It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Guilds in Genesis
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:33 pm 

Greetings and Shorah, members of the Guilds of Uru

When the Genesis Project began, we had the main concept of including the five central Guilds:
The Guild of Writers
The Guild of Maintainers
The Guild of Messengers
The Guild of Cartographers
The Guild of Archivists

Now, the structure is more fractured, and there are more Guilds than we thought. The Guilds are, of course, the pillars of the online community. They are in any community - that is their function, to bring people together and in turn provide a service to everyone else, be it art, programming, advice, or just a friendly, helping hand.

We were hoping to have Genesis represent these Guilds, and the people that run them.
We have the structure of Genesis decided, and how the Guilds will be represented in this Age.

This will include the History of the Guild,
What the Guild does,
How it helps,
And samples of it's work,
Or other information relating to it.

I will have sent messages to as many Guild Heads as I could, and by the end of this week those Guilds and Guild heads who wish to be represented in Genesis will be listed here.

Shevek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

What about the 'Guild of Comedy' ?

"All Work and No Play Makes Explorers Dull Guild Members" :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:14 pm 

Actually, Semplerfi, yes.
I will be sending messages to all the Guild heads I can get ahold of - Guild of Greeters, Guild of Comedians, Guild of Caterers... care to represent teh Guild of slackers...?:D

Shevek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shevek wrote:
care to represent teh Guild of slackers...?:D

Actualy I am the front person for the 'Guild of Comedy'. That one is enough for me, thank you though. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:02 pm 

Quote:
"All Work and No Play Makes Explorers Dull Guild Members
That is where I am going wrong, off to play I go.
Szark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Shevek wrote:
When the Genesis Project began, we had the main concept of including the five central Guilds:
The Guild of Writers
The Guild of Maintainers
The Guild of Messengers
The Guild of Cartographers
The Guild of Archivists

Actually, the Guild of Greeters, not Archivists is the fifth guild recognized by the DRC/Cyan in the game. However, the GoA is going to be very important to MORE, so should be considered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:50 pm 

Shorah Tai'lahr

Actually, yes; I do know that the gog is one of the new five - my core five was based on the traditional list from rel.to.
The other reason for not listing the GoG in my main list is because they have recently suffered a grievous loss. Since then I have not been able to raise anyone from their team, really, I have not received replies to my emails and I cannot join the forums.
They were, of course, my first stop in the Guild roll call for Genesis: Having an Age intended to display to new Explorers would mean calling in the GoG's skills.
Second in that would be the GoA to get all the history of Uru, to put in the journals within the Age.
Beyond that, the Age would still not reach its full potential without the rest of the Guilds - but that is true of MORE as a whole, I believe.

Anyway, off to find a way to represent the Guild of Comedians in this...a poster, perhaps? Some small sound snippets of comedians trapped in echo-gems? What do you think, semplerfi?

Shevek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:02 am 

Quote:
So, I put to you: Would you LIKE to have your Guild represented in the Age of Genesis?
This representation would include:
A small awning with your symbol over the door.
A small description of what your Guild actually does.
A journal with information and (perhaps) the history of your Guild written within.
Samples of your work, be it literature, programs, or artwork.
A roster of your Guild Members (which will be updated every two months)
And (if your team agrees to it) perhaps the KI numbers of your representatives, liaisons, or recruiters for new players to contact.

NO, this will not be a facility for your Guild.
NO, we are not looking to replace your Guild Hall.
NO, we are not looking to undermine any efforts you have already made.
NO effort or work will be required on your part or from any part of your Guild, though opinions and suggestion will always be welcome.

As a messenger, I would like it if the GoMe had a small place in the Genesis Age and even though very few of us are in the age making business, I believe that we would collaborate gladly with whoever will want to actually put GoMe related stuff into Genesis. We can provide various texts and for sure. :) Including the GoMe Newspaper in it could be a nice thing. Considering that the PDF pages are already done, maybe it won't be too difficult to create a newspaper on a table to click on.[/quote]

"When you want your message out in the cavern, use the Guild of Messengers."

Andros KI: #265443 Kalypso Ki: #5962956

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:00 am 

Shevek wrote:
Anyway, off to find a way to represent the Guild of Comedians in this...a poster, perhaps? Some small sound snippets of comedians trapped in echo-gems? What do you think, semplerfi?

Shevek

Shevek, check this old Guild of Comedy thread for old posters...
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 302#159302

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:59 pm 

Shevek,

I'll have my wife pop over to the GoG Forum and see what is going on with them, she's a Greeter. I do know that they were going through some changes over there. Perhaps your request got lost in the shuffle, or they just have not gotten to it. I'll find out.

EDIT: Okay, my wife got a post going over at the GoG Forum. She's trying to find out what's going on. She hasn't been hanging out there, as she's not one of the guild leaders, and she's been working long hours in real life. We'll see if they respond to her post. If they do, I'll let you know what they said.

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Since so many Greeters are actually members of this forum, including Indy, Ayli and myself, all GM's, a simple pm here would have initiated contact.

As for Andy sharing the GOG reaction to Alaina's post, please do not since she posted in the Greeters only area and anything there is confidential.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Artic_Wagon wrote:
Shevek wrote:

Shevek

Shevek, check this old Guild of Comedy thread for old posters...
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 302#159302

Do you all see the 'clicky link' (bolded) in my post? It is underlined and a different color font. AW's link goes to the same place.

As you can see there are lots of posters, Ki pictures from the shows and audence comments.

semplerfi wrote:
Shevek wrote:
care to represent teh Guild of slackers...?:D

Actualy I am the front person for the 'Guild of Comedy'. That one is enough for me, thank you though. :wink:

The real heart of the 'Guild of Comedy' is here.
http://slackerslive.servegame.com/SlackersLive/viewforum.php?f=18

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for your pm, Shevek. I am asking members of the Guild of Healers if this is something they would like. Will post with a response as soon as I have one.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:31 am 
Obduction Backer

I have also responded to your pm and will get back to you as soon as I can. Greeters are not know for doing anything quickly though.

What can you tell us about yourself and your project that will help us to make a decision?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

You could say I represent Slackers. :twisted:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next