It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:10 pm 

I was just upstairs in the Watchers pub and in the book alcove I noticed a door on the right side with an unlit button next it.

Is this new?
Or is it something I just never have noticed before?
And what/where does it go do/ to???

Last edited by MickyTeddy on Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:18 pm 

It is old, very old. It was used in the offline version, The Path of the Shell, to...
[spoiler]get to the Great Tree[/spoiler]
In UL the door cannot be opened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi,
It has been there since the Watcher's Pub was opened in UruLive. It had a purpose in the offline game of the Path of the Shell, It was an expansion of the game of Uru.
[spoiler]
In the POTS expansion, you could open it and after solving a puzzle, could follow a path to get to the great tree that you see from the veranda in Watcher's Pub. Then another puzzle, you would get the Myst library linking book. From there there were a few more puzzles to solve and get to K'veer.[/spoiler]
I put this info in a spoiler just to make sure that I didn't make people unhappy with info that may not want to know. I hope that help's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:24 pm 

No it is not new MickyTeddy and at the moment it goes nowwhere.
This was part of The Path ot the Shell, TPotS as it is refered to was an Expanison pack for the original Uru live that was purchased online. later it came out on CD-Rom under the title Uru The Complete Cronicles which comprised of Uru Ages Beyond Myst plus To D'ni expansion and TPotS.
I have only played the Uru Ages Beyond Myst CD-Rom plus the downloaded To D'ni expansion pack. We haven't got all the content from TPotS yet and since I have not played TPotS I couldn't tell you the exactly what is missing.
Take care

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:38 pm 

Hi MickyTeddy -

As the others have stated that door is not new. Since we get to the two locations gnorke mentioned by another path now there is no telling what the developers plan to do with it. I for one hope that it will lead us to a new age through the Great Tree with lots of puzzels to solve - after we solve the Great Tree access puzzel behind it of course. :wink:

@ Szark - we've gotten all of the major content from PotS with the exception of the game hints for the Great Tree access puzzel that is behind the door. So Season 2 should see new stuff coming....I hope, I hope, I hope.

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:48 am 

Incidentally, for those who didn't know: all of the mechanisms as in PotS are behind that door in MOUL. If you jump up on the book pedestal and look towards the door in the correct position, you can see it. I don't know how Cyan plans to use this in the future, but it's all there and ready. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:06 pm 

I've been wondering about how they would work opening the door into the story/game. There is only one instance of the Watcher's Sanctuary and its puzzle, so obviously we can't all solve it. I think they would either have to create more instances (no idea how that would fit into the story), have a "character" solve it once and then deal with all the explorers upset that they didn't get to do it, or [spoiler]just say that it's broken and put in a ladder so that we can access the tree and again, deal with upset explorers.[/spoiler]

KI# 00140468

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]