It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:19 am 
Obduction Backer

Just a note, if you have WMP 11 installed, that'll break GameTap TV.

Also, while you don't need 5 gigs of space for streaming GameTap TV clips, if you run out of space on your hard drive, I wouldn't be surprised if GT starts removing games in order of last play date to enable you to download new ones, and some of the games on GT aren't small (Riven, for instance, will require a large number of gigabytes, because it's a full install of the game straight to your hard drive).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:27 pm 

I'm not sure who's end the fault is on for this particular problem, but it's just mildly humerous how often everyone assumes it's on the other end from them... Everyone meaning BOTH ENDS. :x

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:46 pm 

Alahmnat wrote:
Just a note, if you have WMP 11 installed, that'll break GameTap TV.

I only have 10 installed, but thanks, that's good to know.

I can understand GameTap deleting games when you start running out of space, but games started disappearing while the space was still available. I think I had about 14 GB free when I first installed it, so it had plenty of room at the time. They released an update a few days ago, so I'm going to try downloading some of the games again. The TV part still isn't working, though. Fortunately the older, emulated games run just fine, but that isn't really what I care about. Although I did spend a few minutes of quality time with Super Puzzle Fighter the other day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:54 am 

I would greatly prefer that I NOT have to install and subscribe to GameTap just to play URU Live. Furthermore, I myself being in the U.S. will gladly pay extra if ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to NOT have to use GameTap to play URU Live.

If one does infact have to pay GameTap's Monthly fee of $9.95 on top of URU Live's $9.95 fee then one is paying $19+ a month. Now of course one would have access to GameTap's games, But I do not like paying Monthly fees for games I am not playing. The only product I want to play is URU Live, nothing else. It's great and all that GameTap is Supporting the re-release of URU Live, but that does not change my opinion of GameTap. I do not like GameTap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:01 am 

amadar wrote:
If one does infact have to pay GameTap's Monthly fee of $9.95 on top of URU Live's $9.95 fee then one is paying $19+ a month. Now of course one would have access to GameTap's games, But I do not like paying Monthly fees for games I am not playing. The only product I want to play is URU Live, nothing else. It's great and all that GameTap is Supporting the re-release of URU Live, but that does not change my opinion of GameTap. I do not like GameTap.
I'm pretty sure it's $9.95 US for everyone, no matter what. So if you go with Gametap, it's only $9.95 (so you're really only paying to subscribe to gametap, with Uru Live being free). If you don't go with gametap it's only $9.95.

Although I don't know about living in US and not going through gametap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:03 am 
Obduction Backer

amadar wrote:

Um, Uru Live is included in the $9.95/month for GameTap, it's not extra. Live will be part of GT's catalog of games, so it comes with the 9.95 charge.

So...

Outside the US: No GT, Live costs $9.95/month (or the functional equivalent in your country's currency)
Inside the US: Uru Live delivered through GameTap, total cost of everything: $9.95/month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:13 am 

I'd be really happy if I could get Gametap myself. US players are lucky to me :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:55 am 

Has anyone else had any other issues with GameTap? I'm just curious. I get a problem with a few games... (So far, I have a list of six games) ...and everything else is fine.

GameTap support told me it was an issue with my Diamond ATI Radeon X1600 Pro video card, but... I dunno, I'm weighing the likelyhood of this diagnosis.... (I've found that the vast majority of the games have no trouble with my video card whatsoever... ...other than, like, "Vectorman", and this list of six or so others I've started, all of the games have worked just fine... ...which is why I'm doubting GameTap's customer service at the moment...)

...on topic, though, I wouldn't mind being able to run Uru Live outside of GameTap, since that's all I'm really interested in with the service anyways. That's not to say there's not some nice stuff up there.

~Joey GoomToop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:09 pm 

I've had no issues, but some of the infocards are inaccurate...

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:21 pm 

Maratanos wrote:
I've had no issues, but some of the infocards are inaccurate...

So, if you try to run "Vectorman" or "Worms Armageddon" you don't get some odd system freeze and a message that says "GameTap has encountered an unexpected error and must close"?

My old video card is on their supported list and I'll probably take the time eventually to see if the very few games I'm having issues with will work with that one. I'm probably just a bit miffed. Maybe I'm just in denial or something.

It'll run Uru:Ages Beyond Myst through GameTap, so, right now I'm assuming Live will work just fine with my card. (Which is all I want GameTap for anyhoo)

I just think it's really peculiar that I can run Uru and Beyond Good and Evil, but not ... Vectorman... ...and it'll run Worms 2 but not Worms Armageddon...? Oh, well... :) I'm really interested in what the technical explanation for this is... :?

~Joey Zoonballoon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:51 pm 

Well I fell better about that now, But I still rather not use GameTap if Possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:02 am 

I have had NO problems with Gametap for the 3-4 months I have been a subscriber. I love the service. It gets better every week with more content added. Don't see where the complaints are coming from (yet I haven't had the technical problems some are claiming).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've found the definitive answer about the US and GameTap. Support Site FAQ