It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:10 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:20 pm 

I'd rather have the log out an re log in than a nexus like config. A restart from my favourite URU play to enter a wilder version. That would be to not break the enchantment. If haywire URU-based worlds meet to freely and with no more of a visible barrier than a linking book, and the KI chatting with those in another universe... I would not like it. Then off-course if I could make game setting so that I was invisible to those on other "shards" and not bbeing able to "see" players in other URU universes, then the illusion of one world, tied in with reality, may hold anyway.
I'm not worried tho' as there seems a long way and hard work to get any sort of world going and I'll be very happy once that accomplished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:29 pm 

Rudolfson

A lot of what you would like from Uru is already in-game, or can be added to the game and created in context for a single instanced environment.

We can already cut outselves out of the multiplayer environment by using private instanced versions of the ages from our relto bookshelf, additional options can be created in the KI which allows no communication with the player as well if they wish some time to themselves.

A library age could be created for custom ages, or a part of the cavern opened that we specifically use for access to community built ages, we could also move approved "cyan style" ages into the library in the city.

The control and methods of providing Uru is changing, the style of uru doesn't have to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kero wrote:
@ Gehn.... I see where you are coming from re having a game menu to get to the various versions of URU rather then an in game Nexus. I would be willing to go with it with this proviso - that I don't have to log out of one version of the game in order to access another. In other words - as a player I want to be able to go from URU version A (Canon content only) to URU version S (purple skin and mermaid tails allowed) as seamlessly as I go from Relto to my Neighborhood. Does that make any sense?

I don't know about the technical side. However, if it's feasible, I don't see why not. It would be a little longer, since you'd have to change your avatar (only the first time) and probably get a new KI (because trying to figure out what upgrades match with which...). Hopefully the Ages needed would not have to be reloaded (don't know the tech side of this).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:

1) Information about the age - description, rating, etc - out of game. [GoMe listing?]

I'd kinda taken it as a given that this would happen somewhere... hopefully here, or somewhere linked from here. That, to me, would fall under the purview of the Guild of Maintainers (however else they become involved), to keep a public list of visitable ages.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

More thoughts on downloading new ages for the first time here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8