It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:32 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:35 am 

Imitation being flattery, and all that.

Here's the Guild of Cartographer's resource list. Below you will find a list of websites and topics relevant to the Guild.

Please post any additions, corrections, or comments below.

Last edited by Aiden on Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:36 am 

News and Announcements

Map Links

Guild Links

Cartography Links

Last edited by Aiden on Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:44 pm 

If I am interested in exploring ages and learning about different aspects of the flora/fauna/architecture/cultural ideas, would this be the appropriate guild? I enjoy learning about these things myself, yet have no art skills what-so-ever. I notice that although maps are important, I'm not sure if this would be a more maintainer's or cartographer's issue..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:46 pm 

Khorax wrote:
If I am interested in exploring ages and learning about different aspects of the flora/fauna/architecture/cultural ideas, would this be the appropriate guild? I enjoy learning about these things myself, yet have no art skills what-so-ever. I notice that although maps are important, I'm not sure if this would be a more maintainer's or cartographer's issue..

I know there is/was a Guild of Zoologists somewhere out there who was working on collecting and cataloging this information, so you may wish to seek them out.

On the cartography front, we always try to include this kind of information on our maps as space and clarity allows, so if you would like to work with us in that way then we'd be more than happy to have you. You could work with cartographers on their respective Ages; collecting this data, figuring out what is most relevant to the map, and finding ways to include it ascetically. Or you could write companion articles to our maps which detail points of interest that can be found.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do, by all means head over to our forums (link above) and we'll see what we can come up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Khorax, the group you want is the D'ni Zoological Society. I don't believe it's an actual "guild" though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:37 pm 

Update: We're planning our first big meeting for all the newcomers. If you'd like some input on when it happens, post at the link above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:25 pm 

Update: Meeting has been scheduled. See link for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:35 am 

Updated: added Meeting Chatlogs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:49 pm 

For those waiting in Second Life or considering SL use this link to find the main Bevin
http: //slurl.com/secondlife/Siren%20Myst/36/223/610 - now broken - destination gone

Use this link to find the free stuff D'ni Refugess and other refugess from D'ni have provided.
http: //slurl.com/secondlife/Siren%20Myst/102/109/112 - now broken

There is a free membership level for Second Life. There is a teen SL and and adult SL. You can find me in the adult SL under the name Nalates Urriah. Use the search feature to find me. I'm west coast and tend to be on around 9PM PST/PDT. Find my profile and send me an IM (of course you know that is an instant message).

If I'm not online, the IM will be saved and I'll see it when I next logon. You can also search for D'ni Refugees or Uru Explorer. You are looking for the GROUP (like a club or D'ni hood). Join and then PM the group. Someone in the group is almost always online. Just saying hello will likely get you a dozen or quick hello's. People there are as ready to help as they have been here and in D'ni.

The community there stays up to date on the goings on here and at UO. Plus, they hang out quite a bit.If we get enough of the GoC there we may form a group too. Until then either of the two listed will keep you in touch.

See you around,

Edit------------------------------------------
July Update
Much has changed since I wrote the above. :D Please see the new Resource list: Guild of Cartographers Quick Resource List II

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]