It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

How do you plan to play Uru? Do you plan to play a little, a lot, at set times? Will you play with a group of friends who logon when you do? Will you logon at different times, different days? How do you play Uru?

I was thinking about this, and I'm curious what all of you are planning to do - how you think you might play Uru.

I'll start. Me - I'm a very committed casual player. I'll be on, but probably only for a couple of hours a week - my life is such that I can't seem to manage any more time. That's what I say - but in the past I've tended to stay longer than I expected, once I get in. I play weekday evenings, and weekends, no set day or time. On weekends I'll play afternoons or evenings. On weekends, I've been known to stay on late. I played Uru more in previous years, but during the was 2003 I was laid off (working now, all is good), and I had more time.

I think this affects what I want out of Uru. I like to have something that can be accomplished in a short period of time. Although most of the puzzles cannot be solved so quickly, the good thing is that the puzzles are in instanced persistent ages. I get my own copy of an age (instancing) and it's persistent - it doesn't go back to "prime state", when I leave the age. That's a big help to me, as I can have something half done in an age and I can go back and finish it later. It also affects my experience with the multiplayer puzzles - the ones that require more than one other person. Those types of puzzles don't work well for me.

It also explains why I'm resistent to live events. Sometimes I'm willing and able to schedule myself around an Uru event. I'll do it if I'm reasonably sure that I can get in, that the lag won't be too bad, and I can have have a good time in a couple of hours. That means parties work great for me, particularly during weekend evenings (my time zone), but the live plays (story driven events) did not work.. I'm all into optimizing my playing time. That can mean just hanging out and talking to people, or random exploring - that works for me too.

How to you plan to play Uru?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:55 pm 

24/7. Or as often as possible - I need to get re-addicted. :)

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Actually, my style of playing Uru is a lot like yours, mszv. Maybe a little more restricted in that it was almost impossible for me to connect during peak internet times (late afternoon and evening hours) until after that problem was fixed for those who could not connect at all after the server move.

I would usually play for almost an hour every morning before I left for work, which meant that I had to get everything done that needed to be done during that time. I didn't have time to socialize much in cavern while MOUL was going on.

I am hoping that my connection problems will be non-existent when MORE starts. I plan to socialize more this time around. I won't have a lot of time to visit, but I will make more of an effort to stop by a 'hood or A'egura each time I log on this go round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

I expect to log in much the same as I did before, as I only have so much time I can spend online (Real life commitments), along with a some of my 'bevin buds'. Saying that, I may be spending more time building stuff for MORE than IC.

:P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

mszv wrote:
How do you plan to play Uru?

From one end to the other and back again. I use all my avi for everything from IC to OOC and a few Slacker things too. :wink: You never know who or where I will show up next as. I visit every shard and every hood on every shard. I play anything from a few minutes at a time to an all weekend all night binders. No stone or leaf is left un-turned. The best part is my wife semplerette is not lazy either. She is right there. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:53 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

A mad dash to get my avatar names, then slowly and leisurely go through the ages to reacquire things. I plan to stretch it out quite a bit, probably just as the serendipitous consequences of being in a place or with others. I will investigate the purpose and possibility of resuming my involvement in the Lake Project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am another casual gamer. One or two evenings a week and sometimes in the early morning are the only times I can hope to manage. My surface life tends to be rather chaotic and full. :)

I didn't mind the episodes too much, but I thought the random occurrences were better because I managed to see a few of the Cyan characters that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:24 pm 

Every opportunity I have to get on Uru, I will take it. I'll be on a lot.

KI#46415
KI#80658

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

If i can link from Greece.......hehe.....whenever i will have time ( work, girls etc..)
Dimitrios

Greece Ki # 117119

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:33 pm 

Love for my family restricts me to a couple of hours a week. I will make those set to scedule so that chances are good of meeting a few friends. As often as possible I hope to make extra time for it during working hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:45 pm 

i expect to be there a lot, as i always was, especially in the beginning to go through the ages for 9 billionth time. :) since there will be more to do this time around, i exect it will take longer. i'll probably stretch it out more so there will be stuff to do until the player created ages start showing up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:45 pm 

Of course I'll return to the Cavern, but I'm now part of what Greydragon called the fractured community living happily in Second Life.with a lot of other members of the Uru community. I seriously doubt we will abandon that venue, especially since many have invested a lot of time, effort, and creativity in finding a home there. The upshot is that we will not forget our roots, visit the Cavern often, and look forward to the fan created ages. But for some time to come MORE will have to share the hours available for on line living.

Alden Alderson in SL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:25 pm 

Three or four times a week for me, an hours or so each. I am married now and I have a wife to keep entertained ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:33 pm 

I'll be on all the time I can,, granddaughter will have her share of my pc time. Depends also on how much is new that I want to get my teeth into. As for the events that is the same as MOUL, I will take more time to get thru it,, again it depends if we have to complete anything in succession in order to get to the new ages. I would like to see events played out in order to move on into ages. IE story line or age growth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:37 pm 

I will probably try to get the prime ages out of the way as quickly as possible then slowly do the marker calibration missions and get the pod rings etc. The only challenge will be not to take MORE for granted, I lost touch with MOUL last year and started playing other games, it didnt occur to me it wouldnt be around a few months later. Cant wait to get back into the cavern and see you all, it will be an exciting day. :D