It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:22 pm 

Central Access System or Multiple Access ports ??/

will there be a singular place to go to log in to a main server for OSUruP (Open Source Uru Project , could be OCCULT -Open source Consumer Created Uru License Test as well , lol ) allowing "floating" from server to server within the game ??

or

will there be a more BBS-like system list allowing login to different servers where each is an island unto itself ?

or

will it be more like UU where one had to hunt and seek out "shards" then beg for access?

secondly, how will licensing address "add-ons" or "themes" (will they be allowed) ? like a possible add-on that would allow a voice chat through the KI , or a theme that would make things look as though the user had amber colored glasses on.
or a theme that would change the font in the KI system.

KI#283599

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:22 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Grogyan wrote:
Rusty_Russell wrote:
Quote:
Also, we may (or may not) be subject to RAWA's guidelines for new content, or other systems (FCALs etc)..

Does FCAL (Cyan approval) still apply for new content?

No, we no longer will have to go through the red tape to create new content, though there will be some QA done by server admins or the folks at the GoMa and GoW, before new content will be allowed on a main server

Where is that in blue?

I can't find that post, which was only made withing the last 2 months from a Cyan representative.

Besides, you think that there will still be a FCAL process if we are hosting the Ages?

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't know, Grogyan, which is why it's in a list of questions for Cyan to answer. My quote is from Aloys, so there's doubt and uncertainty even among the GoW (I'm assuming that Aloys is a member of the guild).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:35 am 

I was a mite silly and asked a question of Cyan before I saw this thread, but here is my question anyway...... :lol:

Q: What form will the tools take........

Something like the Pyprp plugin made by the writers that plugs into blender............

Or

Something more like a standalone mod kit that will not need anything else to do it's job.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:42 am 

Cyan's tools are a 3D Studio Max plugin, very similar to the PyPRP plugin, but without all of the limitations of development and Blender. All of Cyan's work is done in Max itself, rather than using a separate build process: Max is the build process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:26 am 

I'd like you know if Cyan is planning on releasing their full code (even the stuff in internal release). Basically, the administration and development tools inside the engine itself.

I can think of a few things contained in this internal release: ZeroGravMode, CCR console (things like switching local avatars, etc.), render-style switching.

I hope this isn't what they're taking a long time doing (stripping out this stuff).

Also, with the "plugin" there's the real-time 3dsMax modeling "preview" tool originally written by the HeadSpin guys. Also wondering about this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:48 pm 

How did Cyan look at child protection when they ran things?
Did Cyan experience any problems?

How did GT look at it?
Did GT experience any problems?

How did Cyan pick their ResEng's?
How does GT pick their support people?

Did Cyan carry liability insurance for the game?
What does Cyan think about child protection and age limits?

EDIT: Add stats
The stats are here:
http://www.sentrypc.com/statistics.htm (put some salt on this one - they sell protection software)
http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploaded ... safety.pdf
http://www.enough.org/inside.php?id=2UXKJWRY8#6
http://www.enough.org/inside.php?tag=stat%20archives#6
http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/archiv ... _thou.html

To keep perspective: http://www.pbs.org/teachers/learning.no ... _abou.html

ANDY CARVIN - PBS Teachers wrote:
Of course, no one should ever discount the importance of improving online safety for children. Even if only three percent of kids have been solicited to meet someone offline, that’s an astoundingly large number, and we need to start educating kids early enough so they realize how dangerous a situation this could be for them.

Still, is the news media in a feeding frenzy over something that’s actually quite rare, or is it merely focusing on a topic that had been ignored unjustly? My gut tells me the answer is somewhere in the middle. Nonetheless, the media coverage is causing a subsequent frenzy among policymakers on Capitol Hill, who wish to look tough on online predators - even if it means rendering school Internet access impotent, as it were.
Reference: http://www.livescience.com/othernews/06 ... panic.html
I agree with Mr. Carvin.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Last edited by Nalates on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:13 pm 

What will be the power level of the private servers?
Does Cyan's scanner say anything?

How is babby formed? How girl get praegnant?
How did Cyan find out?

Who was phone?
Does GT know?

How do I shot web or mine for fish?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:15 pm 

Kumah wrote:
What will be the power level of the private servers?
Does Cyan's scanner say anything?

How is babby formed? How girl get praegnant?
How did Cyan find out?

Who was phone?
Does GT know?

How do I shot web or mine for fish?

Heh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:55 pm 

Nalates, there has been not a single incident related to child protection. Nothing. The only thing related to child protection I have seen so far is your fear-mongering, which I really think you should quit, because it's not doing anyone any good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:04 am 

What about protecting us adults? I remember years ago being chased around UU by a very frightening avi, scared the expletive out of Kat & Mouse. Turned out it was an 11 year old boy having the time of his life :lol:

I too, don't see where all this child protecting all of a sudden comes from... it's popping up on several forums and honestly, I think Uru is one of the child safest places on earth... I have never heard any complaints, not in Prologue, never in UU (which was the "roguest" of all in a way) and not in MOUL either.

Children should be monitored online anyway, and Uru is no different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:41 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Q: What was so awfully important in the MOUL storyline planning that the tent rope climb had to be taken away in preparation for that area to be used by ... whatever it was going to be? And why did that area not get used for ... whatever it was going to be?

Q: Did I ask this already - What were the plans for the KI light? Why was that not used?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:39 am 

JWPlatt wrote:
Q: What was so awfully important in the MOUL storyline planning that the tent rope climb had to be taken away in preparation for that area to be used by ... whatever it was going to be? And why did that area not get used for ... whatever it was going to be?

At one time, I was told that all "exploits" were prohibited to protect "the vault data base".

Maybe it will be easier to understand when fans start playing from their own server(s). :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:26 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Artic_Wagon wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:

At one time, I was told that all "exploits" were prohibited to protect "the vault data base".

Maybe it will be easier to understand when fans start playing from their own server(s). :wink:

Maybe.

In the meantime, here's a link to the second of two Ryan Miller posts in "the rope," a thread of protest against closing the rope climb in which he explains why it was taken away:
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 1380#21380

Besides the bugs and vault issues, he says:

On Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:33 pm, rjsm wrote:
d) We have plans for this area. Plans that affect who can get beyond the ropes and who can't. We hope to limit that area to specific people and the rope climb prevents that. This isn't about just taking away fun but our future plans (sorry, I should have made that more clear).

My objections, which also quote rjsm's first post in the thread, can be found here:
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 1265#21265

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think we have already seen those "people". That area served as a stage for the Bahro avatars during the season finale. Although during the actual performance they appeared mainly on the nearby rooftops.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next