It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:06 am 

Quote:
Writer wants to "restore" a new area in the D'ni city, but it is self-contained and only available via the Nexus.

Verdict: Approved. The key to this being "self-contained," so it doesn't cause any continuity problems with the City, neighborhoods, etc. as it has been shown in Uru.

Would this work?

Take the Hood instance and link to the Hood's City instance and use the city instance like a
unfinished puzzle to restore including the boats and nighboring islands using whats already there
in the content we already all have for the textures etc. or posibily cutting existing objects into
more managable parts to minipulate around in a 3D editor. or use as a template etc.

I guess I'm really hoping for some kind of 'in game' way of creating ages but that would take
quite a programming bemoth (spelling) behind the curtains though.
BUT before MouL even started Cyan said that they would be making these speial plugins
for everyone to download for this 'age creating' I think Cyan has something grand
in the myst to make things ALOT easer for all. :lol:

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:24 am 

Jamey wrote:
misterzen wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION:

In the case of creating a new self contained Hood. For the soul sake of graphical appeal continuity, would it be permitted to use Cyan''s rock and cavern wall textures?

That would be a no-no

This would violate the fifth rule: Writers must not use the intellectual property of others.

Cyan owns the textures and has rights to them, so just using it without asking them would be copyright infringement.

However, if you ASK Cyan before you put it in your age and they say yes, then it would be ok

IMHO I think Cyan should make a sign up page for an account for MORE and then by
your accepted membership be able to use any MouL texture and content to make their ages.
but make known if they used anything forign (spelling) texture wise. This would help others keep
with in the general themes and look of MouL and we wouldn't have to worry and waste so much time
about asking Cyan for permission when we all could be age creating. ;)

URUb - KI - 00356281

Last edited by VoiZod on Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm currently following Apple's Let's Rock event at Ars Technica and what they tell about games for the iPod Touch sounds promising! I'm sure Myst will be great on it, and Riven even more.

I also think it will sell well... Whether you like the quality control on the App store or not, it's certainly good for Cyan, as Myst will be noticed sooner and it's a piece of cake to get it on the iPod, just hit a button. I hope they generate profit and can do a Riven version too.

EDIT: Oops, this was meant to be posted in the Status Update topic. :oops: :oops:

Last edited by Erik on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:06 am 

Pardon my ignorance,
If i wished to create the area aound the entrance to the sealed room of the Terahnee book (the ancestors of the D'ni), could i do this?
Keep in mind that the book was resealed at the end of "The book of D'ni"
And of course i would not show anything that was not described in "The book of D'ni"
Although this was an important part of D'ni history, no new information would be revealed

Or would Cyan want this left alone as a possible future expansion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:47 pm 

powersthatbe wrote:
Pardon my ignorance,
If i wished to create the area aound the entrance to the sealed room of the Terahnee book (the ancestors of the D'ni), could i do this?
Keep in mind that the book was resealed at the end of "The book of D'ni"
And of course i would not show anything that was not described in "The book of D'ni"
Although this was an important part of D'ni history, no new information would be revealed

Or would Cyan want this left alone as a possible future expansion?

This would almost certainly be a no-no (I'm 99.9999999999999% sure). Since it deals directly with previous story, it will be off limits. Even though you may not expand on the story at all, you can't create any area that has already been seen or read about in the canon of D'ni.

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:01 am 

Cool, thanks for the help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:49 am 

Quote:
This would almost certainly be a no-no (I'm 99.9999999999999% sure). Since it deals directly with previous story, it will be off limits. Even though you may not expand on the story at all, you can't create any area that has already been seen or read about in the canon of D'ni.

Thats one of the biggest things I think Alot of explorers want to do!
Is to retore a part of the cavern which Cyan has never bothered to do!
Is to also help tie up 'loose ends' in the story line and also advance some and add new
D'ni knowlage and history. All things Cyan has been veeeeeeeeeeery slow at doing, if at all.
We WANT closer We want to advance and move forward! how can we if we are all told
NO to just about everything we want to HELP do?

URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:33 am 

Those are the rules Cyan has laid down. Could they change? Maybe. I understand the desire to restore something we've already heard about. It's easier because we already have a picture in our mind. But I would guess that the places that have been mentioned so far make up maybe 1% of the cavern; maybe less. If you want to restore part of the cavern, restore a part that hasn't been mentioned yet. Then, someday, if Cyan losses the rules a bit, you'll have had a lot of practice before tackling something everyone has their own mental picture of.

