It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:42 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

I can't reveal any real stats about MO:UL but here is one that I can share. The top three people who logged in the most times each month (hidden under the spoiler tag). Most months the number of logins is so large that these people would have to average more than 10 to 15 times a day for the entire month!

So, my question to the fans is: Why/How do these people log in some many times a month?

[spoiler]Here is the list of months and the top three user's number of logins for that month.
For privacy reason, I cannot reveal the GameTap screenname of the people that are in the top three without their permission. So, if you think you are in the top three, PM me with your GameTap screenname and the name you want shown in the list (such as your MystOnline Forum screen name) and I'll update this list. Thanks.

Feb2007

Mar2007

Apr2007

May2007

Jun2007

Jul2007

Aug2007

Sept2007

Oct2007

Nov2007

Dec2007

Jan2008

Feb2008
[/spoiler]

Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:01 pm 

Holy heek! :shock: With that many logins, when is there time left in the day for anything else?

In loving memory of James Oliver Rigney, 1948-2007.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
To do pellet drops with multiple avatars under multiple subaccounts. And, I'm betting one of them is a hoodmate of mine. Er, well, at least some of his avies are in my hood. He also has a whole hood to himself full of his alt avies. :wink:

Oops, that would only explain it from the end of June on. Perhaps the first five months were spent creating the avies, solving the ages, running marker missions, etc. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:16 pm 

Explorerbots! :shock:

I don't think that people log on that often per day even if it is to drop pellets, especially since people do other things than Uru during the weeks. But that also depends on what counts as logging on, if it's just starting the game or if it counts every time you change avatar, and if subaccounts falls under the main account or if it's a thing on its own. :?

If it counts every time you switch avvie and it includes subaccounts then I guess pellet dropping is a valid explanation, but it seems a bit far fetched to me. The other reason I can think of is someone deliberatively quitting the game several times to up the stats a bit but it seems utterly boring and doesn't really help MOUL either so I don't think anyone would do that for longer periods of time...

*stops pondering and sulks off to do homework*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

Tai'lahr wrote:
... multiple avatars under multiple subaccounts.

These numbers are per GameTap subaccount (i.e. screenname) but could be multiple avatars.

Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:20 pm 
Maybe they keep crashing? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chogon wrote:
Tai'lahr wrote:
... multiple avatars under multiple subaccounts.

These numbers are per GameTap subaccount (i.e. screenname) but could be multiple avatars.

Chogon

OMG, then they could all three be him.:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:23 pm 
Site Admin

Junee wrote:
... But that also depends on what counts as logging on,

It is a count of the number of times that person logged in via the first login screen where you enter your password. Switching avatars would not count.

Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:25 pm 

I am kinda glad I am not among the top three for logins per month, because the only reason I could think to login as you said (15 times per day) is a really lousy / unstable connection to the game servers.

At my most active (pre-hiatus) I would login two to three times a day on my "Weekend" days. Figure in crashes to the desktop age and the login numbers that you quoted are very believable for a Explorer who keeps getting kicked from the server. If the login times are fairly clustered together this is probably a good assumption, and means the true number is some what lower.

On the other had it could just be a younger explorer managed to login from school and had to log out repeatedly as the teacher made his or her rounds in the computer lab. :P But that would have many of the login times within the space of a hour for school tutorial time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

zander_nyrond wrote:
Maybe they keep crashing? :wink:

I thought that at first but then dismissed that because of the frustration factor and they would certainly give up way before 300 times in a month.

Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:28 pm 

Pellet drops seem reasonable,but, we didn't have these in Feb.March April of 07 can't exactly remember when they started at the moment. Crashing does sound plausible but why three accounts crashing?? I must ponder this ...hmmmm

Hmmmm.. pondering done. Maybe it is Cyan or Gametap employees checking the game out and the numbers in game keeping things running as smoothly as possible??

KI 00142411

Last edited by DaVinci on Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:35 pm 

One last thought on this before I head off to the salt mines.

They have friends in (for them) early morning, evening, and late night timezones. Add into that the odd crash and the numbers make a lot of sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

:shock: Well, I can say for sure it's not me! :lol: The only time I would ever have logged on more than two or three times in any given day was during my most pellet-obsessed phase and during episodes when the game would crash. If my average is even once per day over the last year, I'd be surprised. I can't even imagine why someone would log on that many times.

What if there were several different household members running multiple avies on several different subaccounts? And none of them had day jobs or school?

I don't know. Beats me.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:42 pm 

heehee The Ghost in the Machie, the Revenge of Yeesha, there are many possible mystical explanations......

I love this game for giving us mysteries even in such a time as this. :)

The Army of Explorerbots that i was secretly buidling in my Er'canna rebelled when they could not get the last sparklie in Mintaka and all left for the outside of the Pod in Neghalin, and I havent seen them since. I think they are building an alternative MOUL that they will rule and they will log in occasionally to Real Life and lead alternative lives as surface humans running a reverse MMORPG in human clothing :)

"We Build Worlds"

Last edited by CrisGer on Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Okay, got it, now. Feb thru May is checking in periodically, looking for DRC action. Once the episodes started, the numbers drop in June. Then, Er'cana was released, and the numbers went back up with pellet drops. Yeah, that's it. And, I suspect somebody is playing from work. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next