It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:44 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Studying some glyphs mysteriously drawn on her fence in Texas.
EVENT - There.com Field Trip for Uruites

DATE - Saturday, March 8th, 2008

TIME - 9:00 KI time to 18:00 KI Time...See explanation below. This is not all day, but in sections. Come when it is convenient for you. I will meet anyone who has questions or needs help down in the Cavern at these times. I will stay in the Bevin for an hour. If you already feel comfortable with logging into There, then go on ahead. People will be waiting and watching for you
9:00 KI
12:00 KI
15:00 KI
18:00 KI

FORMAT Open House - We decided to make this an informal affair. Just to give you a taste of There. Let you decide how involved you wish to be. And we took into consideration the many time zones that we have. No planned events will occur at this first outing, but you will see many demos, take tours and be able to ask questions and learn some of the basics. It can take up to 30 minutes to render in the details to your computer, so do not be disturbed if everything is white for a bit, and you cannot see buildings.

WHERE Uru Island in There Bevin in MOUL (Uruburu's hood), then on to There.com and Shorah West, Uru Island or Guild of Maintainers on Tyr
Important: I will be using my new avie, Tichelle KI#13623339, just like my name in There.

NOTE If you wish to use voice chat, receive freebies, join one or more of our clubs, and save locations, then you will need to pay the one-time fee of $9.95 US. This is strictly up to you. You can still come in on basic and enjoy yourself.

There.com is family friendly, so our young people under the age of 18 are welcome.

What I recommend is that you go check out the There website.

http://www.there.com/

Register and make yourself an avie.

Go in early and look around. Post here before you go and tell us your avie name. One of the established Uruites can come and teleport you. Show you around, tell you how to work things, etc. It takes some time for all of the details to render themselves to your computer, so going in early will allow you to have more details when we go for the Field Trip.

This place is really cool. They have things that you can fly and drive. Hoverboard, buggy's, planes, bikes, and yes, even dragon's. Fire breathing dragon's.

They have paintball, Games, quests, cross-country racing, trivia, spades, hearts, There University. I know that I am not listing all of them, just too many.

Okay, so I will admit. I am the n00biest of the n00bs there in There. :lol: But I am already impressed.

Some contacts to look for in There are:

Tichelle
susanszy
essjay
Mystdee
jmb30321
Soosi
Ivanova111
GuildmasterDot
Nema
Uruburu
Zanesa

Those are just a few. I hope that more will post in this thread and become your buddy.

Thanks,
Ti'

Ti'chelle #10684

Last edited by Ti'chelle on Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:08 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:51 am 

Awesome, Ti :D

Haven't made an avvie yet, but did do some looking at their website and the saw the Video Demo linked on the homepage. Didn't look too bad, and the activities that I saw, like dune-buggy racing and hover bikes, looked pretty cool. It's also nice it's on a PG scale, so all ages can participate, too.

I'll post my details later and be There. If you need any assistance at all with the Trip, just ask. Thanks for doing this :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:28 am 
Obduction Backer

We in The "Shorah Community" and other Myst/Uru Communites in "There" are looking forward to visitors, and possible new members. We are currently building a representation of Myst Island - we also have Our version of Channelwood and Stoneship and are working to create an Uru area too, we have just started getting the ideas on that one.

There are many designer items that are very cool including, as Tichelle mentioned, The dragons. I even have a flying carpet, and flying brooms and a hot air balloon! LOL!

Those fancy things are created by the "players" and are for sale, So if you want them you need There-bucks. . . or you can borrow them ;) . . . however, There does give you a hoverpack and a hoverboard when you become a premium member (about $10 one time fee) that membership also provides you with voice chat. As you play and socialize etc. you also have "levels" in everything including shopping :lol: and when you level up you get a gift from There as well . . . .the higher you go (more time spent doing something) the nicer the gift.

We have fun and have a large group of Myst/Uru people. I will check this thread to see who posts their avatar names, and add you to my buddies, if/when you do, so I will know when you come in and can contact you if I am online, . . . hope to see some of you There!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

I would like to give this a try as well. The main reason is that so many people from the old Uru Online found a home in There, so it's worth a look. One thing at a time, though. SL this week, There next week, GW when I can snag some time.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:16 pm 

Yes, please come visit your URU family in There!

Most of us were skeptical of There when we first tried it out in 2006 - it seemed so cartoonish and the avatars were so BIG, lol! But the voice chat really works well and enables you to socialize so much better. There are many fun things to do, and friendly people to hang out with. The clothes and hair are fantastic, and the emotes are hilarious! You type those in using an apostrophe (or 'tic') rather than the forward slash in front of the emote. I appreciate that There is family friendly, since my daughter wanted to try it too. There are several established 'URU' based neighborhoods (Mystery Island, URU Island, Shorah) where you will be welcomed with open arms. As Mystdee said, we've created a very Myst/URU like environment (WTG, Mystdee!!!!) and you'll feel right at home.

Many of us participate in an activity called "CCR" (cross country race) on Friday night, around 8 central. The race isn't really a race - you just have to finish all the checkpoints in a buggy. But beware! Essjay drives like a maniac!! (OK, so do I, but you can't help it!!)