KI# 00140468

Post subject: storylines
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:08 pm 

Could you please tell me if any further insight into the Bahro, as a storyline, would be acceptable. I have an idea but do not want to go outside the boundaries. Thank you
lily

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:04 am 

That's a tough one. It's hard to tell what would be allowed because we still know very little about the Bahro. I think the rules about creating stories around the D'ni kind of apply here. If you are talking about something a small group of Bahro did you might be okay. If you say, or even imply, something about the Bahro as a species/culture, that would probably be off limits.

For example:

You could say (I think) that a small group of Bahro once lived in the Age of Tree.

You could not say that prior to being enslaved, all Bahro fed on D'ni blood.

This is my best guess. It might be a good idea to consult a higher power (RAWA).

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:49 pm 

OMG! :? I'm soooo confused! Just need some clarification here. What writers is RAWA talking about in the guidelines?
I mean, are they talking about us, or Cyan employees, or the guilds? Someone explain this to me in the most understandable way ever possible. Please! Maybe then I'll be up to date on all the news and actually understand what's going on,

A/B/C (For those of you who don't know, it stands for Abelc/ Belac/ Caleb. I just thought it was cool how that worked out)

EDIT: What are player made ages? I mean, I know they are what they say... But... I don't know... Arghhhhhh! I'm sooooo confuuuuuuuuuused!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

abelc wrote:
I'm soooo confused! Just need some clarification here. What writers is RAWA talking about in the guidelines? I mean, are they talking about us, or Cyan employees, or the guilds? Someone explain this to me in the most understandable way ever possible. Please! Maybe then I'll be up to date on all the news and actually understand what's going on,

Those guidelines are for any fan who wants to create new areas or story lines for Uru. That's why they were posted in this public forum. Fan creativity is not restricted to any of the guilds, but there is a lot of support available from the guild websites and the members. You should investigate what is available before trying to create anything on your own. The Rel.To website is an index to all the other sites.

abelc wrote:
What are player made ages? I mean, I know they are what they say... But... I don't know... Arghhhhhh! I'm sooooo confuuuuuuuuuused!

The official term for "player made ages" or story lines is Fan Created Artwork (FCA). Providing those ages or story lines other players requires an FCA License (FCAL). An FCAL can be obtained fairly easily by sending a request along with an outline of your idea to [email protected]. (However, the reply won't be quick.)

David Tierce

This post inspected by: Maintainer #165
MOULa-Ki: 15763576
GEHN-Ki: 00022090
DI-Ki: 00145074

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:29 am 

The GoMA (Guild of Maintainers) and GoW (Guild of Writers) both maintain forums that support fans engaged in writing ages.

GoMA runs an inspection side and GoW is more concerned with the nut's and bolts of age creation both maintain links to shared Wiki information on how to create fan made ages how to load and distribute these using the ULM (Uru Library Manager) and information on testing and running these ages using either Uru Tpots or Uru Combined Chronicles.

Unfortunately these fan created ages can only be visited solo. We are actively looking for a legal way to host multi access for testing purposes.

If all you want to do is see some new areas or even have a go at creating your own it's a valid excuse to drive yourself crazy.

The age creation tools are free and information what you would need and where it can be found is also available on the GoW Wiki http://guildofwriters.com/wiki/Main_Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:32 pm 

Q: Would it be possible to create additional pubs for Guilds and Groups who clear the motions through the Guild System?

E.g. have a Healers' Pub added to the Nexus or something similar.

To go one step further, could we re-use the Pub layout for new rooms or regions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Why does Cyan cant create some zones in D'ni Aegura which would be like large streets or elevators giving people the ability to create quarters in the city without disturbing the already made city.

like:
- I created the sellers market, it's a new zone in the city.
- to access it, players have to go to an elevator or vehicle of some sort (boats?)
- they climb in (the same for every one) they enter, they choose the name of the zone they want to go.
(pretty like the nexus but only for the city without linking books)
- then loading sequence (we do'nt know where the boat is going)...
- then player lands to the new zone.

TADAAA it could be a way of sailing throug the city without disturbing original architechture/maps it's more "natural" (boats are sinking we have to do something)

this only solve the problem of making instances through the nexus which for me should not be used to link to city zones (except officials...) simply to other worlds...

but zones should still stay on the same rules that all the city...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next