It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:29 am 

Man I love Wireshark. I've used it nearly every day at work for the last 5 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:24 pm 

:D :D :D Woohoo, saw the news the other day and have been able to get in more than I used to :D
Thanks all that helped in solving this problem.

Only thing is, life is getting in the way of getting in so often now gggggggrrrrr :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:14 am 

A friend of mine is trying to get uru to work, and is encountering the net6 error as well. TCP segmentation offload is disabled, but we still get the net 6 error after the initial update (which takes 20 minutes off-peak, and around 5 on-peak)

is there anything in particular we can do to fix this, or to at least get some test info that we can send someone that could be of some help?

Old MOUL KI: 13986530
MOULa KI: 02058741

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:00 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Narym wrote:
is there anything in particular we can do to fix this, or to at least get some test info that we can send someone that could be of some help?

If your friend doesn't mind downloading and installing some more software to investigate, the you can use my instructions: http://www.mcintoshuk.plus.com/Guides/Wireshark.html - but make sure you use the IP mask in the text (not the one in the picture as that's out-of-date now!). Also make sure you set the option to "Limit each packet" else the file will get very big. Let the log run until you get the Net 6, then zip it up and mail it to me (or use www.yousendit.com - you can use the 14-day free trial :wink: ).

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:47 pm 

Is it just me, or have the connection issues 'pre-Chogon' resurfaced?

This last week or so I've had to wait upwards of 20 minutes on the swirly dots update screen before the avatar selection screen appears compared to 2-5minutes late February, and every time I select an avatar, I get the setActivePlayer failure after another five minutes wait. Just, in fact, like it was before Chogon did the driver fix back in January, if not slightly worse, as now, I can't get in at all :(

I've sent in a ticket, though not with a great deal of optimism given the imminent closure, but it would be nice to get back into the game before the end!

MOUL:
CyclinGuy KI# 8385203
Skydiver CyclinGuy KI# 10298312

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have not been having any trouble logging in.

A couple of questions to try to narrow things down...

Who is your ISP?
Does this happen at all times of day or only at what might be called peak times (mainly evenings)?

Some ISPs use traffic restrictions during peak periods and this could be causing the problem. Of course it could also be something completely different. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:40 pm 

My ISP is Demon, running on top of the BT adsl system. The current bandwidth I'm getting is actually higher than normal at nearly 2.5Mbps. Its happening around the clock, alas. When this happened before over xmas, I asked my ISP if they did any kind of restrictions on traffic, depending on IP address and/or port, and they denied it...

The Chogon fix worked perfectly for me at the time. I'm not sure why I've started getting the problems again, particularly if no-one else has noticed anything. As I said in my last post, I don't think I've changed anything on my computer.

MOUL:
CyclinGuy KI# 8385203

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:04 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Well something must have changed: If that "something" isn't your PC then your ISP has to be the next suspect, since both Ivanova and myself (and no doubt many others) are connecting OK from the UK (and my startup time isn't noticeably different either).

A quick suggestion though, if you haven't already tried this: Switch your ADSL Modem/Router off for 15 seconds then re-start it. It's amazing how many time this fixes "weird" problems.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:33 pm 

Hi, it seems to have fixed itself...!

I submitted a ticket, and got a response saying the servers hadn't been changed, and recommending me to turn off my firewall and anti-viral software and try again. I couldn't easily do the latter, but the firewall was easily disabled. This worked, so I checked the settings on the firewall, and the two URU programs were there, supposedly with access through the firewall, so I turned it back on. And it still worked :roll: Hmmm.

The only thing I can think of is that Vista (or the anti-viral program) had reset the firewall to be more heavily clamped down than normal. Vista offers about half a dozen security levels between completely open and completely closed. I certainly didn't change these settings before URU stopped working properly, but Vista and the anti-viral product are continually updating themselves, and I suspect one or other of them is to blame. I'm just surprised non of my other programs suffered.

Anyway, it works now, and hopefully it will continue to do so for the limited time we have left to get into the cavern (<sigh>)

TTFN

MOUL:
CyclinGuy KI# 8385203

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:40 am 
Obduction Backer

I could not log on for the longest time and thought it was my computer all along (or COMCAST) but as it turns out when I changed from one Norton product to another in January, somehow it was no long compatible running in the background. It did not matter how I was trying to log into the game (both from Gametap and the direct link from desktop). I shut Norton down for an hour tonight and was on in less than 2 minutes - sheesh!!!. I am sorry I have missed some of the excitement and a lot of game time.

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:44 pm 

I just closed URU to switch accounts and now I can't even get to the log in screen! I just get the "Patcher Update Failed: Error 16, Name Lookup Failed" error. What's going on here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:48 pm 

Did you switch from a Gold to a Green account ?

Did you download the Green account reader application ?

If you intend to play as a visitor, use the "Play It Now for Free" through the link at
the top of the web page here, (right side). (Stand Alone version)

If you are already using the Stand Alone version, try re-typing the Gametap username and password.
And tick the remember me box.

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

I just got the same message. I did not change anything at my end. However I am an international player and I am aware that our Gametap accounts will be cancelled when MOUL is taken offline. I did not change to a Green account but No payment was taken from me when it was due about 16 March - actually I would gladly have paid for an extra month. PLEASE don't tell me that I have been downgraded to a visitor account before the end!!!

Edit: I don't even get as far as the place to enter user name... there is a message saying "Self-patch failed... exiting"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

I just had the same problem. The quick workaround is to add
Code:
64.236.64.114 file.urulive.com
64.236.64.113 auth.urulive.com

to your hosts file (/etc/hosts on Mac OS X, C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on Windows).

Apparently file.urulive.com, which the updater is looking for, has vanished from DNS. The addresses above are what file.mystonline.com and auth.mystonline.com resolve to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you Christian! Panic over - editing the hosts file worked. In Windows XP the hosts file is in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

For those who don't know how, you can open that with a text editor (like Notepad) and add in the lines Christian gave.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next