done in this way, but there is evidence which indicates Age creation will be a function within the game and not out of it.

Please state your evidence if you please..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:02 am 

Ghame wrote:
Anyone who wishes to join the Guild Of Writers has only to put on a tee-shirt in Kierel and link in. As with all the other guilds, there are no qualifications to join, as all the guilds exists (at this time) as a shirt, name and a place. Nothing more, at least officially.

At this time, there is NO Age creation process at the moment. The roles of the guilds and those who support it, have yet to be defined.

You can create material with Blender and so on, but these are unsanctioned, unauthorised and beyond the scope of UU - at least at the present time.

I'd like to point out that the Guild of Greeters has a process by which explorers must apply. At this point, the Guild of Writers is not looking to implement such a process, but you cannot say that "there are no qualifications to join, as all the guilds exists (at this time) as a shirt, name and a place".

As well, there is plenty of Age Creation happening at the Guild of Writers forum, we had a new release of Ahra Pahts and many other Ages are progressing nicely. I'll look at possibly having some screenshots from Uru: PotS uploaded to my KI for posting on the GoW Imager.

As well, no one has ever stated that Age Creation would happen in-game. All of Cyan's Age Creation has been in 3DStudio Max, and all fan Age Creation has been in Blender3D. There is simply no way that Plasma will ever support the creation of content from within the game itself.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]