I'll be in There on March 8th to show you around, and to familiarize you with how There works. Hope to see you There!!

susanszy (my name in There as well)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:18 pm 

Funny you should mention the "Shorah Community," as I was just exploring Shorah West and its attached gardens yesterday. I'm not sure I'm staying in There, though. I've already run into too many underage types and rude folks who seem to think it's their responsibility to evaluate you based on your profile, and if you get any of their questions wrong, just for not remembering everything that's in your profile (in this case, the day you joined), they call you a liar and walk away. I really don't need this kind of high school nonsense. At least in SL, they completely ignore you if they don't know you. I'd rather be ignored than treated with disrespect.

KI #00063063

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sorry that you had a bad experience in There, The Doctor, but it is truly not the norm for people to be rude, certainly those "kids" were not Shorah community members. . . . . . (most of us are. . . . um, . . . well . . .ah, grandparents ;) . . . in There if you put someone on ignore you can REALLY ignore them and keep them from being able to even enter your space, while we don't have to do that often, There will always be a few bad eggs I guess, . There is a live help center if there is anything that is truly offensive and they WILL be removed from the game quickly, by support, if their behavior is breaking the terms of agreement.

Most of the people in There are very friendly, and fun, even the youngest of them. Maybe you can give it another try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:27 pm 

I probably will, but just not on that day. I'm actually playing a party in the Cavern. :D I just haven't posted it yet.

KI #00063063

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:43 pm 

I replayed Myst URU CC and is barren not being Live but still fun, even tried one of the test ages at GoM but that just errored and messed my game up even thou I followed their download instructions. I even signed up at "There" but stopped short of downloading it when I read the terms of service. Anyone know on the free service of how you know to stop short of getting charged a bill.
Looking for a URU subsitute for the time being.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:28 am 
Obduction Backer

nvr2old wrote:
I replayed Myst URU CC and is barren not being Live but still fun, even tried one of the test ages at GoM but that just errored and messed my game up even thou I followed their download instructions. I even signed up at "There" but stopped short of downloading it when I read the terms of service. Anyone know on the free service of how you know to stop short of getting charged a bill.
Looking for a URU subsitute for the time being.

If you did not give them billing info, they of course will not bill you. You have to "uograde" to the Paid status, so if you just made the avie and did not upgrade, you will not be charged. I hope that answers your questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:00 am 
Obduction Backer

I will be in There most of the afternoon and evening (PST) on the 8th and look forward to seeing all the visitors. Many of whom I hope will decide to stay longer.

Please come by Uru Island. We don't have any houses or clubs there, instead we have structures that are a tribute to Uru and Myst along with a Community Centre for events. The island also has our Memorial Gardens which began with my tribute to Pepsi. We have lots more planned for the island but some of it will take a while to do. We hope you enjoy it!

If you decide to stay make sure to join The Meeting Place of Uru!

I look forward to seeing you on the 8th!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:00 am 

Well I did go to check out There, and felt like a total retard trying to figure it out. LOL With no "there bucks" you are kind of stuck looking like everyone else, and bumbling your way around. :roll:
In the short time I was there, i was approached and asked to become someone's lesbian friend, another guy said he would give me money... if i pulled his finger :shock: , and another person was doing some wacko slap her tushie dance right in my face! :cry: I already miss my uru family!! sniff

I 'think' my name was ScarletteShay... although i didn't write it down - since it didn't look like i would be going back.
Where and how does one move from the beginning island to anywhere else?
I was berry confused.

~ Scarlette

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:02 am 
Obduction Backer

Hey Scarlette,

And all those above who have had a bad first impression. Being able to grab you when you first come in and teleport you to Our places will make the experience so much better.

I will be in There tomorrow, well, Friday from 2KI time until late. They are having a Cross Country Race. I'm going to check it out.

Scarlette, if you can come back in put me in as a Buddy. Or remember and tell me your name, and I will come get you. Well, actually I will send you a message and ask your permission to teleport you to where I am. Then you can set some favorites and return to a safe place.

Ti'chelle #10684

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:31 pm 

Nothing beats the first experience I had in There. I made an avvie, went to the spa, was walking around 'Fisher Island"...when I guess I walked into a gaming area. There were buggys zooming and these air-skateboards flying around...I clicked on this thing and it gave me wings and/or an engine on my back to fly. Once I flew out of the zone...the thing was off my back, I crashed into the sand and some chic with a huge rack was just demolishing me with her paintgun. I asked her if she was having fun shooting me and she replied with what a blast it was, especially since I didn't have a gun. She and then 2 of her other friends were just shooting me with their paintball guns to where I literally couldn't get up. So, when I did manage to stand up, I ran away from them. I bet they got a kick outta that! What an awesome job I did making friends!

The solutions to move us forward are in our reach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

:( I am so sad for these bad first visits.

I must have come in on a good day. And then I had a friend who knew to expect me. Maybe I was whisked away to safety before some of these bad things could happen.

So, my initial advise of coming in early is bad, bad advise. Please, make an avie, then come let someone know you want to come in. Make arrangements to be teleported. Or wait until March 8.

I suppose that if you knew how, that these types of things should get reported about those bad avies.

Ti'chelle #10684

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next