It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:04 pm 

I need to clear something up. There was a little misinformation unintentionally passed alog at the meeting yesterday. The Relayer Corps, at this time, are NOT part of the GOMe. This may change in the future, it may not. But at this time, the4 relayers have not decided to affiliate themselves with the GOMe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just as a note. The Guild of Writers is not a "pre" Guild. We are the Guild of Writers. If we were the "pre-Guild of Writers" then we would have made that quite clear; however, (if you'll note) we do not call ourselves that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:50 am 

I've edited the chatlog post to make clear the Relayers are not affiliated to GoMe and the preferred name of the Guild of Writers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:06 pm 

Ty Dot. It is appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:00 am 

Also, I hate to be a pest, but we are the Guild of Messengers too. Here are a few of the reasons why we say that.

-In the last few months the majority of the messaging organizations united themselves in order to achieve a greater common goal as affiliates of the GoMe.

- There hasn't been any alternative GoMe so we are the only ones who want to claim that title.

- Since its creation, we showed that we are a serious Guild who is capable of working together and has served the
cavern population in many ways. In its current state, the GoMe is capable of continue to do so and more in the long term.

- We are flexible enough as Guild to adapt ourselves depending on Cyan vision of the GoMe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:14 am 

I wasn't able to attend the meeting as messenger but I would say that a lot more things about the GoMe happened in the last month. The best way to know what is new with the GoMe is to read the GoMe newsletter distributed by the Cavern Criers but here are some of the key elements of it:
TCT: Archiver issue #10 is out as well as the TCT Podcast #31(it includes an interview with Ryan Miller).
CCN: They recorded the gorgeous Cavern Choir second concert. Audio and Video are available.
Cavern Criers: They collected Guilds Newsletters from the Writers, the Messengers, the Greeters and the Maintainers. They still distribute on a daily basis their 7 newsletters between 2pm and 4pm in the cavern.
The revamped Website still gives out the latest Uru news in 3 languages(English, French and German).The forum got an upgrade and a calendar using a different code from the GoG calendar but the same information.

And where the GoMe is now:
We are now in an expansion phase. We have a lot of exciting projects(some included in the newsletter) but we lack manpower and the end of the episodes doesn't help us with that(less people in the cavern/forums). In fact, we have a lot of exciting job opening in the GoMe. They are a great way to get involved in the guild:

GoMe Forum: Moderators
GoMe News: German Translator (or any other language)
Archiver: Writers/Reporters, Assemblers (layout/graphical skills needed)
Cavern Criers: Newsletter Writer, Cavern Criers
CCN: Photographers, actors, videographers, musicians and scriptwriters for the episode "news" stories.
Uru Radio: Radio Hosts doing weekly or biweekly shows on a particular topic. (e.g someone could do the weekly "age creation" show or the weekly "community events" show etc.)

Finally we are looking forward to working with other guilds if they have projects where we could be useful. Just contact a messenger or post in the forum.

"When you want your message out in the cavern, use the Guild of Messengers."

Andros KI: #265443 Kalypso Ki: #5962956

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:44 am 

I've changed the title of the Guild of Messengers and (so that it matched all the other groups) the GoMa supporters heading.

Thanks for the update, Andros.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:19 pm 

Today's Guild System Meeting appears to have been cancelled, though I don't recall seeing a forum post about it. About 6 of us were in Kiral at the appointed hour.

I am going to remove these meetings from the GoG Community calendar and from the Recurring Events KI mail unless someone contacts me to say a March meeting will be held. If July for Today is no longer the convener for this meeting, has someone else taken his place?

Lial

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:35 pm 

:shock: I must admit, I forgot about it. Others probably did too. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:07 am 

Me (Crier)_Nanouk, am waiting to be given access to the Cavern's crier's forum at RelayerCorps.org
if I am to provide some translations.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Sorry Nanouk (Arctic Wagon). I just checked the site and you're listed as a member. I'll look into it.

DeAnn - #78903
Relayer DeAnn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:42 am 

Sorry Artic Wagon. It has been taken care of. You should have access now. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:51 am 

Thank you Lynnutte.

I do have access now and just made my first post. :wink:

Edit:
oops, I was able to log back in but was refused access to my post/thread..

Error message,
Quote:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forums/viewforum.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Edit: fixed, able to go in and see now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Lynnutte wrote:
:shock: I must admit, I forgot about it. Others probably did too. :oops:

Sadly, my truck and my need to eat being slightly more important than the Guild meeting, I was otherwise detained this time around as well. I will try to keep my schedule a bit less full for the March meeting. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:27 pm 

I just think that for people to take time out of a weekend day for this meeting, someone needs to take this meeting in hand and post an agenda prior to it, so people know it will take place and what will be talked about. If it's really just an informal gathering, then no one should be surprised if guilds stop sending representatives and if the meeting eventually peters.

My interest in the meeting is as someone responsible for keeping up to date a calendar that many cavern goers have come to rely on to provide accurate and current information about events in the cavern, so I've stopped listing this as a recurring event on the GoG community calendar. I'll put it on the calendar month by month when I see a post here that a meeting is coming up.

Lial

Last edited by Lial on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next