It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:06 pm 

Paradox wrote:
The stranger wrote:
... as far as I know they have no programmers or artists left, and are running as a QA business, not a game development studio.

?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

VoiZod wrote:
PLEASE correct me on these things;
1. MO:RE is going back to the old engine URU CC right?
...a) All the user ages are with the old engine
...b) Is the MOUL ( new content ) going to be ported to the old engine?
......i. Be great if so cause then Cyan could add in (sry forgot the name of the age ) The age where there are Huge bones and you can fly on the backs of ... T's!
2. Cyan is going to restart up D'mala and shard network will take shape just like before?
...a) Is Cyan going to offer another Kagi key to purchase for free Shard linking?
3. When is Cyan going to Restart D'mala? so we can get going on this Grand Dream Experiment!..

ANSWERS:
1.) No. MO:RE will start out the same as MO:UL.
...a.) The engine used in Uru:CC is completely unsuitable for use with more than 10 players online simultaneously.
...b.) All the same content that existed when MO:UL closed will be available when MO:RE opens (in the near future?).
......i.) I'm not familiar with the age you describe. That age does not seem to be available for download currently.

2.) Cyan will run the game from a single primary server farm. Fan servers, if any, will be transparently linked from the primary servers. It is intended that the explorers have no direct visibility as to what server is actually in use. Any unique content on a specific server will be accessed according to content via the central server. In other words, the linking book used might dictate which server is used, but the explorer will neither know nor care which server is involved.
...a.) Shards, as previously defined in UU, will not exist. Accounts on the primary servers will cost around $25 for 6 months.

3.) Cyan still has a lot to do before starting MO:RE and only a couple of people to do it. We are hoping it will be before the end of the year. The opening will be in stages. First stage will be a billing system and servers with the content from MO:UL. Second stage will incorporate mechanisms for Fan Created Art (FCA) also known as user created content (UCC) regulated by FCA Licensing (FCAL) and guild review process which is now being formed. See the forums at the guilds of Writers, Maintainers, and Archivists for details of the new (pending) process. Third stage is still nebulous, but may include either new content by Cyan or content specified by Cyan and created by the Guild of Writers.

Other Info:
Fan created content already exists for use with Uru:CC or Uru:ABM&PotS offline games. The Uru Library Manager (ULM) utility available at the guild sites will download those ages and put new books in your Relto bookshelf. The Guild of Writers maintains tools to create new ages and will make the modifications necessary to re-export those ages in the alternate format for MO:RE when the time comes. They also provide tutorials on age creation using the free toolset.

Again, I am not familiar with the fan age you described. It seems to have been lost during the past couple of years. If you could contact the author, maybe it could be resurrected and made available through ULM and eventually in MO:RE.

One last thought. MO:RE is not MO:UL... it is more!

David Tierce

This post inspected by: Maintainer #165
MOULa-Ki: 15763576
GEHN-Ki: 00022090
DI-Ki: 00145074

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:41 am 

I'm pretty sure he is referring to an incomplete Cyan age - Kahlo.

Kahlo has huge bones everywhere and was intended to contain rideable animals that could fly.

Cyan built substantial areas of Kahlo but never was able to get the creatures to work in Uru's physics system, and creating rideable flying animals sounds like a difficult feature to implement in any case.

However I suppose that Cyan may one day release at least some piece of Kahlo sans creatures, as parts of the age are already modeled and textured and have been for some time.

Screenshots of Kahlo:
http://uru.patchallel.com/kahlo_images.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:17 am 
Obduction Backer

Kahlo sounded like a really fun place. And it'd be great to explore it even without the creatures. But I doubt Cyan would release it in a incomplete form..(or any other Age for that matter). Unless of course they'd entrust some Writers with the task to complete it. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:10 pm 

Quote:
?!

I know,I'm worried too.I fear that unless cyan worlds are working on another game,they are doomed,and so is MOUL.And look at that: cyantest.com .I find that very sad.If cyan worlds won't get MOUL running soon,it won't be good.

I know I already asked for that,but I wish we could get a word from any cyan worlds employee,that they could run for at least one more year in their condition right now.

:( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

There isn't anything to run by Cyan except the servers of which the costs will be covered by the subscription fees. And for the rest... everything is entirely up to us, the explorers. If you want something done: You do it!

Hmm, did I just use the Slackers slogan there? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:37 pm 

haha,I understand that d'lanor,I just worried about cyan worlds condition.What if they can't keep going until MOUL is up? what if they DON'T have a new game ready like "spokesman review" said and they will not be able to keep going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

In that case I would hope for an updated UU with the MOUL server binaries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:59 pm 

If you ask me,I'm ready for "cyan worlds is closing" any time.I DON'T WANT that (really don't want that),but i'm READY for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:19 pm 

The thing that would upset me is if Cyan ends up going out of business in trying to get MORE going.

Guys...you don't have to do this! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:21 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Oooo, cool. Doom and gloom posts.

That means optimistic communication from Cyan must be coming soon.

It's the natural cycle of things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:23 pm 

Cyan has been through slumps like this before. I never worried before, but with no sign of them working on new games, and since MORE is still pretty vague, it may be time to start worrying.

Of course, "the ending has not yet been written".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Each time somebody tries to write the ending the community tears out the page and throws it away. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:01 pm 

Exactly. WE DON'T WANT AN ENDING!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:08 pm 

D'Lanor wrote:
Each time somebody tries to write the ending the community tears out the page and throws it away. :lol:

It's like a book - each time an ending comes, we don't want it and redraft. Eventually we'll get it right and hopefully have a happy ending! ;)

TG

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next